Giving up chocolates and crisps to TTC - eventually

Well done!
Me too Clinquant..... I was forever thinking 'I might as well have this cream cake... Its not gonna make much difference' and its so hard to give up the little things. But saying NO now is the best thing we'll ever do!!

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm home and just had my dinner - Spag Bol yummy :) Now I am munching my usual veg while watching TV. I think the most difficult part for me at the moment is overcome the craving... I am not actually hungry but really want a piece of toast. I hope they get less the longer I am doing this... Will watch TV for bit now and then go to bed. Really sad on a Saturday evening, but I am looking forward to my bed :) Hope the weekend won't be too full of temptations...

Well done Mrs S you done great on resisting, I'm on day 5 so know how your feeling.

I know how you feel about your sandwich as during my Xmas break I promised myself the night before I restarted id get myself one of my favourite unhealthy take always that i get from my local indian which is a chapatti wrap filled with donar kebab meat, chips and cheese then all melted together and I love it with salad and mayo, but something happened and I didn't get it and I only remembered yesterday so now I've promised myself one on my next break, but I wish I didn't remember it now because I keep thinking about it :(.

The good news is that the longer you follow the diet the less hungry you'll feel but sadly the cravings don't really go away cause they are all in your head, but you do get better at dealing with them x

Thank you all so much. I know that without the support and encouragement here I would have given in and got the sandwich. Now I'm glad I didn't. It's nice to know there are people going through the same and not feeling so alone.
When I came home yesterday my OH was eating a role with butter and cheese and I so wanted a bite. .. Just a small bite. .. But I didn't :)
Looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday.

Well done for all the resisting! I think the more times we manage it, the easier it becomes - but don't feel bad for having to work at it though. Just think of all the years we have all made 'little choice' after 'little choice' to have an extra sandwich, or a second slice of cake or another chocolate bar. Our minds are well and truly programmed to eat - probably to excess in most of our cases - and it's damned hard work doing all this re-programming!

i haven't yet had TOTM issues but did when I last did a vlcd - once my period started, it just didn't stop. It was very annoying!

Not long til WI on Monday - I'm sure you'll be fine over the weekend.

Although this is my first Saturday on the diet and I tought the weekends would be really hard, I am finding it surprisingly easy so far. I feel a little bit hungry at the moment, but I will wait another hour to eat my soup. Later I will go and get some hero noodles to bulk up my evening meal a bit. I am looking forward to my low carb meal tonight: chicken breast with cauliflower and I will be using my milk allowance to make a sauce :)

Well done for resisting hun woop woop it will get betteer :) n ur tum wil shrink too i get fulll easy these days n im on day 9 :) xx

Was in the cinema with my OH watching Railway Man...really good movie. We didn't get any nice cauliflower, though, so dinner plans changed. I've had a a Spag Bol Meal Pack with Zero Noodles... well...they are...different... I can't chew them as it feels weird... but they are good to fill me up.
Cauliflower and Chicken tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Just wondering if I am allowed seasoning, like Pepper, Salt, Paprika and Chilli...mmh...

Heyyy, your journey so fine sounds positive, well done! My 1st weigh in is Monday as well and it couldn't come sooner!
my vlcd journey started 4yrs ago when I was diagnosed with PCOS doctor told me I'd struggle to conceive so decided omg I have to lose weight was 18st 4lb I went on the Cambridge diet got down to 14st was about to start clomid treatment for feetility and found out I was 6wks pregnant! Gained 4st had my son and stayed that weight untill 18months later I fell pregnant again gained only 10lb 2nd pregnancy gave birth to my second son back in October. I'm now 18st 12lb!!! Heaviest ever!! Just wanted to point out you can 100% reach your BMW goal for your IVF treatment although our stories r slightly different I kind of know what your going through. Good luck x

Ah ok, I'll say what I wanted n reply tomo ifs don't wanna talk on here.

R there other fertility reasons for the IVF? Weight is a hugeeeeee factor of pcos, sometimes even a 10% can correct hormones enough for you to fall pregnant, so try to stay positive

Back