Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Thanks Beegee - today didnt go quite as planned. Its strange isnt it, I guess I made sure I planned alot for our day out but then today (which should have been easier) was difficult. We had soup for dinner and I really got a taste for the bread with it!!!

PCSuey, nope no gain of £'s, although the whole day out only ended up costing me £10 (and thats after taking out our tickets, travel and drinks!!)..... I dont do any large bets and hubby got us free tickets to go ;)

So, here's today, not so good !

Breakfast
Beans and egg on toast (2 small wholemeal slices HB)

Snacks
apple, melon

Dinner
Broccoli stalk soup with celery, onion, and stilton (28g HA), slice of bread (HB)

snacks
more bread (?? syns) with clover lighter (?? syns)

Tea
sliced tomatoes with basil
noodles, beansprouts, carrots, pepper, spring onions, onions
sechwan sauce (3syns)

snacks
dark chocolate (5 squares ??syns)
cup of tea (HA)

Not too good :(
Exercise 30mins walk, 30 mins blackberry picking, 45mins painting, bit of tidying too

You have done so well the key is now to not stress about today and then overeat tomorrow. Plan the most filling free food day you can tomorrow and save yourself just a few syns for the end of the day for doing a great job. You can do it

Thanks for your wise words Teresa :) Oh I know, I think what I usually do is panic! But I keep telling myself the weighing week isnt over yet :) Today I'm going to be on plan..... one day at a time, I can keep on plan.

Monday

B- all bran (42g HB), yog (1syn), milk from HA..... red grapes

D- couscous, toms, cu, 3 carrots. Pineapple

T- wedges, egg and beans (one of my favourites, so I think this is going to be my tea tonight). Melon

Snacks-milk in tea (HA), 4 aldi cereal bars (HB+ 6syns), apples, banana

Pud later on- hazelnut latte (HA)

Exercise- 30mins dog walk, few hours painting!

Grrrr - not good. Bread as soon as I came home from work, then my planned tea and then some dark chocolate (this was reserved for hubby). Only hoping that my earlier good part of the week will pay off at weigh in.

Lesson to be learnt -not only must my mind be in gear (in terms of I'm ok and not thinking that I've spoilt my week) but I also MUST have something yummy and on plan planned to have before my tea (as soon as I come home from work).

Tomorrow is another day and I still may not have blown my week - fingers crossed!

Hello Gobolino, I know the home-from-work-grab-a-snack habit - I'm exactly the same and that's when I tend to stick chocolate bars down my throat. My new plan is to save some HexA / B for ryvita and topping... failing that to make myself go straight out to the gym without stopping at the fridge! :)
I am sure you won't have ruined your week - after all, dark chocolate is meant to be good for you, right?! All those anti-oxidants :)

Thanks both :)

Oh its a nightmare, isnt it! I think even another banana would have been better, anything other than bread! It really started something.

I need to make a list of easy pre-tea options for when I come home from work..... perhaps I should have a list of 5 and then I have one to look forward to everyday. I like your idea of having a healthy extra too.

I'm feeling that I'm pretty rubbish at this at the minute, but its only me that can turn it around. I've already text my consultant to let her know I've been rubbish!

Fingers crossed for you that things aren't as bad as you are assuming x Bread truly is devil food, I just can't be near it - it's too tempting!

I agree Bread is indeed devil food Beegee, I much prefer avoiding it (and that is the honest truth).

I'm back from weigh in and I gained 3lb :( For this week, I am planning lots, drinking lots and exercising lots. I now need to lose 4.5lb from the last two weeks gain.

I really need to have hometime snacks planned in advance. I'm starting to think of nice filling things to have: boiled egg, banana, ryvita minis, new potatoes.

Thank you both for your messages. This week is a new week indeed. I think I need that something as I walk through the door, although I may be able to have something later in work and then ween myself onto having a drink when I come home instead!

Here's the last couple of days:
Wednesday 17th August

Breakfast:
33g oats (HB+1syn), yog (100g l/f greek 1 syn), milk from HA

Dinner:
Co-op wholemeal pitta (HB) with 2 laughing cow deli blue cheese (2/5 HA), sliced tomato and cucumber. Yellow pepper.

Hometime snack:
1 boiled egg and baked beans ! Hot chocolate (22g 4syns)

Tea:
Wedges and large salad. Blackberries and l/f greek yog (1syn)

Snacks
New potatoes, clementines, apples, banana, possibly the scan bran from breakfast HB (yes I had this), loads of water, milk in tea (1/2 HA), half a melon

Exercise:30mins walk, painting
Total Syns: 7 syns

Thursday 18th August

Breakfast
Banana, apple, 28g oats (HB), yog (1syn), milk from HA

Dinner
Pitta (HB), grated carrot, sweetcorn, pepper, cucumber, kidney beans, grated cheese (28g HA). Melon

Tea
Veg curry (1.5syns), rice.

Snacks:
Clementines, apple, grapes

Hometime snack:
????

Thanks pcSuey :) Fingers crossed they stay that way all week !!!

Here's today:
Friday 19th August
Breakfast:
Vlf fromage frais, blackberries, raspberries

Dinner:
Veg curry with onions, carrots, sweet potato, BNS, sweetcorn, peas, chickpeas (1.5syns for curry paste)

Tea:
sw wedges with a co-op pitta (HB), 28g cheese (HA), tomatoes and gherkins. Followed by a scan bran muffin (2syns)

Snacks:
Scan bran chocolate muffin (2syns), banana, apple, Clementine, grapes, milk in tea (HA), hot chocolate sachet (2syns)

Hometime snack:
28g h/m granola (HB) with vlf fromage frais

mmmmm I much prefer having my A's and B's in the afternoon/evening to play with :)

dog walking, painting
syns 7.5 :)

Last edited:
Hola, do you have th recipe for these scan bran muffins of which you speak???? Are they any good ?

Got a taster session at class next week and they could be a contender...

They are lovely and only 2 syns each. Will wirte up the recipe later on (it is on the sw website too) :)

Low syn chocolate cake:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
Tip: Chef's tip: For a free topping, pile with (defrosted) frozen forest fruits or top with chocolate spread (4½ Syns per tbsp).

It's just 11½ Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many portions as you like.

Queen of cakes- ha ha, I like that :)

I'm not too sure, it'd be hit and miss in the oven, but you could give it a whirl at say 175 C for 15 to 20mins in a loaf tin (test to see if its done with a skewer, if it comes out clean its done, if not try another 5mins ?)

The recipe on the SW site says low syn chocolate cake, but I use a 6 muffin silicone mould which is better as the cake is then ready portioned (very important with cake ;) )

Let me know if you have a go with the oven!

Back