Gill's WW diary- Lets chit chat!

Sooo, day 1 of a new week and I'm doing OK!

Got to the gym this morning, really enjoyed it. Had mushroom omelette for breakfast. Lunch was ham salad with a couple of ryvitas and low fat philly and dinner is going to be chicken in red wine casserole. Just got through the mid afternoon munchies with some low fat hummous, carrots and celery and I'm feeling good about things. I've been struggliong quite a bit recently for no apparent reason, so I'm taking it one meal, one day at a time.

Half off, which is ok as i ended up with a lot of unplanned eating out. I started back on plan on Monday and although it didn't show much at WI last night, I weighed myself today and I'm 2lb down already :eek:

I'm exercising like a demon and loving it. but also I'm making a real effort to cut out all the unnecessary cr@p. Just a drizzle of live oil on my salad as opposed to drowning it. After my morning brew I've moved on to green tea and I'm really enjoying it. the upside to that is I no longer feel the need for a biscuit or ww bar straight after lunch because it just used to 'go' with regular tea and i wasn't even hungry. I'm also making an effort to have a decent snack every 3 hours or so, which is seeing me through that dangerous time where i'm doing the kids tea. Tonight I'm having greek yoghurt with pineapple. And finally I'm not drinking alcohol till Sat at least and this has made a massive difference to my performance in the gym.

I'm also finally getting round to watching the UK and US series of 'Obese: a Year to Save my Life' which I sky plussed ages ago. Am finding these really inspirational and great for keeping me on track.

So, thats me, it all good!

Splodgergill said:
Half off, which is ok as i ended up with a lot of unplanned eating out. I started back on plan on Monday and although it didn't show much at WI last night, I weighed myself today and I'm 2lb down already :eek:

I'm exercising like a demon and loving it. but also I'm making a real effort to cut out all the unnecessary cr@p. Just a drizzle of live oil on my salad as opposed to drowning it. After my morning brew I've moved on to green tea and I'm really enjoying it. the upside to that is I no longer feel the need for a biscuit or ww bar straight after lunch because it just used to 'go' with regular tea and i wasn't even hungry. I'm also making an effort to have a decent snack every 3 hours or so, which is seeing me through that dangerous time where i'm doing the kids tea. Tonight I'm having greek yoghurt with pineapple. And finally I'm not drinking alcohol till Sat at least and this has made a massive difference to my performance in the gym.

I'm also finally getting round to watching the UK and US series of 'Obese: a Year to Save my Life' which I sky plussed ages ago. Am finding these really inspirational and great for keeping me on track.

So, thats me, it all good!

Well done on your loss :0)
That's great you are back on it and you have made so many changes already,that's good to see :0)
Yea I guess we do tend to have some things 'out of habit' whether we are hungry or not!
It's nice that you've noticed the difference in your performance at the gym with cutting out drinking till Saturday and that regular snacks have helped you to resist when you are doing the kids tea..enjoy the programme you are watching,love it when I feel inspired.
Big WELL DONE to you :0)

Well, my hard work paid off- 3lb off this week! Absolutely chuffed to bits with that. AND we had pizza on cheat night, AND I had pasta and garlic bread the following night AND (may as well confess!) KFC on Sunday- but in my defence I left half my chips and took the skin off the chicken :). So if I can do 3lb loss with all that naughtiness, imagine what i could do if I stayed on the straight and narrow!

I'm aiming to up my game a bit more this week. Still going to the gym every day. No post lunch WW choc bar, I'm not hungry, it's just habit and I don't need it. Will have Friday night off as cheat night, so wine and takeaway. Sat I'm out on a hen night. It's one of the girls from dancing, so the plan is early dinner, see a burlesque show and then on into town for drinking and dancing. But the invite says we can come to whichever bits we want, we don't have to do the whole night. I live quite a way out of town and no one else does so it's a good £20 taxi fare home. Plus I've got to be up and out of the house by about 9.30 Sunday morning as DS1 has a footie match. SO I've decided I'm going to eat at home before I go and drive, just go see the show, maybe a drink with the girls after, then head home. Never thought I'd go to a hen night sober, lol!

