Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

I sometimes feel like that, especially all the washing up from cooking fresh all the time puts me off lol do you make double portions? i find this really helps if im being lazy or feeling under the weather, you can get some take-out plastic boxes on auction sites for fairly cheap so you can make double and then put some meals in the freezer which is great when you can't be bothered, just stick in microwave and your done!

I love crisps and savoury things and really struggled giving up crisps, however pom bear crisps are only 5 syns a bag, or for a treat seabrook most are around 7 syns, you can get mini bags of hobnobs/digestives/mini jaffa cakes etc which are usually around 6 syns, and because they come in a little bag your not tempted to eat more like if you opened a packet of biscuits in which i could easily eat half a packet lol they are quite often on offer for £1 in supermarkets too, if you have a sweet tooth have you tried quark and white chocolate options mixed together? its nice and sweet and gorgeous eaten with fresh strawberries! the options is 2syns a sachet, i usually use 1/2 tub of quark to 1 sachet.

Thank you for all of that. The washing up seems never ending at the minute, ur right. Had quark before but never as something sweet, sounds yummy, might dip the mini choc dijestives in it. Lol.
Weve been using some crisps called velvet crunch I think, they're a bit like snack a jacks if u like them? And they're only 4 syns, bonus. That's really cheered me up, glad I'm not the only one who had an off day x

So the sun is shining here and it's put me in a lovely positive mood!
Had some strawberries and a vanilla yogurt for breakfast.

Did you know...... Sumo wrestlers are not allowed to eat breakfast while they're in training. Skipping breakfast helps them to put on weight!

Remembered this last night and was mad at myself I hadn't eaten breakfast yesterday. From now on need to make sure I have breakfast everyday even if its something little like today.

For lunch I think I'm going to have left over vege pasta.
Dinner will be a beef burger, couscous and salad.

Starting to run out of choices as we're using up as going away Friday. Think dinner tomorrow could be a bit odd, I have no idea what I'm going to do for us.

In other news my hubby has really been getting into dieting with me, snacking on tons if fruit, and as long as I work things out for him, he's sticking to it. Really proud of him, he's started going to the gym a couple of nights a week too. Normally he would have a few bottles of beer in an evening, not every night but quite often, and he hasn't had a beer since New Years! I hope all you lovely people out there are getting some support like this, it's really helping
Ill check in later x

Welcome Emma B so glad to see your enjoying it. I have just rejoined slimming world!

Top tip is to eat free food, following on from what the first poster said, but there are also a lot of quick (kettle/microwave) foods that are good for when you are caught short and most of these are free. Like Pasta N Sauce and MugShots.

Good luck tonight!

Damn it!! I was wrong! Sorry, I spice mix is 4 and 1/2 syns, but u guess that's not too bad still. We ate half each so only 2 and 1/2 max. I once had a Schwartz spice jar fajita flavour which could be free, but can't find it online. It didn't really taste the same tho. Maybe paprika would give you the BBQ smokey flavour. Might try and make my own fajita spice mix. Xx

great idea...then you can share it with all of us ;) hehe...just kidding.
what a pity the other isnt free but as you say, wouldnt be that much...dont think i've ever used a full pkt anyway x

Welcome Emma B so glad to see your enjoying it. I have just rejoined slimming world!

Top tip is to eat free food, following on from what the first poster said, but there are also a lot of quick (kettle/microwave) foods that are good for when you are caught short and most of these are free. Like Pasta N Sauce and MugShots.

Good luck tonight!
Hi tinker bell, how are you getting on with it this time? X

So I stuck to my eating plan, which is good. Followed the instructions for the couscous and it made far too much for 2 of us, and was super stodgy, think the instructions said too much water. Ate it anyway because we were starving! Was 8pm by the time we ate. Tasted a bit like super noodles which was actually quite nice! :)

I'm really looking to finding some low fat super noodles, I love them and think they'll be great for a lunch with salad or something. We're going away for the weekend so think ill be getting a delivery for Sunday, will be loaded with goodies. Strangely by goodies I now mean lots of fruit and yummy syn free snacks! Lol. What a difference a week makes.

