Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

Glad you are still around Gerry !!

hope you've had a wonderful christmas with your grandson and the rest of the family, and look forward to chatting more in the new year

Hi, well done on your great losses so far :)

What supplements do you take? I was thinking of taking alli when I restart but don't know if WW is low fat enough to not get the icky side effects. I'm guessing from you saying you took them while indulging they don't have that problem?

Hi Elegant, welcome to my humble internet abode!

I take 1 x Forever Lean and 2 x Forever Garcinia before every meal. These are diet supplements and are designed to be used along with a healthy diet. I don't have any side effects whatsoever. If you want more info on them or would like to know where to get them just pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Gerry

They aid the loss. They attach a % of the fat I consume and stop it getting into the body. Here's a video on Forever Lean. Unfortunately I cant find an English version of the Garcinia Plus video but I'll look into that. Any other questions, just pm me Jane.

Hi Gerry, hope you had a great xmas with the family and just want to congratulate you on your further loss....well done you!!!

Hope you have a fab new year when it comes round and here's to a healthy & skinny 2010 for one and all on Minimins!!!! lol....x

Just popping by to Wish You A Very Happy New Year :)

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the messages and well wishing over the festive period.

So, here it is.... 2010! What a great start it was for me. Yesterday I visitied my sister who had invited all the family round to celebrate NYD together. Some of them hadn't seen me since I started my new lifestyle and were gobsmacked to see I had lost a bit of weight. The day was full of comments on how well I was looking and how pleased they were for me - a real confidence booster for me and enough motivation to drive me into 2010 with a renewed passion to achieve my goals.

Talking of goals, I have wiped the slate clean on my user details and thought long and hard about my new goals. I have set them so they will keep me on track for the things I want to achieve throughout this new year. I made a statement yesterday that I simply must keep. That by Xmas 2010 I will be lighter than my Dad!! He is almost 70 and weighs about 13 stone right now, so unless he loses a lot I should be able to back my statement up, otherwise from October I'll be visiting him every day with cream cakes and chinese takeaways!

Over the festive period I have managed to gain 1lb which I am delighted about because I enjoyed myself over the few days and ate more than I normally would but always had my diet at the back of my mind, for example on Christmas day whilst everyone was digging in to trifle, christmas pudding and the like, the missus (who has now lost 2 stone herself!) and me had trifle made with low fat custard, low fat jelly & low fat cream, and you know what.... it tasted delicious!! Of course before everything I took my usual supplements to try to keep down the damage limitation, and it worked!

Other things that I have changed for the new year is the fact that my wii now lives in the cinema room where I have more room to manouvre and the wii is up on the 7ft screen with surround sound!! If nothing else it will be more enjoyable doing my exercises :) It also means that the board can be out all the time, as previously it was in the living room which always had to be kept tidy apparently :rolleyes: I have also started using the PS3 for accessing youtube and now play my three favourite dance routines (??) on the big screen which are Agadoo, The Hokey Cokey and Superman, all by Black Lace. These are great for light exercise and a fun way to do it as it doesn't really feel like exercising. I make sure no-one can see me whilst I'm doing it cos all the moves are over exaggerated to enahnce the effect and I would die off with embarrassment if anyone was to see me, usually in my boxer shorts, strutting my stuff so to speak :D

Also, I am going to the leisure centre today to enquire about membership for swimming, and me and her indoors are going to try to swim at least 3 times a week, probably before work when it aint so busy and we wont feel as embarrassed in front of pensionerss! :cry:

So all in all, I am full of beans and as ready as ever to attack this excess fat that I have accumulated over the past 20 years and finally say farewell to 'Fat Gerry' and introduce to all my friends the new Gerry for 2010, the Gerry who is already feeling more confident and liking life a lot more these days.

To all my closer friends on here... thanks for the motivation, the craic and the friendships on here since I started, you know who you are! Please continue to keep me motivated through out 2010 and beyond!

Let me also take this opportunity to wish everyone on here a really happy new year and I sincerely hope that you all achieve everything that you set out to do throughout this wonderful new year. Let this be our year, let this be the year that changes our lives and makes us all more proud of who we are and what we have become... come on, be proud to be a LOSER! I certainly am!

What a lovely post Gerry. Happy new year to you !!

i have restarted today and am hoping to join you at being a loser soon. will be getting my wiifit out again too, tho i am fully expecting it to say "where the hell have you been, thought you were dead " its been so long since i used it LOL. i am pretty much back where i started but am trying not to look at it like that-fresh new start and all that !!