Excited about tomorrow. I've got a FREE phone consultation with a personal trainer to see if he can help me with anything else i could be doing in terms of diet and exercise. I'm also wondering if there's anything i can do to get rid of the belly fat. My arms and legs are looking great, my jeans are baggy on me but my stomach is still massive! Looking at me head on I look about 2 stone lighter than I am, but turn to the side and I'm huge! Classic apple shape.

Right, thats it for now, will post tomorrow if this trainer guy has anything interesting to say.

Well done on your loss that's great especially after all the 'naughty foods' ;0)
Be interesting to see what the PT comes up with and enjoy the sober hen night,sounds like alot of fun :0)

Hi,

So today I had a consultation with J, the PT. The free consultation was basically I had to think of a specific fitness/health/nutrition question and he'd give me advice. And he didn't disappoint at all! We spoke for about 15-20 mins and he gave me loads of info, advice and tips, both in terms of nutrition and exercise. I was really impressed, so next week I'm having a full 1hr consultation, where we'll go through everything- diet, exercise, nutrition, supplements, the lot. And as a follow up he'll put everything we talked about in an email to me so I don't have to concentrate too much on remembering what he said or taking notes. This of course is not free but it's £25 which for an hour of an experts time is not bad at all I don't think.

Can't wait!

Just been out on my friends hen night and one of the girls who I havent seen in a while grabbed me and said 'Oi, where's the rest of you?' Thought I'd got me skirt tucked in me knickers till I realised what she meant! I'm really pleased my efforts are getting noticed. Got load of comments about my dress too, was only £18 from DP back in the summer. I don't usually go mad on clothes, specially not dresses but this was second choice for a night out back in July and something told me to keep it, lol.

Right, an update.

On Fri I had a consultation with my J, my PT. We went through my workout programme and he made some big changes. Before i was doing cardio 3x a week and weights 2x. NOW I'm doing cardio 5x a week, upper body weights 3x and lower body 2x. Did my first session this morning and it was OK, he's increased the amount of cardio I do and I thought it'd kill me but it was fine! Mind you, ask me again on Friday!

Foodwise, I'm doing a 2 week kickstart. Nothing too drastic, just cutting out salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed stuff and dairy (apart from 0% Greek yoghurt). So basically Filling and Healthy but without using the 49 for treats. Hope I can do the whole 2 weeks, just said to my friend, if it's not water or green tea I wont be drinking it, lol.

Feeling very positive.

2lb off, woohoo! just 1lb to my first stone goal! Am very chuffed.

Day 2 of the new workout regime and it was tough! Legwork was squats and lunges with weights- ow!!! Have had a nice hot bath in the hope that I wont ache too much tomorrow.

Foodwise is going OK too, fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, prawn salad, rice cakes and hummous for lunch and I'm about to have tuna steak, corn on the cob and salad.

Hi,

Thought i too would drop by and see how you are getting on. Looks like you are off to a flying start!! Im glad you found your PT advice helpful, im a big fan of these guys when they know what they are talking about!! Not the ones who work at the gym but 'think' they know it all lol if you know what i mean!!! The experts make so much sense dont you think!!??

I am following the filling and healthy plan but i use some of my 49 weeklies, though i do try to forget them if i can, easier said than done so well done you for doing so!! I cant wait to see your next weeks weigh in result, i think ul be very pleased!!! good luck with the training and keep it up, your doing amazing!!! x

Thanks, Sarah-louise. TBH I had a bit of a last hurrah before i started this on Monday- bacon sarnies, curry, KFC, big roast dinner, bottles of wine etc. So I reckon that 2lb loss was from Mon and Tues alone!