Hope the hubby's family are making SW friendly meals over the weekend. Do you think it's rude to take my bars and soup and maybe a mugshot?? Not sure how it would be received.

I'm shattered so see u all tomorrow, hope you have all had good days xx

Hi Emma and good luck with slimming world i joined new years eve so only been a week for myself,im not use to eating this much and to actually lose weight doing so is a bonus lol,btw if your husband fancys a beer or least just the taste sainsburys do a czech low alcohol 500ml beer and its only 1syn a bottle,my husband isnt doing the plan with me so when he has a beer ive been buying myself a few of those so i dont feel im missing out :)
Thank you! Got my first weigh in tonight, quite looking forward to it. I know what u mean, I could eat all day if I was hungry, you can't do that on other diets at all. Thanks for the tip with the beer, does it taste alright? I remember when I was on another diet we got him becks blue and he didn't like it at all. Xx

Getting weighed tonight for the first time, I'm excited, but no idea what my weightloss will be. I think I'm hoping for 2lbs. If I lost 2 lb a week I'd be a nice weight when I go to Spain in may!
So I've had 2 hifi light bars, a muller light and a kiwi for breakfast!
Got a tiny bit of leftover curry I can have for lunch, but no idea what I can bulk it out with? Any ideas?
Think I might treat myself to a curly wurly or some crisps if I have a good weightloss xx

Xmisskx, it's great, didn't really feel like I was missing the wraps, and I love fajitas, we eat them all the time, so I'm glad I've figured out a healthy way to have them.
Wendy, I am positive that this time you'll stick to it! You've already got loads of knowledge which will help, and like you say no more babies, so you can get your yummy mummy body and keep it! When's ur first weigh in? X

Cheers Emma :D
My first weigh in was wednesday just gone and I had lost 3lbs :D Hoping for another 3lbs this week :D

Hi all, at sister in laws for the weekend so food is a little bit out of my control, but today has been pretty good.
Breakfast: yoghurt, banana and alpen light bar.
Lunch: buffet lunch as more family round, avoided sausage rolls :) I had salad, ham, new potatoes, little peppers with low fat cream cheese and a few little chicken wings( tried to take skin off).
Snack: yoghurt, banana, alpen light bar
dinner: about to have syn free chicken and veg curry
We are eating super late because other sister in law is flying in from Spain so were waiting for her to eat together.

Dont think ill even want breakfast in the morning after eating so late! Lol.
I'm not great with dairy, and had been struggling to eat my hex a, but spoke to my leader on Thursday and she said it doesn't matter, and won't ruin my weightloss, so I'm really glad, was panicking a bit bout that.
You don't know when newly starting how important the little things are.
Will check in tomorrow after long journey home x

So had another 4 hour journey in car today :-( but been ok with diet today.
Food diary
breakfast: eaten in car, alpen light bar (hex b) and an aapple

snack: 10 Special K salt and vinegar crisps (2.5 syns)

lunch: tin of ravioli (4 syns)

tea: mums made Shepards pie and veg, still to be eaten ( 2 syns).
So 8.5 syns so far, I can have a treat later.
We saw my nan and she knows I love Percy pigs! Yum yum! So she bought me a bag!!
1.5 syns each, that could be very dangerous, don't know how ill resist.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit ttricky.
Ive got to go into hospital, and I'm not allowed to eat or drink after 3.30am until afterwards! So this will put my whole system out! Plus I'm not really sure ill want to eat or cook when I get home.
oh well, thinking positive and hopefully ill still get a weightloss xxxx

Woohoo! Go you!! It feels so good when u get on them scales doesn't it. You had a good week since? X
Yes it does and yes apart from thursday when I went over by 1 syn Ive been 100% all week :D Hubby just tried tempting me with some beer and so wanted to but thought no, must resist lol

Back