Gonna Cruise to Lose!

Oh you mean mummy lol!

Day 3 (already!!). Started the day with scrambled egg as I wanted to make some for the kids today - big big big day for them today as they have their high school entrance exams - bless they went trotting off to the high school so nervous, it is ridiculous but they have to sit exams as if they were applying to go to a grammar school to go to our high school. So I made masses of scrambled egg but I have to say I couldn't really face mine, I'm not really a breakfast person and it was way too early for me to eat.

I'm off out into town soon, I have a stiff shoulder and going for a massage but it is right over lunch time - I also need to get my eyes tested. Sooo thinking through lunch I may nip into M&S and pick up some cooked chicken strips and have that or some roast beef or something like that. Normally I'd go for a sandwich and eat it on the fly but that is out of the equation obviously.

Tonight I want to make the kids a vegetable lasagna as that is their favourite dinner and I feel that after today (2 x 2hour exams and 2 x 1.5 hour exams all in one day) they deserve a treat. Not sure what I will have yet, I will probably finish the salmon off from the other night.

Busy day so I'd best get a wiggle on, catch up with you all later.

Have a lovely day Lajlaj (I put some comments on your menu...). I think you did brilliantly (unless I misunderstood something?) with that Wispa bar (you didn't eat it, did you?).

Something which works for me, now I'm in the zone, is that I have a "cupboard". It's not my cupboard. If ever I come across something which isn't for me, I put it in the cupboard. I don't go into the cupboard except for putting away purposes at which time I avert my eyes so as not to see the cupboard's contents.

How pathetic am I? (Try it!)

What day of attack is it now?

Thanks Jo. I have a sweet cupboard - with all the rubbish in - sweets, biscuits, crisps and everything that isn't mine has now been shoved in there. At the moment it doesn't hold much temptation it was because the bar was opened and on the top. I've clearly explained the rules to the kids now - they now absolutely are in no doubts that if they do that again the cupboard gets emptied into the bin and they will join me in an enforced absolution lol!!

Day three of attack now. Hopefully will break through into ketosis today.

Sounds perfect! I wonder how many of us have "cupboards"!

Lovely feeling being in ketosis... I have a sensation of invincibility... (and a confidence that I will again get to target, albeit a less ambitious target!)

I love being in ketosis - would spend my life in it if I could! Just wieghed myself and am a very definate 4lbs down - no wibbling wobbling on the scales just straight to the 4lb less mark!

(and now I really am going to go into town!!)

??? salt? didn't know that worked on OH's.....

I havent been taking my vits either, better get onto that a tea time.

I thought it was just slugs:D

Do you speak from experience DD? ;)

There've certainly been one or two times when I've been sorely tempted to do it, Jo. ;-)
lol IKWYM.................
smug bloke who can eat a family pack ofminstrels after a full carby tea and not put on an ounce deserves all he gets lol

Ha ha my husband does not need any salt to leave a slimmey mess on the armchair but that is probably tmi!

I am definately back in ketosis - no sticks to confirm but I know the feeling all too well.

Weighed myself this morning and 4lbs off. Managed about one egg and several cups of water before I left. Picked up some roast beef from M&S (just beef and mustard which IIRC is allowed) but didn't get chance to eat until about 2.45 and then had to literally force myself. Had a big decaff black coffee from Starbucks too. Got home and felt lousy, all shivery and cold and thought I may be coming down with a worse cold or the pig flue. Made dinner for the kids but wanted to just crawl into bed. Made myself a strong cup of tea with a couple of sweetners (just not the same as sugar!!) and revived enough to mash up some salmon with a bit of creme fraiche and ate (and enjoyed) that. Feeling much more like me again now. Still feeling bleugh.

Also I had a massage today that targets accupuncture points as I've had a stiff shoulder and told her about wanting to loose weight so she did a lot of work on my stomach points, came home and was rather ill but maybe she dislodged something that needed unblocking, either way that is all probably way TMI for the second time in this post. Sorry!!

lol great post sounds like a mixed day !!!!
didnt think of mashing salmon with creme fraiche good idea.....
lets hope your body feels better tomorrow hun xxx

Thank you, I'm actually feeling much more like me again tonight - still got a cold but don't feel as rough as I did. Just going to bed.

I have just made a cinimmon galette as I hadn't had my oatbran and feel all bloated again - but at least it tasted a lot better - not sure if it was the cinammon or because I changed the yoghurt for fromage frais finally!

Anyway night all.

the cinnamon in galettes is lovely , keep practicing and you will get it how you want xx

I saw on a French site yesterday a recipe for salmon fritters (mashed salmon, fat free creme fraiche (can you get that?), bit of onion, herbs, egg if needed to make into little patties and dry fried in good non stick pan. YUM!

Your day sounds interesting Laj! What is IIRC? Hope you're not going to get sick.

Ketosis is a funny thing. I don't have stix either. You just know!

Now that I am going to have for lunch! Thank you so much. I have fat free creme fraiche from Tescos, although in reality it isn't totally fat free but <0.1%!

IIRC = if I remember correctly.

Todays menu: Not had any breakfast but will have a bit of cottage cheese and smoked salmon now.
Lunch: Salmon patties as above(!) but I'm going to add the oatbran in to bind it too and that should hopefully help them brown a little too.

Dinner: Roast chicken

Absolutely full of the eebie jeebies today so apologies if I'm not around too much, I slept in most of this morning as up all night and now need to do some work to catch up!

How's Attack going Hun?

I'm thinking tuna patties tomorrow, tuna, herbs, cottage cheese, eggs and oat bran.? What I think?

Brilliant news re creme fraiche, I couldn't find any low fat enough in sainsburys but I need to do a Tesco run to stock up on oatbran so I'll check it out when I'm there. Can anyone remember what the % fat limit on dairy is? I can't recall off the top of my head.

Back