You are sounding so motivated and it was great that your family noticed and were complimntary-really helps along the way doesnt it ?

Good luck for 2010,diet and otherwise !!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that today I made the decison to rid the house of all Christmas fayre, that stuff is just too damn tempting :(

Sorry for the continuous posting on my own diary but... also forgot to mention that Daddy Christmas left me an Actifry for Christmas too. So the second attempt at chips was definitely better then the first attempt where I just left the oil in the little measuring spoon while cooking thinking it somehow evaporated into the chips - resulting in very hard crispy inedible excuses for chips! Second time round was much better.

Anyhow, anyone else out there got an Actifry and if so what foods do you cook in yours? I don't want to use mine as just a glorified chip pan as I have quite gone off chips these days.

Gerry.....glad you had a great time and got plenty of recognition for the hard work and great effort you have put in.

I'm sure you'll get to your goal this year if you stay as motivated as you are now!!

x

Hi Gerry!

Sorry I haven't posted on here before, but I took a break from WW for a few weeks due to ... well wanting to have a break lol

You've been doing brilliantly so far (how condescending does that sound lol?)

I'm back on the Wagon from Monday and can't wait to start :) My christmas fayre is almost all gone, but I seem to be eating it all instead of throwing it out lol

Anyway - nice to 'meet' you :)

Twigs
xx

Oh, I'm so jealous! I really want an actifry, but they're really expensive. My boyfriend's mum has one and she says they make lovely roast potatoes. Does it come with a little recipe book? I remember someone on minis saying they once fried an egg on it as it's so non stick.

Have been drawn to your diary by the overwhelming air of positivity in all of your posts Gerry! Just wanted to say "hi, well done so far, and good luck with the rest of it :D". Have just caught up with your diary....what a star your boss is! (As you can tell from my avatar, I'd have gone for the Anfield trip personally, though having said that I may have gone for the penthouse as I'm usually to be found screaming my head off on the Kop anyway :rotflmao:)

Looking forward to keeping track of your progress, LOSER :D

Gerry here here on the year ahead and slimmer versions of ourselves!

xx

Sorry for my absenteeism lately but have had a few family problems with my daughter but hopefully everything is sorted out now.

Regarding my journey, well it seems that the festive period took it's toll on me after all as my weight has been up and down like a yo-yo for the past week (I sneakily weigh myself in between weigh-ins). It hasn't disheartened me in any way and I am still as determined as ever to keep on my journey and achieve all my goals on time.

The swimming hasnt started yet as I was busy sorting out my daughter but I have made enquiries with the leisure centre and it seems they do an adult only session for an hour at 9pm each week night so the missus and me are planning doing a couple of those and maybe one 6.30am session as well. Getting started is the hardest bit and I know once we actually start, it will be easy enough from then on in.

On the food subject, I have only used the new actifry twice now and really need to start cooking more in it to justify the price. Anyone got any ideas? I have been keeping within my points although the first couple of days after new year, my body was craving for more food but I didn't give into temptation. When I am working it is easy for me to keep on track with my water intake etc and I have been back on my tomato soup for lunch and loving my roasted veg again.

So it's all good for now. Currently I am sitting at 18stone 2½lbs (originally 20 stone 9lbs) and cant wait to hit the 17s which I hope will be in the next week or so, then onwards to my 3stone off mark which will be a major milestone for me.

On the clothes front.... everything is hanging on me now, my belts are all at the last hole and if I don't wear a belt around the house my jeans actually fall off me :rolleyes:. I will have to buy some new clothes soon, definitely. It isnt so bad for work as I have updated my trousers and shirts just before Chrsitmas so I do look presentable at work (honest!) but it's when I'm at home chilling that I am suffering with clothes to fit. Usually I would just mosey around in shorts and t-shirts but it's too cold right now and I have to wrap up to keep myself warm.

I am also in the middle of a big clearout, I really must stop keeping everything! I am going to make a fortune at a car boot sale one of these weekends. Becasue of the clearout and everything being moved around I haven't been able to do any exercise at all even though I just bought some dumb bells and ankle weights to help me along with toning as well as losing.

Anyhow, now that's all off my chest, I want to say thanks to all of you who have commented since my last post and I will be back on form from now on, I promise!;)

Back