Getting to the low 9's

Hi Claire, thanks for joining :) This is open for anyone wherever they are on the scales who want to be in the mid to low 9s....I forgot to weigh this morning, so will in the morning, expecting a gain though after the week I've had! How are you getting on? Do you enjoy ww? :)

Did you enjoy the week you have had though? :p
I ended up with a kidney infection last week do fell off plan but starting again as of Monday (have a night out on sat) so going shopping tonight to get my veg for free soups for lunches.

I do enjoy WW and found it really easy to maintain last year. Do you enjoy it? :)

Great week thanks, one too many hangovers though...I'm surprised I don't have a kidney infection ;) Hope you're feeling better :)

I need to do a shop & spend done time making soups etc... Luckily at work the vending machine had a tasty healthy 7pp salad which stopped me going down the sarnie/crisps route!!

I really enjoy WW, it's the one I always come back to - maintenance is my issue, I just tend to relax a little too much when I get to goal! Think I may try filling & healthy for maintenance...if I get there!!

You been out a lot this week then? Feeling much better now thanks and so glad the pain is away!

Aw that's good, lucky you having healthy options at work. We have a canteen but I don't think very much is healthy that they cook so prefer to take my own in.

Have you tried other diets then? My original goal was 10stone 10lbs and I maintained for a year before deciding to lose a bit more just after Christmas. You will get to goal no problem at all, we both will!! :D

You maintained for a year??? That's amazing, just goes to show you can do it!! How did you go it? Did you follow the plan still or had you taught yourself good habits??

I've tried a couple of other diets, mainly calorie counting outside of WW following various plans from magazines etc... But they usually leave me feeling soooo hungry! I've tried slimming world too, but it's too rigid for me, I like things like trail mix, bread, wine, chocolate...and the list goes on! Are you just a WW girl or have you tried others??

I usually take my own food to work too like you say, you don't know how they're making the food, loads of oil, cheese, cream etc...

Yea I stayed between 10stone 6 and 10stone 10 from just before Christmas 2011 to now. I didn't track or write anything down so it was mostly just good habits, so I'm hoping it will work again! :p

At least you have tried a few other diets and you know what works for you now. How long you been doing WW for? I know what you mean, I enjoy far too many treats to be on a strict diet! Only ever tried WW and it works for me so I'm sticking to it.

That's one soup made and two cooking, so lots to eat next week :) what do you normally eat in work? Our kitchen chef is italian but I never really fancy any of it :O

You up to much this weekend?

That's really good not needing to track. Mind you the last few years I've been fairly steady over a 10lb range or so, which isn't bad, but 9st10 to 10st6 at my height (5ft2) is noticeable, certainly in my clothes!! I started with WW in 2002 & went from 12st6 to 10st6 (I think) in 6mnths, then went off plan for a couple of years & back to WW on and off till my wedding 2yrs ago. Since then I've been pretty steady as I said, but the last few months ice rarely gone above 9st10 (good stress!). Even since my first go in 2002 I haven't been over 11st so I must have learnt something!

In winter I tend to take soup to work with oatcakes & fruit, but I still like a salad, usually 3 bean with tuna/chicken or if needs must a sandwich/wrap....how about you?? I need to make soup tomorrow, since my hubs and now works from home my soup gets eaten a lot quicker!!! :p

Quiet ish weekend after the last one (6days at 'home' catching up with friends & family!)...a couple if friends over for dinner tomorrow, some DIY & lots of trips to the tip :( How about you?

Quiet ish weekend after the last one (6days at 'home' catching up with friends & family!)...a couple if friends over for dinner tomorrow, some DIY & lots of trips to the tip :( How about you?[/QUOTE]

That's great it shows you that you've learned better eating habits without even noticing it! That's really good so technically you have maintained really :p

I was taking a salad wrap and fruit but really don't think I was eating enough warm food so this week my plan is cereal in the morning, homemade soup with 2 ryvita and a dairylea triangle and snacks of WW yogurt and sugar free jelly! So will have 13 points left for dinner :D so our lunches aren't that different then!

Ooo so a busy weekend then! Did you enjoy being back home? What DIY you doing? I'm not doing much tonight then have a 30th birthday party tomorrow so hoping I'll be ok :p

Yes I loved being back home & getting to spend quality time with people, it's usually just a flying visit! Our whole house needs work, mostly superficial, but eventually a wall needs to knocked down (not by us!!!) So it's pulling out built in cupboards, repairing plaster, trips to the tip & then lots of dusting & hoovering as guests coming tonight!! Enjoy the 30th party ;)

That's good that you got to spend a bit more time at home, do you stay far from home now?

Sounds lots of work there! So glad it's not me, luckily I still stay with mum and dad and we've been here for nearly 20years so the house is pretty much sorted.

Hope you have a lovely night. I will enjoy myself and hopefully not be too drunk :p

How's the head this morning?? Mine wasn't great & I've been hoovering up food today, naughty naughty...

I'm in Yorkshire & home is Kent (well Yorkshire now but family wise!) so it takes 4-5hrs traffic/trains depending. I kind of like that though!!

I was actually ok, just didn't have a great sleep and had a bloated tummy from too much fizzy juice from my vodka diet cokes! Didn't touch the buffet but back on plan 100% as of tomorrow!!

