Getting back in zone, to loose for good!!

Good morning.

Well, back from my last Morning WI (back to Monday eve's next week) and lost 1lb. Did half expect it, as went out Saturday night and I know my body, once I eat something I shouldn't, the weight goes on quickly. So lesson learned there! But.. in the 7 weeks, since Joining group, now I've lost 1 stone and 1/2 lb.

So should be pleased with that and thank my lucky stars that I actually joined and done something about my weight. Really hope to loose 11lb by 4th August (WI will be on the 2nd August), so fingers crossed I get that..

So this week I'm doing Red and EE days, alternating. Managed 6500 steps by 10.15pm last night, so will keep that up now to 4 times a week of the same and change my challenge from 7000 3 times a week, to 6500 4 times a week, plus swimming 2 times a week this week too. Body Magic has got to make a difference next week as need to get 4lb off. So here goes week 8:

Day 1

Food for today - EE 10 syns
  • Brekkie - fruit pack and (SF) strawberries (after Wi, lol)
  • Snack - mini sushi pack - 1/2 syn
  • Lunch - Pasta salad (baby corn, tomatoes, cucumber (all SF) and fromage frias, 2 tbsp ex light h/mans mayo (1syn) spices and pasta
  • Snack - apple and necterine (SF) French Fries crisps (4.5)
  • Iced Latte - HEA
  • Dinner - Prawn Chow Mein, stir fry veg (sf), noodles and Prawns, lots of soy sauce, ginger and 5 spice.
  • Desert - Shapers Strawberry bar - 4.5, Alpen Bar Light (1/2 HEB) and strawberries.
Totals 10 syns

Well done on the loss Nikki :flowers:
Is the 4th August the day you go on your Jollies? thats my wedding anniversary :D
Im sure you will lose that 11lb -come on you can do it :vibes:
Hope you have a good day -and keep up the great work ;)

Well done Nikki, and you got your stone award, I'm hoping to get mine next week, do you find you lose more if you drink more (I don't mean alcohol, :cry:) good luck in getting your target by your holiday.

Well done on the loss Nikki - it's really great. Do you really find that upping the water helps with the weight loss? I know and understand the exercise and fingers crossed that you get the 6500 4 times a week as well hun *hugs* for today too

Thanks Rosie, yes.. I do think that incresing water makes a difference to your losses.Keeps your body moving if you get what I mean, lol.. Plus flushes out toxins etc.. so good for losses, skin etc.. All good :)

Hello MF, any diet as we know it.. you've got to be focussed, so maybe just cut down for now until you are ready to do something. Your head will be there soon and you'll be motivated again. I was going ot do a few days CD this week, but have changed my mind. Sticking with SW.. for the next 3 weeks and will then do a week or so on CD, if I need to. Gonna up the anti on exercise this week, going back to gym and swimming too, and walking more each day as well.

Went to GP's this morn and can go back to work tomorrow, with restrictions.. arm is still achey and swollen, but I can now type with 2 hands as long as I'm resting my left arm on the side.. So, back to the grind tomorrow and Friday.. and then off again for the weekend :). Short working week, lol.. Also spoke to my GP about my leg/hip, he is really good and used to work with joints and bones while training, so said that he could offer me steroid injections, but for now to take ibuprofen religously throughout the day and I will start to notice an improvement! So, i'm giving that a go from today.

Was gonna do Red today, as did EE yest, but still have sushi left, so going with another EE day.

Food for today, EE and 10 syns

• Brekkie-Quorn Sausage (f), mushrooms(sf) and baked beans(f), necterine(sf) and banana (sf)
  • Apple and pear (sf) alpen bar light (1/2 HEB)
  • Lunch - Small pack of sushi 1/2, salad(sf) and small omelette with ham, musrooms(sf), 22 g l/fat cheddar (1/2 HEA) and tomatoes(sf).
  • Small fruit pack (sf)
  • Dinner - Teryaki Salmon and stir fry(sf) veg with noodles:
Marinade Salmon in Soy sauce, spring onion, sweetner -overnight.

Excess marinade, put in saucepan with more soy sauce and 1tsp 5spice, and grated ginger and boil til thickened. Leave to stand. Bake salmon and fry light the stir fry and noodles in soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Serve salmon on top of noodles and pour sauce over. Yummm :)

• Desert - Small fruit pack(sf), M/light -New york cheesecake yogurt (1), Alpen Bar Light (1/2 HEB) Twix single bar (7)
Total 8 syns
Exercise today:

Last edited:
Wut? Did you mean to say me?

Is doing a week of CD going to be of any real benefit tho Nikki? Surely you would spend half of it getting into ketosis and then have to stop again shortly thereafter? And any loss you did get would just go straight back on? I would have thought something like CD has to be sustained for a lengthy period to really make a difference.

I havent ever done a VLCD (unless you count the time I spent a fortnight just drinking diet coke and eating nothing, which I do NOT recommend :8855: )so I dont know how they work but thats how I imagine things would go if you only did it as a short term fix?

Wut? Did you mean to say me?

Is doing a week of CD going to be of any real benefit tho Nikki? Surely you would spend half of it getting into ketosis and then have to stop again shortly thereafter? And any loss you did get would just go straight back on? I would have thought something like CD has to be sustained for a lengthy period to really make a difference.

I havent ever done a VLCD (unless you count the time I spent a fortnight just drinking diet coke and eating nothing, which I do NOT recommend :8855: )so I dont know how they work but thats how I imagine things would go if you only did it as a short term fix?

Lol...:8855: Meant MF.. hun, cause I'd been typing to you in our support thread, oh dear.. my head is bloody frazzled from being out of work for so long:eek:! Sorry hun.

Just saying that I had intended on doing CD for a week before going away on hols, but as am enjoying sw so much, lol.. all this food, is what keeps me here :D, So keep putting it off. But I will see ..

xx

Hi Eternal

Mmm, terriyaki salmon sounds lush. I looooove salmon!

Did you get your one stone sticky? hope so, well done! xx

Well done on your 1 stone award! If you do CD for a week, then it'll boast you. As long as you stick to mainly red and reduced carbs for the week following, plus lots and lots of water there is no reason you would put back on. I've come off CD and onto SW a couple of times now and both times, because I was so careful what I ate, I had good losses the first week of SW, not a gain.

Well done on the "sticky" nikki :happy096:

Im planning on salmon again later this week -so I might have to pinch your recipe :D...
Hope work passes quickly for you ;) and glad your arm is on the mend...
Keep up the great work Mrs -you will be shimmying all the way through your holidays...
We don't have anything planned for our anniversary yet- but Im sure we will think of something to do.... and this will be my last fat anniversary :p
have a good day hun....

Hiya hun
Glad you got the ok to head back to work :)
think I will def up my water intake this week - I usually use a pint glass anyway so will try and 4/5 of those a day
Hope you have a good day at work tomorrow and that the ache in your arm settles down and doesn't cause you any issues

Back