General WeMitt thread w/c December 11th

send me positive vibes sonkie!! im feeling so fed up with cd, think its just time of year tho. i could eat for scotland! confused as to whether its best to stay with cd or try wwatchers (i know cd will be faster but i keep thinking ww will be healthier in the long run????) went round asda the other night with the intention of buying something 'nice' for my dinner but i couldnt bring myself to buy anything as it was all cr*p i wouldve eaten before. kept picking things up and checking the labels and i was amazed at the amount of cals and fat i used to shove down my throat without even thinking about it. no wonder i am the size i am. anyway it was a wee eye opener. in the end i treated myself to some cottage cheese (im on 1000cals so can have this as part of my meal per day) i never in a million years wouldve 'treated' myself to cottage cheese!! i really dont wantto be seeing food as treats tho, even healthy things. keep asking hubby what he thinks i should do as im really really in two minds. hes not much help tho as he really doesnt know where im comig from (being a bag tall skinny malinky!) anyway, off to work now, *biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig SIGH*

Hi Lizzie. Whatver you decide to do, we'll be there to support you. I don't think it's something anyone can advise you on - you just have to listen to that voice inside your head, which truly knows how you feel, and will guide you to do what is best FOR YOU if you listen carefully.
Put your mind at rest on one point though - Cambridge IS healthy. I have never felt better in my life, ( and I'm "mature" now!!) and I've lost 11 stone with CD. I'm also doing well with the maintenance - it is actually getting easier.
Ann x

Hi
Just a quickie as I've just got back from my trip to yorkshire.

Ann - Have a FAB Christmas in Spain: keep in touch and enjoy all that sunshine!

Sonkie - Keep up the fab work - you're doing so well to keep motivated at this time of year ... hats off to you!

Lizzie - Only you can make the decision about WW Vs CD. I can only speak from expreience that, with a lot of weight to lose, I couldn't have done it half a pound at a time (and let's face it, that's usually what happens on WW, SW, RC etc) There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with losing weight slowly IF YOU CAN KEEP IT UP for the umpteen months / years that it takes ... tha problem with me is that I needed quicker results than that before my motivation ran out.

I'm currently not on ANY diet (although I'm still 3st from goal) and am eating like a P-I-G but I've already booked an appointment to see my CDC and restart SSing on Jan 8th :)

As I said though - only YOU can truly know how you want this journey to go: if you have the fortitude to take it slowly and steadily for a longer period then go the WW route - if you KNOW in your heart that you'll lose your 'oomph' after 6 months then bite the bullet and take the CD route.

I had a great weekend meeting my old buddies up North ... there were quite a few jaws dropping as I was nearly 20st the last time they saw me.

I'll elaborate more when I have the time ... I haven't even unpacked yet! (came on here first - priorities and all that!! lol)

Oh - before I forget ... I had a message from Kamiknix asking me to say 'Hi' to all her wemitt buddies: I'm sure you'll all want to join me in sending a big wemitt wave and a festive hug back to her! :)

Catch you all later

xx

Lizzie you must choose to do what is best for you, if people tell you what to do you will not stick to it, we are behind you whatever you decide.

Sonkie

Ann - I wish you a wonderful first slim Christmas and an even Happier New Year.....have a wonderful time in Spain you lucky thing.....:)

RD - I think alot of us will be 'restarting' or 'continuing' on the 8 January....I am at the moment aiming for damage limitation until the new year although failing a bit:eek: I am off to the Newcastle meet on the 5/6 and the Monday after that is the 8th.....I will then be back on sole sourcing to get the rest of my weight off.....it was 2 stone but is now nearer 41/2 with my gain since my holidays:rolleyes:

Love

The important thing Mich is that we're not 'giving up' and so there is absolutely no 'failure' involved ... we are simply making our way to our goals the best way we can and WILL get there no matter what - slip-ups, side-tracks, blips ... call them what you like but they won't stop us from ultimately getting to where we want to be. :)

Jan 8th ... a big day for many of us!

thanks all you great girls for your advice, im really confused still. think this is a 'sleep on it' descision. going to see how i feel tomorrow then the next day then the next. ill be back at my cdc on wed so will see what she thinks aswell. think the fact that ive lost 2lbs two weeks in a row is not helping, i was expecting to lose a lot more by now but i keep nibbling so obviously not getting the big losses. maybe ss is the way to go then i just cant eat if i dont want ot mess up. ooooooh its a tough one. going to read some diaries and browse the photos again! night all xxx

I also have had a messge from Kamiknix, asking me to wish all WeMitts a Happy Christmas & New Year.
Ann

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments that you sent to me on getting to target weight :D

I had a text from Kam too wishing me a happy Xmas, and I sent one back to her asking if she was going to the Wemitt meet in March and, if so, if she'd like to share a room with me again :)

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Ann - have a lovely time in Spain .. and keep in touch!

Debbie and Mich - great news about booking your 8th Jan appointments. You'll be back on track in no time!

Sonkie - have a fab week!

Lizzie - Well done on buying all the 'good' stuff and good luck on the 1000 cals plan :)

Mrs T and Irene - Just to say 'hi' .. love ya both!

Have a great week everyone! :D

Back