Giving up chocolates and crisps to TTC - eventually

R there other fertility reasons for the IVF? Weight is a hugeeeeee factor of pcos, sometimes even a 10% can correct hormones enough for you to fall pregnant, so try to stay positive

Hi Girls,

I was/am in the same situation as we have so many fertility issues (weight being one) that we were told IVF was our only hope.

We spent over 9yrs trying, we had all the fertility treatments including IVF and nothing worked, not having the funds to keep trying we gave up, but for years trying for a baby was all I had focused on so you do end up quite obsessed so when it all ended I got quite depressed because my life suddenly felt so empty so to stop myself dwelling on it I changed my focus to getting healthy, I started exercising and joined the gym for the first time ever and within a year I had dropped from 14st to 11st and within 4 weeks of being at 11st i found out I was pregnant and i literally almost died when they told me cause we hadn't even been actively trying!!.

My son is now almost 4 and we have basically been trying again since he was 6wks old but still nothing.

Fertility wise nothing has changed we are still the same the only thing that is different is my weight as I was 14st the whole 9yrs we were trying then dropped to 11st just months before i fell pregnant. After my son was born I got back down to 14st but then have been stuck there ever since so my o/h is 100% convinced that losing the weight is what gave us our miracle.

I have looked into it ALOT and apparently the more fat your carrying the higher your estrogen levels are making you estrogen dominant, this makes sense for me as excess estrogen can lead to thyroid issues, Endometriosis and heavy periods and I've got all of them so I think losing the weight somehow balanced my hormones and allowed me to fall pregnant.

We would LOVE LOVE LOVE another baby but I'm trying not to focus on it 100% this time incase it never happens but my plan for 2014 is gets start exercising again, get back to 11st again and keep trying because I am 100% positive losing weight can make all the difference :).

I'll be subscribing to follow your story and keeping my fingers crossed all our dreams come true in 2014"

Last edited:
My OH and I have been trying for 8 now...unfortunately unsuccessfully. He has low sperm count and my eggs don't mature enough for fertilization...

I'm feeling a bit better than this morning, still not entirely ok, though...Just had my low carb meal cauliflower with Cheesy Pasta Sauce and Chicken. It was so nice to eat a proper meal. Still got some leftover for tomorrow.

Will go to bed early and hope that I'll feel good again tomorrow. Still being positive, though, which is good :)

Last edited:
Massive congratulations! That's fab :)

Thank you ClaireCat.

Just had the Mild Curry for lunch...still feeling a bit hungry. Will have a bar later, at about 3... I am drinking plenty of water, have already had 1.5 liters today and a mug of tea (+ the water used to prepare the oar meal and the curry...) Then I am really looking forward to my dinner this evening, leftover cauliflower and chicken from yesterday. Can't wait :)

I've just had my Bar. Dark Chocolate Truffa... yummy... I always cut it up in really small pieces, so I can munch on it for longer.
So I was sitting at work and munching away while working and halfway through I though '****... I am not allowed Chocolate.....' it took me about a minute to realise it was the Bar I was eating and not normal Chocolate... lol I guess that just proves they are sooo good :)

Well done on your loss and a good start to Week 2!

Thank you Clinquant :)

I sooo want this to work. I am just concerned about how long I can keep this up... Will I get bored of the packs after a while? Can I really do this for about 8-9 months without slipping (because I guess that would only prolong it...) Can I make myself not give in to temptations? The biggest question: Is it worth it, can I change my ways afterwards to maintain a healthy weight?
Only time will tell, I guess...

I'm glad to hear that it becomes easier to drink a lot of water... I've already had 2 liters today :)

Home now, tired and exhausted... Watching Father Brown... I've just had the spicy spaghetti meal pack and some veg. I as well made some lettuce crisps with paprika seasoning and OMG they were soooo nice. I was craving crisps all day and they really helped and were quite satisfying, though not very filling...
After that I found out that I had more veg then I was supposed to, in total about 300 g (instead of the 200 g allowed) I would guess, as my scales were standing half on the work top and half on the chopping board and therefore gave an incorrect reading... Ah well...at least I didn't give in and buy crisps :)

Home now, tired and exhausted... Watching Father Brown... I've just had the spicy spaghetti meal pack and some veg. I as well made some lettuce crisps with paprika seasoning and OMG they were soooo nice. I was craving crisps all day and they really helped and were quite satisfying, though not very filling... After that I found out that I had more veg then I was supposed to, in total about 300 g (instead of the 200 g allowed) I would guess, as my scales were standing half on the work top and half on the chopping board and therefore gave an incorrect reading... Ah well...at least I didn't give in and buy crisps :)[/QUOTE

Exactly hun extra veg is loads better then crisps...:) well done...im alwys stressin abt the scales n he meal planner on my fone lol coz keep thinkin bth r lyin to me n im actually avin mre cals n carbs then wt they tel me ??? lololl xx

Thank you, you two :) I couldn't do it without all the positive feedback and support I am getting here. My OH has backed out at the last minute, so I'm doing this on my own, which is hard, especially he keeps eating the thing I am missing most - bread. ... His loss I guess, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm sick today, feeling really unwell, didn't go to work, only got up half an hour ago and now need to try and fit all my packs in. So tired. .. hope I'll feel better tomorrow. ..

Back