General WeMitt thread w/c December 11th

Thanks for your messages Mrs T, Lizzie & Ann...Well I've broken my scaphoid bone in my hand/wrist and have managed to stay in a splint! But was warned to take it easy or will have to go into plaster. Pain is still bad but painkillers kicked in now.
Not long in and haven't had anything to 'eat' yet so must have my shake before I attack all the carbs in the cupboard!
Thanks again.
X

P. S Ann...WOW your son has done fab! I'm coming back as a man next time too!!

EEEWWWW CARBADDICT! the sounds bl**dy sore! make sure take it easy. get someone else to do all the wrapping/writing of cards/cleaning/ironing/everything! *tut* the things people will do to get out of housework! take care xx

Last edited:
Ahh but Lizzie I'm all done!!! cards have been sent! presents all brought and wrapped! Now I can sit back and relax...yeah right!! Still have to do everything I normally do no chance of me relaxing :(.
Mrs T...love your decorations.

X

Gosh - I haven't even got the decs out of the downstairs loft yet! Just can't get festive yet.. maybe when my daughter comes home from uni on Monday... ho hum.. off to wrap prezzies now whilst sitting in bed. :D xx funny day, but a happy one. Amazed at my weigh in too! Looking forward to going shopping with Mich on Saturday! lol Bet we talk more than shop! ;) Hope that wrist of yours is improving carby! x

Looking forward to going shopping with Mich on Saturday! lol Bet we talk more than shop! ;)

Mmmmm I don't know what you mean.....I'm shy and retiring me......I don't talk much......tee hee;)

I am going to take you to shops to try on smaller clothes because I so know you will be fitting into them......:D

Hi WeMitts *waves at you all* I don't drop in often but hi, hi, hi to one and all.

Mrs T - I remember reading your v first post on DH and it was heartbreaking....you have come so far, done so well and I know this time next year you will be sassying along in your size 10's too...:D (love your deccys too....oh and the fire place....its luverly....:) )

Ann - your boy is a very lucky boy 34lbs in 3 weeks....wow way to go.....must be the love of a good CDC.....;)

Love

aaaw Mich, thankyou hun. You know what, I often go back and read my first few posts on DH and feel absolutely blessed to have found all you guys I don't think I'd have been seeing too many more Christmases if I hadn't started the diet!

Hope you lovely ladies have a wonderful shopping trip!

xx

Hi everyone
Sorry I haven't been around lately but I was busy with my head in umpteen English grammar books for my exam, which was supposed to be yesterday ...

I say 'supposed' because the night before, I started getting griping pains in my stomach and in the early hours, I developed the stomach bug from hell! I was rushing to the loo literaly every 15 minutes ALL NIGHT and by 7am I was utterly and totaly shattered.

I was pretty distraught too as I couldn't see how I could drive all the way to Uni and sit in an exam for 2 hours in that state. Anyway, I rang them and they said not to panic: I could miss the exam, fill out a 'mitigating circumstances' form and provided I could get back-up from my GPs practice, I could sit it in May. So I went to see the nurse later that morning: hopefully, the note from her and the fact my visit was logged onto the system will suffice.

I'm feeling a bit better today (typical!). The only positive aspect might be that I'll have lost a couple of the pounds I've undoubtedly gained due to my pigging out in the days preceeding the exam. I've discovered, to my dismay, that I'm still as much of an emotional eater as ever :(

I'm glad to see everyone is hanging on as best they can ... the fact we're all still posting shows that we're holding on: I don't know about you, but I know when I've 'given up' when I hide myself away and ignore the world - just me and my chatter-boxes!

I'm not really dieting at all (except, maybe, that I'm not eating anything greasy or hugely carby). I've been a regular 'Mrs Nibbly McNibble' though ... I can't seem to eat loads in one go but boy can I make up for it during the course of a day! I've made an appointment to go back to my CDCs on Jan 8th though when I'll face the music, take the consequences of Christmas on the chin and continue my journey to the end (when the hardest part of my journey will BEGIN - maintenance!)

I think we're going to be putting the decs up soon - I haven't felt very festive to be honest: I've had too much else going on to be concerned with baubles and tinsel. (just call me Scrooge!! lol)

In true 'Debbie' form, I've made things even more stressful as I decided the other day that this would be a good time to have a huge clear-out of my craft supplies and stick them on Ebay. So now I'm surrounded by 100 tons of card-stock, paper, rubber stamps etc etc ... my room looks like an explosion in Hobbycraft!! Why do I do it to myself??? :confused:

Right, well I'm off to pack some clothes I just sold on Ebay - have a great day everyone!

PS
Carb Addict: ouch!! I knew someone who broke their scaphoid bone ... apparently it's one of the smallest bones but one of the most painful if broken! Hope it feels better soon.
PPS
Ann - darned men and their bigger muscle mass = weight loss!! Grrrrr!! (well done to him though! :) )

Oh Debbie - such terrible luck about the tummy bug! They really pick their moments don't they.

