General: W/c 4th September

Well done everyone on great losses! I'm new here but wanted to add to the thread - especially about studying!

I have signed up to the OU and will be starting in Feb 07. I'm doing DD100 - Introduction to Social Sciences and then I'll see what I fancy doing after that.

Today was Day 2 on Cambridge - still got a headache, but I remember from lat time I felt fab by Day 4, so roll on Thursday!!

Rachel xx

Hello everyone,
Been for weigh in this evening after my week on 790. I have lost another 3lbs - 11st11lbs. now. It's strange, but when I have been this weight in the past, I have been bigger than I am now. Perhaps it's going to the gym. It's confusing, because I'm happier with my shape than I am with my weight!! I just can't believe that 11st something is OK for a 5'4" person, and yet if I lose another stone I think I might look gaunt. CDC wants me to do 1,000 cal next week, and it's going to be VERY scary. (if I do it)
Ann x+

Well done Ann, you are doing so well. I think it is interesting to see what a difference exercise makes. Of course at 5feet 4, 11 something is acceptable if you remember that your muscle is weighing heavier than your fat used to! You must not end up looking gaunt, it is not atgtractive and very aging. At the gym I go to there is a very nice looking lady who swims frenetically everyday, 100 lengths+ but she is soooo thin that I am sure she looks at least 10 years older than she really is. I think anyone over 45 needs to have a comfort zoen of about a stone, I certainly intend to!

Hi and well done to all the losers so far (erm... you know what I mean, LOL)
I'm shaking in my boots at the moment.... I go for my first CD weigh-in today (after 13 weeks of LT, 1 week of CD) so that's a little nerve-wracking - but straight after that I have to go see my Orthopaedic consultant. I need him to give me a rough target weight for my operation. I've plotted on a graph what I've lost so far, and projected it forward to give us an idea what weight is possible when. Hopefully we'll be able to set a date for the op using it? Very scary stuff!! Fingers crossed he's kind to me and not a mean old sod!! LOL. I'll be later to update you all. Wish me luck?
Lesley

Hi Lesley, and good luck with your weigh in. (I'm sure you don't need it!) I also did a "projected loss" graph. My projected loss was 4lbs per week, and up until before my holidays I was exactly on taget. Now I'm about 6 lbs above the line, but it's been a good thing to do. I booked my holiday in Italy back in January when I was 20 stone. (size stretchy 28)That graph kept me focussed that I COULD be a size 16 when I went on the holiday, if I stuck to it. I did, and if you've read my posts, the holiday was wonderful. It just wouldn't have been, if I hadn't lost the weight - if I had even gone in the first place. Stay strong Lesley, you CAN do it. My cousin had both knees replaced 5 years ago and she has walked all over the place ever since - she had to use 2 sticks before.
Ann x

Hi wemitts

Ann - Congratulations on losing 3lb after a week of 790 ... you're really on the home run now and preparing to ease into the 'real food' thing!! How exciting!

Lesley - Sending you my best wishes for your appointment with the consultant: hope things go the way you want them to. Fingers, toes and everything else in between crossed for you!! :)

Rachel - Well done on signing up with OU: good luck on your course when it starts - it sounds really interesting! Going to college last year has really awakened a thirst for knowledge that I never knew I had: shame I didn't start younger and I could have fitted more in!!

Barb - Hiya! How's the swimming going? I can't imagine being able to swim loads of lengths like you do ... do you ever get bored? What do you think about (apart from breathing! ;) ) as you're swimming up and down? Is it like jogging where you have to get into 'the zone'?
There's a gym at the Uni I'm going to that is well equipped and VERY reasonably priced (£110 per year for Gold membership) ... I thought I might make use of it whilst I'm there. Unfortunately, there's no swimming pool but hey, can't have everything eh?

