General WeMITT Thread - Week commencing 8th Jan 2007

bakerfa

Silver Member
Hi to everyone!

Hope you're all doing well.

Love Anja xxx

Hello there

Just a quick msg to say I am really spoiling myself with CD to get into ketosis. I'm going to have a 1000 calories worth today and gradually build down.

I wouldn't usually be so indulgent, but I have the most horrid virus, sore throat, head, earache etc, that I think I deserve it.

M xxx

hi everyone
today i am feeling really possitive,i've lost 5.8lbs this week & joined a healh club
long may it last !
xx:)

Hi everyone

Hoping you're all well and facing the new week positively :)

Marylyn - Sorry to hear you're not well - hope you feel better soon.

Cheryl - Well done for joining a health club: it's a great idea to tone as you shrink. It means you'll look fab in those tight size 10 jeans that are waiting in the shops for you!

Have a great week wemitts!!

hi everyone,

hope youre all having a good week so far, even if it is only monday!

ive been extremely good so far and my brain is telling me to keep going, today ive moved onto 790cals (from 1000) and seriously considering going to ss after wednesday (see my cdc on wed night so will talk with her about it) im just afraid, no, panicking that there will be no food! im such an emotional eater its really worrying me that ill cave in at the first hurdle if theres absolutley no food. just have to keep thinking its not for ever, im sure ill get my head round it eventually??!

have a great week wemitts xx

Hello there

Cheryl, very well done on your 5.8 lbs weight loss. That's great news and it is very inspiring to know that you are toning up.

This is just the sort of thing we need to hear to help us resolve to do the same. My intentions are good once this virus is over.

Debbie, lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your message, I'm working towards ketosis in the most indulgent way, but I won't get there otherwise. I do believe you need your strength to fight these viruses, so I'm not feeling guilty about having lots of CD shakes.

Lizzie, when you are trying to get into ketosis, it really helps if you can avoid food and its aromas until you are well established in the comfort zone.

Rather than eat any food it would be better to have another shake and a pint of water, rather than give into temptation.
We can resist anything but that can't we?

When I started on Lipotrim in June, I was in the fortunate position of being able to avoid the fridge and food in general, because my son went travelling and my husband did all his own cooking. Eventually, I was able to half cook something and let him finish it off and then when I was truly established on Lipotrim, I could cook anything and the ketosis thing really worked for me. Food just wasn't an issue.

If you can get yourself into this comfort zone - this is where you will feel comfortable and have successful weight loss. The really great thing about being in ketosis is that your appetite is suppressed and you will happily drink your meagre portions of CD or LT , whatever and feel perfectly happy with it. It is just the getting there that can be so hard.

Good Luck
Marylyn xx

Hi girls!
This is my third day on CD SS and I had no build up at all, just in at the deep end!
On the first day I felt really horrible, hungry all the time headache etc. I drank water when I felt hungry and ended up having 8 litres!!!
Today however I have been fine except the odd headache, and i've got more than enough reason for that except CD, and am looking forward to ketosis and watching the pounds drop off!

Hi lady f
Well done on making it this far. Ketosis is just around the corner and then it gets easier.

I many ways, I miss the security of SS ... not having to worry about food and KNOWING the weight loss result each week would be guarenteed. But I just can't get my head back into 'the zone' and am trying to complete my journey by conventional means.

I couldn't have come this far without CD though - you get such awesome results and that's what keeps you motivated. :)

I'll second Debbie there Lady f. Very well done on keeping it going. It is hard and no mistake.

Debbie, I can understand your decision. I'm giving it a try now to get back into k, because I would like to see off this last stone as quickly as possible.

I fear it may be rather long and drawn out otherwise. Gosh it took me 6 months to lose 2 and a half stone on Lipotrim and I just read yesterday someone lost 6 stone in that time.

I know we're all different and my deficit from 850 cals to 420 wasn't a huge deficit and I had 3 and a half stones to lose, but as a CDC said recently, it took its time to come off.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in March. I think it will be a definite for me, as I don't have to travel far.

Gosh it nearly 1 am, I'm hyper because I'm hungry.

Marylyn

Hi peepz......wow I m feeling sooooooooo good these last couple of days........then hubby wakes up about 2pm...(he on night shifts) omg he is mega grumpy ........so I just keep my mouth shut.
Any way Im gonna enjoy being on a high.....wahoooooooo

That's what being in Ketosis does for you Sonkie ... you often get this sense of well-being almost to the point of being on a 'high'. Fab stuff!

