General: W/c 4th September

I just have to tell all you lovely WeMitts about today. As you all know, I have dropped a few dress sizes and am enjoying buying nice clothes now BUT shoes are another matter. No matter how much weight I lose, I still have size 5EEE feet - they are VERY wide, always have been. Even in Italy, I wore Clarks walking sandals (the ones that fasten with velcro) nearly all the time, and Birkenstocks have done rather well out of me over the past few years.
Well someone told me about the Shoe Tailor, and on line place where you can buy nice shoes and boots in wide fittings. I orders 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of boots the other day and THEY CAME TODAY. Oh Joy!!!! ME, in high heeled black and gold sandals, me in high heeled black BEAUTIFUL ankle strap shoes and ME in black leather high heeld boots that FIT and ZIP UP!!!!!
I can't tell you how marvellous I felt, walking around the house in them - just because I could. It is years and years since I wore high heelds and it felt absoltely wonderful - and comfortable too. I am going to LL reunion tomorrow so I have a choice of footwear as well as clothes, my oh my, who'd have thought it only 8 short months ago.
Thanks for listening WeMitts, I'm on a bit of a roll!!!!
Ann xxx

That's wonderful news Ann! Nothing quite like a new pair of shoes to lift the spirits ... and when those shoes are of the 'sex kitten' variety, well - you must be on cloud nine!!

Fantastic!! :D

Ann, Oh those shoes sound lovely! especially the boots!! Funny enough I received 2 pairs of shoes same style just different colours! from the shoe taylor yesterday! Been getting my shoes from them for years! fab shoes in different widths....excellent! Hope you have a fab time today at your LL reunion.
Well hello Wemitts.....feeling a tad better today. Had a few days of fever so on antibotics not a surprise really! Have over done things abit to much so taking it very easy today. Going to get my hair coloured....nothing exciting just boring brown to cover the sudden grey :eek: that is appearing at a rapid rate :( probably something to do with the stress I've been under this year oh and my age! This is when I wish I was blond like my Mum!
Diet wise...mmm what can I say! still drinking the water but I have been abit naughty mainly comfort food this week as feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday I polished off a tub of chocolate ice cream! :eek: that was all I had all day that was all I fancied. And how guilty did I feel last night....VERY! But that was the last of anything unhealthy in the house. The fridge is full of salad, veg, fish & chicken. There is a loaf of wholemeal bread in the cupboard....hate it so won't be eating that! but the kids love it! no biscuits. Half fat cheese, eggs, semi-skimmed milk, frozen yogurt etc....No sweets at all! Boys will go out later and get their weekly ration of sweets later! But they eat the lot while watching a film on Saturday nights. So I'm watching what I eat and following no diet plan other than a healthy eating one and using a small plate. Weighed myself and had lost 4lbs since Monday!
Off for a nice soak in the bath....must remember not to get stiches wet!
Have a lovely weekend all.
Kamilla xx

Hi everyone!

Kam - Great to hear you're on the slow road to recovery. I say 'slow road' because, knowing you, you will probably want to race along that road like Jenson Button but you have to learn to listen to your body and let it repair.

You're eating healthily (excellent!) which will help heal your physical body but the chocolate ice-cream will go towards helping to 'heal the soul' :) You need those occasional little indulgences - a bit of TLC - to pick up your spirits and return to fighting fit.

Take care of yourself mate - sending you a big hug (((Kam)))

xxx
PS
Well done on the 4lb!! :D
PPS
Check out my 'Kaizan' thread

Thank Debbie,

As ever your there to pick me up when I'm down. Your Jenson Button comment is oh so true! I hate sitting around doing nothing when I'd rather be busy. However I do know when I've over done things....yesterday I spent most of the day making the wedding favours for my friends wedding in 2 weeks, sorted out the records for Cubs, cleaning the bathroom...how do men make such a mess in there! bathed the dog and ate ice-cream! Then at 11pm went to bed with a massive headache which I woke up with. So today I'm doing what the doctor told me to do....NOTHING! Apart from catching up on my emails and getting my hair done.

Keep thinking KAIZAN!

Kamilla xxx

You do that Kam .... relax and keep thinking that whilst you're doing nothing, your body is doing SOMETHING ... it's HEALING!!

Little by little under the ethos of Kaizan, you'll feel better and better and you'll be up and about much sooner than if you go at it like a bull at a gate and end up knackered and even more ill that you were at the start!