Got my weigh in tomorrow but I'm not holding out much hope for anything spectacular because (deep breath) .... wemitts - I had my first 'cheat' during the last week :( . It was daughter #3's 19th birthday and I laid on a birthday get-together for the family. There was loads of the usual yummy stuff and I caved in and had 3 chocolate fingers and 2 twiglets during the course of the event. Hardly a binge I know but contraband all the same.

It may have a negative effect - it may not. We'll see tomorrow. I haven't done AAM in over 5 months so I tried to justify it that way but I can't really justify chocolate fingers!! If it had been some chicken maybe I would have been less shame-faced about it! :eek: Oh well - proves I'm human I guess as my halo is now somewhere around my knees. Worry not however ... I'll get the duraglit out, give it a polish and hopefully it'll be reinstated above my head very soon!

Have a great day :D

Well thank God for that - Debbie is not super human, she is just Super! I don't know how you have done so long without caving in but to have merely dallied with a couple of choc fingers and a few twiglets? Don't worry about it and anyway, I think you look cute with an off kilter halo. LOL. Swimming wise i am doing well. It's funny really but I don't get bored I get sort of calm and happy. I don't allow myself to think about anything other than which length I'm on and I think it gives my brain, such as it is, a real rest. I love it and it's working for me so I shall swim and swim until I'm thin!! Love

Hi Guys and Dolls,

Ann - Congratulations on losing 3lb after doing 790 ... that's fantastic and exciting!

Lesley - good luck with your appointment with the consultant: I hope things go well for you.

Rachel - good luck on your OU course it sounds fab. and don't worry that headache should disperse over the next day or two, plenty of water and maybe the odd paracetamol and you'll be just fine!

Barb - well done with all that swimming you put me to shame with all your wonderful exercise lol

LOL AKB you do always make me grin - the thing is with me when I've done a bit of wallpaper stripping or painting skirting boards I feel like I "deserve" a treat haha xx

Irene, thanks the house is coming along nicely, and we should be just about finished by christmas lol hope everything is going ok with you xx

Deb - LOL @ the contraband comment! You have done so well this far I'm sure a couple of choccy fingers and twiglets won't do any damage - but I totally understand your apprehension and guilt.
You really have been a super duper wemitt for all this time so maybe your wemitt was having an off day and was distracted just long enough for those munchies to slip under his radar!!! Not long now though til you reach your goal eh!?

Well wemitts I am off to wolf down a mousse, I discovered quite by accident that if you mix a toffee walnut shake with flavoured water in a mousse it tastes kind of like a lemon merangue mmmm ... I used the wrong bottle of water from the fridge and lo and behold a gorgeous new taste! xx

Hope all wemitts are having a great day! xx

Ok... weight first, lost 5lb this week so crossed the 4st mark now and in 14 weeks to! Pleased with that.

Orthopaedic Surgeon is very impressed and finally gave me a target. I have to get my BMI under 40, so that's around 14st for me. So he's happy to do the operation end of january or february. So that's relief, but also mega scary cos it's getting more real. So I knuckle down and keep this going I should do fine.

Blimey! :eek: Thanks everyone for you rmessages of support! :) I never realised how much everyone cares about me.
Well I couldn't stay away any longer!!! lying in bed relaxing just isn't me so I'm up and about today. No choice really as Andy has got work for the next few days :( and I need to sort out the kids for school. Have a mate coming to pick Toby up and drop him off this afternoon. Ollie gets the bus so its just me and Sophie for a few hours until my Mum pops over later.

Well the operation went ok. I now have totally feeling back in my hand! no more pins & needles! But they have said I won't get the feeling back in my boob :( but I still have the other one!!! Very tired, swollen, bruised and generally feeling weepy and sad but hey things could have been alot worse! Hopefully thats it on the operation front for a while....another is likely :( in a few months time if the blood doesn't disperse they have drained it as much as they could but the consultant said he didn't want to remove it totally as it was so big my boob would have had a huge dent in so I may need it drained again.
Diet wise....I must get out my WW books before I explode!:eek: Had way to much comfort food over the last few days. Back to healthy eating today as DH is working so temptation taken away!...that sounds weird! what I mean is he's been tempting me with all my favourites!

