Getting it Done :D

Been quite a productive morning.

Made a pot of carrot and leek soup. Just need to go blend it.
I've arranged the loan of an exercise bike for a few months to see if it is worth investing in (ie would it become a clothes hanger).
Researched and ordered a fitness tracker and plan to keep tabs on all exercise so I stay on top of it. (got a cheaper one and if I make good use out of it, will get a more feature packed one next year sometime).

Now to play the waiting game. got a couple of amazon packages coming at some point today and then the tracker is coming this evening.

I'm thinking of a new tracker as well, I did have a fitbit but it's old and the battery isn't up to much anymore, I haven't been wearing it so daughter has been using it. I wasn't allowed it on when I was doing my 5 in a row nightshifts, but I could wear one more regularly now. Which one did you go for? I've got quite a small wrist so don't suit the bigger ones.

I had a treadmill years ago, it went through periods of good use, others not so much lol. I've not got room these days tho

Huawei Band 4. there are newer ones than what I got but just went with it for price (£26.99 - Argos)
Seems to be okay but fairly basic function compared to others I checked out but wasn't looking for a ton of features :)

works with android and iphone (I have a sony phone just hooks into app)

I bought an el cheapo from eBay for under a tenner, works really well - except the sleep function, I've owned four different ones, all different price points and the sleep function never works! It's an X6 but there are newer Fitbit/Apple watch copies there, for both Android or IOS.

Had a busy few days :)

Got the loan of the exercise bike (which was a cross trainer not a bike but that'll do). Been out walking with my son a couple of times.

TOTM is so desperately trying to be its best self but failing. I just need it to do its thing properly and it might actually do me some good. Fluid retention is up which once again falls within totm stuff.

So yesterdays weigh in was a joke but todays was half a pound off my best weigh in (-4 from yesterdays - all weigh ins at the same time of day - I give up). It gives me a new number on the scales so I'll take it.
Not entirely happy with it but got to consider I'm on new medications, holding fluid and been exercising I suppose.

Speaking of meds, not noticed any adverse side effects so far but do need to double up my metformin from tomorrow (Friday).

I should have a day at home day today so will fit in a walk or a go on the cross trainer later as nowhere near my 150 mins of exercise target. I have been super active this week though, out n about, which I suppose should count towards it. Maybe its not as bad as I thought lol.

Going to have a coffee and check up on you wonderful lot as I feel like its been days since I've sat down and read some threads x

cross trainers are quite good I believe, I used to like using one. TOTM is a (literal) pain :( hope it passes quickly.

Sounds to me like you're doing great, considering all the complications, try to be patient with yourself and I'm sure things are moving forwards in your body and it just isn't able to show on the scales properly because of the fluids.

It might be worth getting one of those bodyfat composition scales, if you could afford it. It would help you monitor your percentages of water and fat rather than the combined weight which is so erratic.

Agree with Chilli, you are really doing so well - just leep telling yourself, the weight will come off but as you're getting closer to your target, it might be a different type of loss, a pound here and there and then the occasional whooshie, perhaps.

But it will happen.

Really interested to hear how you get on with the cross trainer.

cross trainer is gathering dust at the moment.
Been so busy since I got it and have either gone for a walk or been non stop running about.

Got called in by nurse for my bp review (unchanged). She spent some time answering questions and gave me a bunch of info on the diabetes. Mostly I'm already eating as I should be, just got to watch for hidden sugars. While my cholesterol was okay in my bloods, its on the higher side of okay so no wiggle room to try out keto and potentially raise it.
She explained the test she requested re early menopause. That came back with results that indicate it (but cant confirm it with blood test alone). Talked more about my period patterns etc and it all fits. Had my smear done to rule that out and go from there.
ECG appointment letter arrived too. that's a couple of weeks away too.

Need to get my butt to bed, super snoozy here. Trying to stay awake a wee bit later so I'm not going to bed by 8pm and up at stupid oclock like I have been.

Tomorrow I have a day of chillaxing with no major plans or need to go out (as far as I know anyway lol). Might get to try out the crosstrainer :D

catch up on everything tomorrow 😴

sounds like they're having a good check over of everything, that's good.

Sleep well x

morning folks!

I slept so well last night!

Todays goals is to tidy up my desk / bedroom office area. Need to order a few new cables but still a bunch I can sort out today and get the new cables ordered and finish this week.

I spend so much time in my "office" which is my bedroom and for years I always had old furniture and the space was pretty depressing. Over the last year I have replaced my pc and bought all new furniture / shelving / storage / lighting etc and I am down to the fine tuning of making the space work for me.
Took me a long time to let myself buy all the stuff, as money is always tight and I was at the bottom of the pile of priority. I had a wee bit of inheritance from my nana who sadly passed away which helped to get a lot of it done (minus the pc - I had just built that after saving for 6 months for it).

Also freed up a smart plug strip so need to get creative with what I can do with it! I have a bunch of LED strips and other smart lighting around my desk and love being able to set the mood via alexa commands and buttons but it all needs an overhaul and probs some new commands added.
Also need to repurpose an amazon smartplug that I have and get it all renamed and put on my slow cooker. Love cooking with it but want to be able to auto shut it off so I can pop it on and go to bed without worrying about it.

so yeah, a tech day for me and will try and get on the crosstrainer if I don't break myself doing the other stuff :')

Sounds fab! For a long time I was making do with all my home business stuff as well, I've had a real splurge this year too - we need to invest in ourselves sometimes. You're worth it!

• Love
Reactions: GLL
Really signing off this time and getting stuff done (although I have tidied up my desk while I have been here haha)

2 1/2 lb down....I repeat 2 1/2 lb down (and no the scales aren't broken, I weighed twice LOL)

not saying its not going to bounce back up but I SAW IT SO ITS MINE :rotflmao:

...aaaand the -2.5lbs its back on for official weigh day :banghead:

Going to change my starting weight to my "restarting weight from august" so I can track "% lost" better (doctors are obsessive about me loosing 5% it seems.)
*edit - changed and I'm at 10% lost...

I'd just log the lowest weight you've had in any week, you can't control the fluidy days

well done for losing 10% :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Back