Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Hi, just found this post on the forum posted by member `sweet cheeks' hope this helps :-

Hi, guys
I have just made the most delicious syn free pancakes :drool: and they are sooo easy to make All you need is:
1 Egg per pancake
2-3 Teaspoons sweetener (depending on own taste)
3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence then fold the yolk into the egg white
Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake) And then Hey presto scrummy syn free pancakes

All you need to do is add some strawberries or banana whatever takes ya fancy

Believe me they are gorgeous ive just made one for my partner and he loved it xx

Ooo I'll try that, would it work with stew though as I'm planning on making them for Tuesday :D

Success Express

I've had quite a successful day I think, especially compared to yesterday :)

B- apple, banana and alpen light 1/2 hex b. ( did defrost some frozen berries and cut a kiwi into it but it tasted disgusting and very sour, so I couldn't eat that bit)

L- salad, lettuce, white cabbage, carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, 2x babybel light (2/3 hex a) and I had a warm bread roll on the side ( hex b) with flora (1.5 syns).

D- 2 slices gammon, new potatoes, green beans, mangetout, carrot, broccoli, roasted parsnips and leeks in a cream sauce (Kerry's low low spread cheese, 2/3 hex a) gravy (2 syns)

think for pudding I might have some grapes and then later as a treat I might have some biscuit moments :), hope this saves my weightloss bum this week. Might try to do it once a week if its convenient, as a bit of a boost. X

Porridge pancakes are the way to go!!

Seriously they are amazing and I swear by them as a breakfast treat! The vanilla yogurt makes it taste exactly like an american scotch pancake.

Emma, I normally find weekends ok, we've had a few quiet weeks, and in general we've been a lot better with takeaways, we used to have one normally at least once a week. Hmmm Indian. Lol.

And becca, hubby is at the shop as we speak because I forgot to order porridge oats. :) I am quite excited for them. :) hope hubby likes them, I always feel bad when I make healthy alternatives and he's not sure. I've bought some lemon but think I might have to have some Nutella or maybe a melted freddo on one if them. X

18 syns!!! Whoops! Worth it to have my curly wurly :)

So today has not been too bad, bit high on syns but oh well, it's not like I do it all the time. Might have Wednesday as a success express again if I feel I need it.

B- kiwi, strawberries, grapes, yoghurt, alpen light bar (3 syns)

L- vegetable spaghetti, courgette, mushroom, onion, cherry tomatoes and chopped tomatoes. 20g low fat cheese (1/2 hex a), ww bread roll (hex b)

D- leek and bacon chicken Kiev (9 syns), peri peri potato wedges, peas and creamy garlic mushrooms (1/2 hex a)

S- mango chunks, curly wurly (6 syns)

we have been through the freezer and are trying to use up lots of pre SW goodies before we have to move, we've got to really start now, some of it won't be too bad ( meat from the butchers), but some won't be great. Potato waffles, hash browns, samosas. Lol.
Oh well, ill enjoy eating them :)

im looking forward to pancakes tomorrow night, not sure what to eat first tho, don't want anything too big. Maybe ill have a green day? Fruit and yoghurt for brekkie, left over veggie spaghetti for lunch, then small jacket potato with spaghetti hoops, followed by pancakes. Nom nom. Then I can have extra pancakes and cheese if I want it. Hmmm might be a plan.

Anybody got anything special planned for their pancakes? X

I love pancake day!

:lemon:I have had a reasonable day :)

B- half a grapefruit, slice of melon and then strawberries, kiwi and grapes cut up together, followed by a yoghurt.

L- left over vegetable spaghetti with some cheese

D- small baked potato and spaghetti hoops with a sprinkle of cheese

Pancakes- magic pancakes!! Yum yum! These were awesome! Me and hubby had these with fresh squeezed lemon and sweetener! Nom nom, had 2 and was super stuffed! Not even had any syns tonight, I don't want anything, it's a miracle!

made some pea and ham soup, so looking forward to eating that tomorrow!

Had an awful day at work today, my boss was a bit of a cow, all team spirit has evaporated since I've been gone. Hoping tomorrow is a better today, because I was in an hour today and was ready to go home. Was so exhausted when I got home, I had a nap. Lol.

Anybody got any recipes for like dauphinois potatoes or similar, thinking some kind of potatoes with a low low cheese sauce for valentines meal on Thursday.

Xx

Food plan for today

B- leftover magic pancakes (about 2/3 hex b), lemon and sweetener, a slice of melon, a few strawberries and a kiwi.

L- ham and pea soup, maybe with a side salad

D- fajita chicken in lettuce wraps, possibly with a bread roll. And a little pile of cheese

so I think today will be a green day so u can have a bread roll with dinner, makes a nice change from having SW chips or rice.