And Carbaddict - that must be really painful. I'm lucky, I've reached 28 with never a break or a fracture!

I'm soooooo not dieting at the moment but am holding my weight at under 11,7 so still 3 stone down on last year. Have decided to put a bit more effort in in January to try & get to that elusive 9 stone. Am waiting desperately for my Spanish exam result which is due by the 15th. Need to get 70% or more so am hoping that my memorised oral may have done the trick as my exam writtenwork was rubbish. Not today, but maybe tomorrow. IF I can get more than 70% in Spanish exam, a grade 2 or 3 (2:1 or 2:2) in Maths & then a Distinction in Accounting I will get a First. If I don't get the Distinction or less than 70% or a grade 4 then I will get a 2:1 or a 2:2 depending on how bad my other marks are. I WOULD LOVE to get a FIRST but that's still nearly two years off. Maths starts in January & Accountancy starts in October.

Won't be around later. We're putting up our tree & inside decs tonight.
Love to all xxx

Debbie and Anja - Ir's so nice to see you posting again. I'm in much the same place diet wise, and finding this maintenance lark (as everyone said it would be!!) REALLY difficult. I'm hanging in there, but spend most evenings with the hungry monsters inside my ahead demanding to be fed - just HOW do you shut them up??? Makes no difference what, or when I eat in the day, how much water I drink or what excercise I take, come darkness hours the chatterboxes are on overtime.
Debbie, what is your e bay username - I'll take a look at your stuff on e bay? Shame about the exam, but you know my outlook on life "que sera" and "what's for you won't go by you" .......... any news on the job by the way??
Well done everyone who is sticking to SS - you keep the "comfort blanket" of ketosis wrapped tight around you, and you'll be fine.
Ann xxx

Hi Ann
My ebay ID is wizzywig_62. I've only listed a small fraction of what I'm getting rid of: I just don't have the time for crafting in the way I used to. I'm not getting rid of everything ... I'll still do some card-making and scrapbooking when I can but I have serious amounts of stuff and I just don't need it all!

I decided I'd bundle it up into 'lots' rather than sit for hours and hours listing individual packets of cards / stickers / rubber stamps etc. Plus, Ebay with it's extortionate listing / FV fees make it not worthwhile listing anything under several quid anyway.

It's going to take me a while to plough through it all but I knew it had to be done at some point: the amount of baskets, boxes, folders and drawers full of craft supplies is getting beyond a joke (poor Steve - he's so patient with me and my little foibles!!)

Then I've got to start on our 'out of hand' CD collection!! :eek:

SO HOW IS EVERYONE ?

Hi I am here ...hee hee !
Well I was very tempted earlier but now Im on here i feel fine, me and my bottle of water lol.

So karen wants to hold a challenge has anyone else come up with any good ideas yet ?

Sonkie

Im fine sonkie.

I was really tempted earlier as well. I have been out and bought all the xmas food including all the crisps and nuts (my weaknesses). I was wanting so so badly to cheat but I just got myself home asap and had a mushroom soup as soon as i got in.

then made pizza for the kids. when i dished it up i went straight upstairs and had a bath while the kids ate.

but other than that, like i said, Im fine lol.

Goodo my 2 hav school dinners now and dh makes them a sandwich for tea so im lucky in that I havnt got to prepare tea. it seems to be boredom getting to me so im on here when I feel like that.

not long until ur weigh in how you feeling

SONKIE

yeah kev has agreed to do shopping and cooking but hes working noon til 8pm this week so I have little choice :(

Thanks Irene! And I forgot to say ... well done for getting into a size 20 - feels great when you see the evidence of all your hard work doesn't it! :)

And Anja ... good luck with those results! You're such a smart cookie though - I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours! :D

Wow you in a size 20 Irene! way to go!!!!

Debbie - really hope you are fighting fit again soon and not to worry about exam.. :)

Worries me to read that maintenance is so tough but I shall put it out of my mind until (God willing) I get there!

Having a great week now and looking forward to the shopping trip (don't agree on the clothes thingy though.. lol).. got me a new bra today and love it! lol For the first time in my life I had a proper fitting and boy what a difference it is! Will be a shame to let 'em loose! lol

Night all - off to wrap prezzies! xx

Anja, good luck hun (I bet you'll have done fine) xx

FFnF lol I did laugh at that comment about it being a shame to let them loose what're you like eh!

Deb sorry you've been poorly, hope you get to do your exams over with no probs xx

Hello WeMitts.
We seem to have gone quiet at the moment - where is everyone??? Our WeMitt forum seems to have loads of threads at the moment, and I am a bit concerned that we are losing the ethos of our tight knit, supportive, group.
What do others think?
Was it better before with just the one WeMitt thread???
Ann x

Back