General: W/c 4th September

They were on my mum's list as well!
Ann x

Hi everyone
Just thought I'd pop in before bed to tell you about my day. The weather was so nice that we decided to take Liz & Sophie to the funfair at Hayling Island: my sis and her hubby & kids came too.

Well wemitts .... I went on the dodgems (and I let my 10 year old drive: how brave is THAT?) and then I went on the mini rollercoaster with her TWICE - although I have to say it wasn't so bloomin' 'mini' when I got to the top! I was a bit worried because it had metal bars that come down automatically across your middle and I wasnt sure if I'd fit but there was no problem. After that, I went on the big pirate ship that swings back and forth (another ride with a metal bar that locks you in). I went on that twice too ... the second time I went to the back where you get a higher ride! What a daredevil!!
(Next time, I might even consider the more extreme rides!)

My life is transforming so dramatically and I'm taking on new challenges almost daily. I'm so different from the woman who, in the past, just sat and watched everyone else have fun whilst holding all the coats ... the woman who couldn't walk very far because of back and hip pain and the woman who smiled at everyone and cried inside.

To any wemitts who are struggling (or perhaps have just started this journey) then please, please, please stick with it because the rewards that are coming your way FAR exceed ANYTHING edible. There isn't a food on the face of the Earth that I'd exchange for the feeling I had today when I swooped through the air, arms held above my head 'extreme' style on a funfair ride.

Night all - take care and stay strong!! :)

My experience is the same as Debbie's - I've changed from an on looker on life to a "can do" person. I am so thankful to my fellow WeMitts for all their support and encouragement - not feeling alone has played a huge part in keeping my focus and determination to see this through.
I still remember vividly how it felt when I had to sit down after a couple of minutes ironing because of pain in my back, and how I couldn't change the duvet cover without getting out of breath and having to sit down.
Debbie's right, there is NOTHING you can put in your mouth that is worth it.
Ann xxx

Love your Avatar InLOKO!! :)

Aww - that's sweet of you inloko ... that pic was taken on July 10th at my exam certificate award ceremony at college. I'm a stone and a half lighter now so I'm going to have to get some updated photos posted soon.

Here's a link to my 'proress so far' pics if you'd like to see them. I've still got another 3st to go but it's a lot better than the 12st I had to lose when I was at my heaviest! :)

Public Album

I need cheering up please. I met a friend in the supermarket yesterday and I have not seen her for months and had never told her about the diet well I was waiting for her to say that I looked slimmer but she didn't. I know I've still got a long way to go at least another 5-6 stone but have lost 65 1/2 lbs but i was gutted that she didn't notice.

Irene xxl

Morning inloko
As you can see from my 'before' pic, a large proportion of my weight had accumulated on my stomach. This is as a consequence of being insulin resistant, which then led to type 2 diabetes.

The weight I'm losing is coming off everywhere pretty uniformly but this means that my stomach is STILL disproportionately bigger than everywhere else so now I just look 6 months pregnant with 1 instead of 9 months pregnant with twins!

It's quite a frustration because at either end (shoulders, boobs, hips & thighs) I could fit into a size 14 but my tummy keeps me several sizes bigger (18/20) just to accomodate it. Consequently, my clothes are baggy around my extremities in order to fit around the middle. Grrrr!! :mad:

I wish I could just order the ketones to concentrate on my belly for a few weeks to even me up a bit!
As for loose skin .... I'm afraid that's going to be a major problem with me. Already, my tummy has taken on the appearance of a prize winning Sharpei and as it was the only thing offering my boobs support, they too are travelling south as it shrinks. So my whole middle section now looks like a big melted candle!! :eek: Hey ho - such is life!

However, to keep things in perspective, it's MUCH easier concealing loose skin and saggy bits under clothes than 12st of excess fat. In the end though, if finances allow, I think I'm going to end up having a tummy tuck and boob lift.

Glad you liked the pics ... looking forward to seeing your 'works in progress' photos!

Hi Irene
Lets think about this .... you have lost 65.5lb. Think about one of those huge 56lb bag of spuds - the size of it - it's bulk (plus I know I couldn't even lift it).

You have lost MORE than that ... it's utterly IMPOSSIBLE that your weight loss doesn't show - a LOT!!

Problem is, you know what we Brits are like - if you don't know someone has been dieting and see them suddenly looking thinner, you might be a bit nervous of mentioning it in case they're ill. It was more than likely a case of your friend just being 'polite' in case she dropped a clanger!

Did you mention your weight loss to her? Why not start shouting your achievement from the rooftops!! If she asked you what you've been up to and you'd said to her "Oh yes, I decided to lose weight and improve my health" her response would probably have been "You know, I THOUGHT you'd lost a lot of weight but didn't like to say!"

Start crowing from the fence-post Irene!! You've achieved such a lot: let the world know about it! :D

As usual, I agree with Debbie. TELL people how happy you are to be losing weight, smile a lot, as if you've got a wonderful secret!
You don't need the approval of others, Irene. If you get it, it's nice, but if not that's their problem, not yours. Perhaps your friend DID notice, but didn't know what to say. Anyway, it doesn't matter. You are not ALLOWED to be "gutted", because one person did not express what you wanted them to, I won't let you, and the WeMitts won't let you. Gutted, you are NOT. Disappointed you are allowed to be - no more.
You are a wonderful person, and doing so well - keep it up, we're proud of you.
Ann xxx

Back