Better get the kids up. Thanks again for all your get well wishes and vibes!

Love to you all

Kamilla xxx

Last edited:
Kam!!
Didn't expect to see anything from you for a while yet! So glad to hear from you: take it really easy and get well soon xx (I'm off to read your other post :) )

Hi all

Mrs T, lovely to hear from you again and Congrats on being in the teens, chuffed to bits for you – big hug.

Salsa great going on the 7pound lost this week and 2 stone in 4 weeks is really good.

Debbie, LOL at Lost, must confess I am a Sawyer girl, I sit there grinning at the TV when he does something nice and lets his tough guy image go. You have done so well on your journey, forget about your miniscule blip, doubt it will have much of an affect on your loss.

Rachel, hope you are feeling better today and over the worst of the first week.

Ann, 3 pounds is brilliant. Go with how you feel and look rather than scales, we are all different so whats right for one will be wrong for another.

Lesley, great news on your trip to the consultant, at least you have a date now and 14 stone by Xmas should be no problem for you.

Kam, welcome back, glad to hear the operation went well and you are on the mend. Do take it easy though and don’t over do it.

Well, I have decided to drag myself into the 21st Century and buy a PC for home, just placed my order with Dell (after a long discussion and a lot of help from the tekkie guy here at work:rolleyes: ) I now know the difference between a hard drive and memory not just were the on and off switch is - I think. Now all I need to do is get my head round internet connections and wireless routers:eek: . Typical me, I know it has to come from Ireland, but I want it now not 3 weeks or what ever it was:mad: I was never blessed with much patience. This is my 10% weightloss reward to myself - they seem to be getting bigger and more expensive with every new 10% achieved.

Having all my hair chopped off and highlighted tomorrow as its desparately overdue, hopefully that will shift a pound or two for my weighin on Saturday.:D

Hope everyone has a good weekend and good luck with any weighins.

Barbara: I so now how impatient feels! When I changed my comp I went to comet so I could take it home with me and get it up and running the same day....of course I already had the internet connection up and running.

Mrs Tweedy: Which water flavour was it? and how on earth do you get the mousse to mix evenly? I've tried it once, and it went lumpy and runny so not mixed properly.... and I followed the instructions to get water, put shake powder on, then add mousse mix on the powder, then use high speed blender. Was a mess, LOL. I'd love to get it right.

Ann: Wow both knees at once? Ouch! Did she get any advice about exercises to do before her op? I need to do something, without agravating my hip. I'm not looking forward to the op, but sure am looking forward to walking properly again. Fed up with juggling a stick when I need to carry something too, but can't manage without it. AND aren't sprung doors a pain???? So hard to get through like this.

Everyone else: well done with weightlosses, exercise etc. I apologise for not making more personal answers, but I'm sure I'll get to know you all bit by bit. I'm here for the duration and it'll be great to make friends. Thanks

Lesley it was the sunshine orange flavour and it was fab!

Just perservere with the mousse it is a nightmare to begin with, I lost count of the amount of disasters I had when I first started to use the mix a mousse, but now I am an expert lol I don't think I could get through the day without my mousse xx

Kam, lovely to see you posting, hope you feel better soon doll xx

Rachel, 6lbs already *applauds loudly* well done hun xx

Barbara, I hope your pc arrives soon, I don't know how I survived when we moved we had to wait for our internet connection (grrr BT) and I was like a maniac by the end, I had over 600 emails to read haha xx (popular aren't I ? LOL) admittedly half of it was spam !!!! xx

Hello Wemitts - hope everyone is hale and hearty!!!

Re the mousse - the trick is to mix the mousse powder extremely thoroughly with the shake powder before you add any (icy cold) water to it. Otherwise the gelatine starts to set and you get horrid stringy bits in it. Then whisk it up with an electric thingy for at least 3-4 mins - once it's set in the fridge, you should get a smooth blancmange-y pudding. YUMMY!!! lol

Back