I doubt if I'll actually get into ketosis on the plan I'm doing so will have to just deal with any hunger (more flippin' water!! lol) but I remember well how good being 'in the zone' felt!

Well folks, here I am, back from Spain. I have had a wonderful time, and now have to shift about a stone. I'm a bit apprehensive, as so many report difficulties when trying to do SS after a break, but I need to shift this weight quickly. This is the nitty gritty for me, I've lost weight before, but always put it back on again. This is NOT going to happen this time, so it's SS starting tomorrow for me. Watch this space.......
Ann x

Hi Ann, welcome back (you have been missed) dont worry I'm willing to bet that the majority of that stone will be glycogen and will be gone within 2 weeks!
Hope you had a lovely time in spain.

xx

Welcome back Ann - I'm sure you'll be fine SSIng ... if ANYONE can do it, you can!

As Mrs T said, you'll probably shift a stone in two weeks flat so no long term damage done there.

Good to see you back! :)

Change of plan folks. I have made an appointment to see my CDC next Tuesday, as I just CANNOT get on the scales. I know it's pathetic, but there you are. This is what has always happened in the past - me refusing to face up to things, and before you know it, ALL the weight is back again. Anyway, the appointment is made, and I WILL go. Until then, will increase water to 4 lt. per day, and have packs for breakfast and luch, with a low carb dinner. In a way, it's nice to have a structure to my eating again - all that choice is NOT good for me.
Ann x

I know how you feel about choice. You are in the early days of maintenance so don't worry about going to the cdc for a weigh in - you will learn to manage this in your own way and it will take time. That said the 1 stone will be off quick!!!

Change of plan folks. I have made an appointment to see my CDC next Tuesday, as I just CANNOT get on the scales. I know it's pathetic, but there you are. This is what has always happened in the past - me refusing to face up to things, and before you know it, ALL the weight is back again. Anyway, the appointment is made, and I WILL go. Until then, will increase water to 4 lt. per day, and have packs for breakfast and luch, with a low carb dinner. In a way, it's nice to have a structure to my eating again - all that choice is NOT good for me.
Ann x

Oh Ann, I can identify with you not wanting to see the damage done in all its horrible cold reality. I went haywire over Christmas and couldn't face the scales. I just knew I'd done some major damage as I couldn't fit into most of my clothes.

On the 2nd Jan, I ate healthily for a week (was due to see CDC on the 8th). At the end of the healthy eating week, I was 13st 13lb and I probably LOST weight to get there. Goodness knows what weight I actually gained in total.
Two days later I gained another 3lb despite the healthy eating and was 14st 2lb. It was a body blow that I found it hard to come back from. I had been 12st 7lb at the beginning of December and I thought I'd seen the back of the 'teens' forever. Now I was creeping up again pound by pound.

Anyway, after a failed attempt at SSing (making me feel even more cr*p) and then deciding to abandon CD altogether and take a conventional route, I went into total meltdown - my head was a mess.

After a chat with my CDC I decided to give CD 1000 a go (2 packs and a meal as you know). I started on Wednesday morning and have lost half a stone so far. I still have 16lb to go to rectify the Christmas damage but at least I'm trundling along the track again.

This is an ongoing 'forever' journey Ann - we're right beside you fighting the same fight. Together we'll all get there xx

Oh Debbie, thank you for that post. We are really at the sharp edge, cliff face, the nitty gritty, call it what you like, but this is where the battle for weight control is waged. It's true what they say, that after the first week or two, SS is relatively easy - at least that was my experience, but since I've started eating again (5 months now) I have found it much harder. To be fair though, I am proud of the fact that I have been eating since August, and even with this Christmas weight gain, I am the same weight (I think!) as I was then. I think alcohol plays a large part in my weight gain, I'm afraid I like it too much and I've stopped now - although towards the end of my time in Spain I had developed a taste for the fig cake they do over there, and for chocolate. On the last day, I walked from the house into town (about an hour there and an hour back) just for some fig cake - how sad is that!!! Good job they don't sell it here.
I think I'm just so very scared about weight gain, having "been there" so often in the past. The answer, I am sure, is to face up to it - I have never done this before.
I would love to feel "in control" again - I'm not there yet.
We'll hang in there together Debbie. Do you know, I was thinking of not coming to Portsmouth because I've put weight on, and I KNOW how stupid that kind of thinking is, but I'm sure you can identify with it.
Ann xxx

Lovely to see you back Ann and great to hear that you had a brill holiday in Spain.

You have marvelous discipline and any gain you will have off in no time at all.

Love Mini xxx

Back