I couldn't imagine staying away from home :pat least you got home and had a good catch up this time x

Do you like diet coke or do you have it because of the plan...I don't like it but love the full sugar version! I don't drink spirits so its always high pp beer/wine for me.

WI was this morning & I'm sooooo chuffed, 9st6 :) so that's 3lb less than last Friday (didn't manage to weigh last Wednesday)....can't believe I managed that, just goes to show after a binge weekend it's mostly bloat/water retention & a few days back on track and its all good :)

I'm aiming for maintaining this week, my in laws are here for a long weekend (thurs-sun) & I just don't diet in front of them - I always think they'd wonder why....all their family are quite slim & not big eaters/drinkers like me & mine, so I'm not sure they'd get it !

How's the last few days been? When's WI day for you? Heard from Mets at all ?? :D

I actually prefer the diet version now but don't tend to drink much fizzy juice in general. Quite lucky that my drink is vodka, less points = more drinks :D

That's amazing well done! What's your target? I'm on my phone so can't see it sorry. I had WI this morning too and gained 0.4lbs which isn't bad after what I had to eat and being on antibiotics so it will soon be off!

Thats a good plan. They probably don't think you need to diet as your already so slim! My family are big eaters and drinkers too so I know exactly how you feel.

Last few days have been good and on track, trying to be good all this week as out for a meal at the weekend for my dads birthday so trying to keep the majority of my weeklies till then. How about you?

Nope she's not been on the other thread, at least when she's back she can just start again on this one and the three of us can chat together :D

Thats a good plan. They probably don't think you need to diet as your already so slim! My family are big eaters and drinkers too so I know exactly how you feel.

Last few days have been good and on track, trying to be good all this week as out for a meal at the weekend for my dads birthday so trying to keep the majority of my weeklies till then. How about you?

Nope she's not been on the other thread, at least when she's back she can just start again on this one and the three of us can chat together :D[/QUOTE]

My target at the moment is 9st5 :) so if i manage to get there (i know its only 1lb but its the hardest one!) I'll try and maintain that for a while & increase my fitness & see where I end up!

What are u doing in terms of fitness right now? I had started kettlebells and the bf bought us bikes but only been out once because of the weather :(

My goal at the moment is 9st5 so I'm really pleased :) If I get there (the last lb is always the hardest!) I'll try & maintain that for a while & see how I feel about losing a bit more after that....I'd like to get fitter which may affect my weight, we'll see!

0.4lb is practically zero lbs!! The gains are never so bad if you know you've been naughty & like you say it'll be gone in no time!

Good idea to keep on track as much as possible for the weekend - where are you going for the meal? What type of food? Do you have a plan or are you thinking 'what the hell!' I mean 26 or 29 plus 40 weeklies should keep you safe!!!

I'm glad you're here to chat with though :) Just had a creme egg - LUSH :p

You will lose that last 1lb no problem at all, especially after this weeks weight loss!! How are you feeling the now about your weight, do you think you will want to lose more?

I know I sneakily WI this morning just to see and it's already gone, so just hope it continues :D yup I'm back to tracking everything and I always feel better doing that.

It's a German restaurant that we go to so German and European food, I'm never really good at choices for eating out so may post it here for some help if you don't mind? I'll probably have less points because I'll need to eat breakfast so I'm aiming for 17dailys and 39weeklies and I'll be driving so I don't need to worry about drinking.

Aw thanks, me too it's nice to have someone with the same sort of goals. Hope you enjoyed it! Hope you have a nice day :)

I always update on my phone app so can never see people's or my own stats/goals...my goal is apparently 9st6!! So I'm there! I'm going to move to maintenance for the next couple of weeks & see how that goes - I'm on 29/day plus 6 = 35/day. When I last did WW pp was introduced part way through & the minimum was 29, so when I signed up again I stuck to 29 & it's worked, so 35 for maintaining seems right! I will see in a few weeks how I feel, I need to concentrate on toning up & getting fitter which may add a couple of lbs??!

Sneaky peek - naughty but nice :) !!! I'm always doing it - there was a time I weighed myself at least once a day if not more!!

That's good that you're driving - drinking is my biggest downfall, not just because of the pp consumed in the booze but also the late night snacking & hangover binge where only junk food will do (e.g Big Mac meal with coke & a mars bar on the side !!).

Do you know what the menus like? It's good to plan ahead I think. 56pp for dinner should be enough I reckon ;) I'm out Saturday too, just looked at the menu & it's chicken Thai risotto (interesting), steak & chips, honey glazed duck & pork belly, so I think I'll just have to be really good the rest of the week!! Fortunately my in laws aren't big drinkers, do at least my booze consumption will be under control :D

Hope you have a good day - I have a long weekend now :bliss: no work till Tuesday :p

I don't imagine getting fitter will make you gain that much really because you will be burning the extra calories that you are eating. Maybe a bit of a gain at the start as your muscles heal after starting exercise but should be fine after that I think.

If I'm going to have a sneaky peak then I try make it at the same time that I would normally WI which is first thing in the morning.

At least you know that's a weakness though so know how you will react if you do drink. I don't normally do late night snacking but like something greasy in the morning definitely.

That sounds a nice menu I hope you enjoy it. Yes been looking at the menu but think I'm just going to wait to see what I fancy on the day and if I put on then that's fair enough :)

Thankfully work is now over, sadly I don't have a long weekend but at least I've still got the two days off! Hope your enjoying it!

Back