I went slightly off plan last night and celebrated with a Stella Cidre- only 1 tho.

Oooh, my legs are still really hurting today! went to the gym anyway but skipped the treadmill as it's hill walking and I didn't think my thighs could stand it. Did everything else tho. I'm due to do leg work again tomorrow but i think I'll swap and do arms again tomorrow to get an extra days recovery in.

I noticed today, my trackie bottoms that i wore today are getting loose, kept having to pull them up, lol

Looks like you're doing really well! My PT has me doing lunges with weights (alternating legs too) and the first time I did it hurt so much I struggled to walk properly that week. But, it does get better! I can do them no problem now! I'm just scared she'll increase the hand weights...

Another 2lb off this week, woohoo! I was hoping for more but I think I'm coming up to TOTM, feeling a bit heavy and bloated. But I wont grumble at 2lb!

Really going to go for it this week, I've got about 2 weeks till my consultant appt for my sterilisation and he wanted me to lose 10kilo (approx 21lb) in order to go ahead. So I'm 6lb off that. Need to get DS1 to take my photo in a minute as well, I've got one at my highest weight and I want to take a photo every time I get a stone off.

Right, off to the gym I go!

Oh dear, fallen off the wagon a bit this weekend! Not really bad, but just not 'on it' like i have been. plus there has been wine involved which is high propoints.

I'd love 2lb this week, so until WI on tues I've got to focus. If I workout and keep my points lowish I might be able to do it. Have made a load of zero pointed soup so that will help keep me feeling full. Lots of water, green tea, fresh fruit and veg.

I've just had scrambled egg whites and bacon for breakfast. No idea about lunch as we might be going out. Tea is spag bol made with turkey mince.

Splodgergill said:
Oh dear, fallen off the wagon a bit this weekend! Not really bad, but just not 'on it' like i have been. plus there has been wine involved which is high propoints.

I'd love 2lb this week, so until WI on tues I've got to focus. If I workout and keep my points lowish I might be able to do it. Have made a load of zero pointed soup so that will help keep me feeling full. Lots of water, green tea, fresh fruit and veg.

I've just had scrambled egg whites and bacon for breakfast. No idea about lunch as we might be going out. Tea is spag bol made with turkey mince.

Sounds like you're well on the way to making up for the weekend :)

1lb off! Very pleased but at the same time a bit annoyed with myself because I know I could have done better. But hey a loss is a loss, so I'm pleased.

Going to the gym tomorrow, eating well, but then I have a 'wine night' with my best mate. It's been ages since we had one. we're taking the kids trick or treating, then dropping them back home to the dads and we're off to the pub! But I figure thats what my 49 weeklies are for, I can use that, stay on track for the rest of the week and still lose.

Well, thats the plan anyway!

And another pound off! Challenging week as the boys have been off on half term, having them under my feet all day makes me want to eat, treat myself once they're in bed, etc. But they've been great so the damage was not too bad.

Need to really rein it in over the next few days as it's my wedding anniversary this week and we're away for the weekend. 2 whole nights away on our own in the Cotswolds, cannot wait!!!! So there's bound to be a few nice meals out but I'll do my best to just keep it relatively good for breakfast and lunch at least. Would love to come back with a STS.

So 4lb to a stone and a half, should defo do do that by Xmas.

Splodgergill said:
And another pound off! Challenging week as the boys have been off on half term, having them under my feet all day makes me want to eat, treat myself once they're in bed, etc. But they've been great so the damage was not too bad.

Need to really rein it in over the next few days as it's my wedding anniversary this week and we're away for the weekend. 2 whole nights away on our own in the Cotswolds, cannot wait!!!! So there's bound to be a few nice meals out but I'll do my best to just keep it relatively good for breakfast and lunch at least. Would love to come back with a STS.

So 4lb to a stone and a half, should defo do do that by Xmas.

Well done. Yes, you should make that Xmas goal :)

Back