Have a lovely, quiet day - you deserve it :)

Hi Wemitts,
Kam, I hope you take it really easy today and then feel tons better, it is too easy to overdo it when you are the Mum of the house.
Debbie, I read about your 2lbs lost this week - Well Done! Someone posted on here about the fact that as you get lighter a 2lb loss is much more percentage wise than when you were heavier. So you should feel really chuffed with yourself because you really are getting there!
Love

Hi Barb - great to see you: thought you'd done a runner!! ;)

I also had the same thought as Chicken on a Mission (who mentioned the percentage thing) ... if you have 10st to lose and lose a stone, then you've lost 10% of your excess fat. But if you are 2st overweight and lose a stone then you've lost 50% of your excess fat. It's so true and every pound I lose now makes more of a difference than it did at the start :D

Funny thing happened yesterday (day after my weigh-in). I took the dog for a good long walk along the Bay and as I was striding out (because I can now!! ;) ) something felt 'different'. I couldn't put my finger on it - but it didn't feel the same as when I usually went for a brisk walk.

Anyway, I've sussed out what it was .... I've lost some fat from my inner thighs and they weren't rubbing furiously against each other - in fact, they are barely touching at all! So it was the lack of friction I was experiencing and THAT'S where my 2lb must have gone from this week!! :)

How are things with you Barb? You know, I'm so glad I 'poached' you from 'the other forum' because you're so encouraging to everyone and a real motivator! It was a great day when you joined Minimins!!

Sending hugs your way :p

Debbie
I know exactly what you mean about the inner thighs. Even last year mine were red raw and stinging but not this year.

Kam
So pleased you are on the road to recovery but remember to take it easy. Great weight loss too

Irene xx

Oh thanks Debbie, you are lovely. Lets start a mutual appreciation society, hee hee. I am doing fine, the weight is gradually going down and I was very excited to buy a pretty top in sainsburys this week which a few months ago would not have been possible. It is still a size 22 but it is very fitted and I know I look a lot slimmer than I did. Having a bit of a naughty weekend though, out for a quiet indian last night that turned into a wild night, not home till 2.30am! Nasty hangover today and worryingly a party to go to tonight. Oh well, I can dance some calories off can't I?
Love and hugs

Look after yourself, Kam.
I have been to a get together at a pub, to celebrate the first year in business of my former Lighter Life Counsellor. There were a lot of people there, but only one lady that I recognised, who started at the same time as me, Jan 4th. We have lost almost an identical amount of weight, but, of course, it has cost me hundreds of pounds less.
I won a raffle and now have a £25 voucher for aromatherapy, hot stone therapy or reiki. A pleasant afternoon - lots of sparkling water! A lot of people ate the buffet, I tried some steamed fish but it wasn't nice, so I left it. I don't think me and fish are ever going to get on!! and if I'm going to eat some of my precious daily allowance, it's going to be something NICE!!
I wore my jeans with diamonds on the bum, and a thin khaki indian top I bought on holiday. I also couldn't resist wearing my new shoes! (my mother's voice inside my head saying - "only tarts wear high heels with trousers!!") I felt good, and received quite a few complements. (blush)
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Ann xxx

Ann, Trinny and Susannah would say that heels and trousers elongate the leg!! Switch off your mother's voice!! Funnily enough though your comment about your mothers voice struck a chord with me because she would say things like that and make me feel guilty or tarty. LL taught me a lot about how I interacted and responded to other people's issues and ideas. Thanks for reminding me.... :) :) :)

My mum had other "mantras"!
Nice girls don't ......
chew gum
walk in the street with their coats not fastened up.
go in pubs at lunchtime
smoke in the street ( but it was OK indoors!)
wear eyeshadow
etc.etc.etc. Anyone else got any "mother's wisdom" still inside their heads??
Ann x

Thanks Ann, I'm being very good and resting loads. In fact I'm having a total slob out day tomorrow and staying in bed all day! Andy is sorting the kids so I can get some rest.....watch this space!
Your outfit sounds great Ann....pics?
As for Mothers Mantras......none from my Mum as totally on the same wavelenght but I do remember my late gran saying to me in front of my first serious boyfriend how we should make sure we don't lie on wet grass! and use a french letter! :eek::eek::eek: Oh and she even knitted him a w*lly warmer!:eek: I also remember her saying the same as your Mum nice girls don't smoke in the street! why I'll never know since I've never smoked!!

Last edited:
Ye Gods Kam! Why has no-one else commented on the W***y warmer?! What was she thinking?

Ann - have to admit, apart from never smoking, I have often done ALL of the others! Being only 5'2 half the time I HAVE to wear heels with trousers to stop me looking tiny & to stop them getting dirty at the bottom! Only got little 27" legs!

Love xxx

Back