Just off to work :-( hope it's not too bad. X

Thanks ladies.
Soup was really easy to make, you should try it.

Left over gammon,
about 3/4 bag of frozen peas,
onion,
stock,
few sprigs of mint
I threw it all in my pressure cooker, left it for 25 mins and then blended it.

Just had it now, it was nice and filling and warming with it being so cold.

Pancakes were not as yummy morning after but still loved breakfast, and there's no way I could have time to make them fresh in the morning. X

Happy bunny, yummy yummy dinner!

Omg, you would never think I'm on a diet, my dinner was lush! And had a lovely chat with my friend who's moved away today, so I'm a happy bunny tonight.

B- magic pancakes, with lemon and sweetener, followed by melon, kiwi and strawberries

L- pea and ham soup, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes dipped in homemade tatziki, and a babybel light
Yum yum will definitely make the dip again.

D- chicken, onion, red peppers in fajita powder, with a blob of low low cream cheese in it. Lettuce acting as wraps, and a tomato, onion and basil salsa. Finished with a warm ww petit pain as my 2nd hex b. nom nom.

Im starting work at 7 tomorrow now instead of 9, so think an early night will be in order. Think I will struggle to get up in the dark again. Lol.

Tomorrow going to cook us a nice dinner for valentines day, not entirely decided on my menu tho. Lol.

Ive got mushrooms stuffed with bacon and something I think for starters, roast lamb, some kind of potatoes, asparagus and probably broccoli for main, and then I've got a slimming world recipe for an apple Betty for desert which I'm looking forward to trying out. I love apple deserts.

Has anybody else got any plans for tomorrow night?
X

Mmm I love fajitas so think ill have to try your lettuce wrap trick soon! I'm so bad for the naughty stuff though, cheese, sour cream, guacamole etc!! Really must try the low low, I've seen a few people raving about it!

Sounds like you have a delish plan for tomorrow...I haven't really thought about what me and the boyf are doing...was looking forward to my weekend away..but will have to wait a bit longer now! Will need to secretly write his card tonight though! :) I love apple desserts too...there's a recipe in this months mag for farmhouse apple puffs and they look yum!! Xxxx

I'm normally awful with the extras, but I find by adding philli or something it makes it go a bit creamy so I don't miss it so much. I have been really impressed with the low low, melts really nicely. On the foil lid it even says to try it on nachos. That would be dangerous! Lol.

Im gonna buy the new magazine tomorrow then, I can't resist apple deserts at all. Yum yum x

1 stone off! Happy happy happy

So I had a fab day yesterday. Managed an extra 2 hours at work yesterday, was exhausted but I managed it! :)

I prepped our whole meal before I went for weigh in so we had it all when I got back. Went to wi, but didn't stay this week, but I lost 2.5 lbs, which means I've reached my first stone award. I am so so happy with this! I was looking back at my ww stuff from when I did that, and I never managed to get a stone off, and I also never lost every week, so feeling great about this, and super motivated now to just keep on going! Will be so happy to get my second stone off before I move, I've probably got about 2 months, so fingers crossed!

So for dinner last night we had:
Starter- flat mushrooms stuffed with bacon, red onion, tomato and basil.
Main- lamb, cheesy potatoes, broccoli and asparagus
dessert- apple Betty from SW website

when I came to do cheesy potatoes, I didn't have enough low low spread, so I added skimmed milk and a bit of cheese to it, wasn't convinced it would work, but they were yummy. The apple Betty on the other hand, not great! Looked a bit like scrambled egg cake, tasted ok but was a bit off putting, so only had a few bites.

Not really got a plan for today, I NEED to go shopping, I've run out of meals I can make from the fridge, and out if fruit. Lol. X

WOW WOW WOW THIS IS AWESOME!!

Congrats Emma!! Must feel like such an achievement...don't you just love this diet!! Woo! Hope you enjoyed your meal last night too....even if the apple Betty's Didnt quite go as planned!

You up to much exciting this weekend? Xx

Thanks Hun, feel like I'm telling everybody and there not excited so thank you for being so excited!! :))

dinner was yummy thank you, how was your dinner?
Not any big plans for the weekend, planning to help my mum paint her house, the whole house needs doing so lots of helpers are needed. Bit of body magic for me too. How's your ankle? U got any plans after your weekend away had to be postponed? Xx

Well I think it's blooming fantastic! I'd be shouting from the rooftops if I hit my stone! I don't seem to be able to shift anything at the moment despite staying on plan hmmmph :-(

Sounds like you'll have plenty of body magic to do! Make sure you don't tire yourself out too much! I'm off for a wander round the shops (my body magic!) and lunch with mum tomorrow! Looks like mums are getting all our attention this weekend! :) good luck with the painting!! Xx

Back