Gonna Cruise to Lose!

In France, 0% on attack.
In Cruise, 0% (except for two tolerated items - which is I guess how he gets round the problem in the UK... so a fat free yoghurt with fruit would count as one. 30g of less than 6% fat cheese would be another. 1 tablespoon cornflour is another.)

hence cottage cheese doesn't fall into the categories at all!

Brilliant news re creme fraiche, I couldn't find any low fat enough in sainsburys but I need to do a Tesco run to stock up on oatbran so I'll check it out when I'm there. Can anyone remember what the % fat limit on dairy is? I can't recall off the top of my head.

I have just finished a pot of Tesco lighter choices natural (I've had equivalent of 60g each day of attack). I looked at the ingredients just now and cringed... Darned man!

I am so not interested in cottage cheese it's not even funny. Some creme fraiche would be good though, I get so paranoid about quark splitting going into a hot pan most of my food is ending a little cooler than I'd like it. I'm more used to cooking with creme fraiche so it'll be good to give it a try.

My theory is that if it can't be strictly dukan then a tiny bit of fat is better than carbs, ala atkins stylee. Any thoughts?

I've been having a table spoon of Tesco's low fat cottage cheese and still having a good weight loss. I guess you can't go too wrong with a little bit of cottage cheese!

I just made the salmon paties (without the onion as I couldn't be bothered grating one!!) and they were quite nice, needed a little more pepper but I just added that after.

I'm on day 4 of attack now.

Yes fat better than sugar!

Great news, I'll carry on then!

PS - I'm not eating loads of fat don't worry, just if I'm faced with a choice I know I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.

Absolutely - and while you're not starving hungry and/or staying the same weight, you're doing it right!

Very quick update. Not well at all - come down with the eebie jeebies and had no sleep at all. On the positive side I've stuck to the plan and have now lost 7lbs. Today is day 5 (I think - started on Tuesday so it must be). Today when I finally haulled myself out of bed I had three cups of hot water with ginger and two dry-fried eggs with smoked salmon for brunch. Now I'm going to go back to bed! Catch you all again.

Thanks it is just a bad cold and upset tum - but I'm so congested I can't sleep at night at all, iti s horrible. On the plus side the weight is quite literally dropping off - so not all doom and gloom!!

and here comes the confession. I have spent most of this afternoon coverting the chocolate cupboard back and forth like a yo yo. Anyway I decided that if I had to have a sugar/sweet fix I was going to do it on my terms so on my Gallatte I added a teaspoon of sugar free carb free maple syrup - now I'm pretty sure it is not allowed but I guess in my aggled brain that seemed the lesser of the two evils.

I'm still on a chocolate crave so have been chewing gum frantically.

Well done for staying strong. If there are no carbs in the maple syrup I can't see a massive problem with it, and it's certainly better than you going in the chocolate cupboard, so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over it! You'll be in ketosis now, so you don't want anything to put you out of it - keep being strong and stay away from the cupboard! :)

Well done for not having he chocolate! I accidental had choc dukan muffins the other day as I didn't realise choc was not allowed on attack but if hasnt hindered me.

Drink lots of water, have a bath perhaps and rest up.
Xx

I just had a spoon of cottage cheese with some chives and smoked salmon - should have done that hours ago as it really hit the spot. Only thing I haven't had today is any yoghurt - I'm not a yoghurt fan in the first place and after having a dodgy stomach and being sick this morning I honestly couldn't face it. I've just had a cafeine free diet coke as well which probably won't help the dodgy stomach but I've been so thirsty today and couldn't quench the thirst so finally gave in to having a can.

And so ends another day. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling more like me and back on track because today has been a huge mental battle all day long.

diet coke is okay according to my book?! No worries about that.

I am wishing you better health young lady for today and the rest of the week, bugger the lurgy!

Hope you feel healthy soon.
Well done for not cracking on the sweet craving.

Do you like sugar free jelly? That can be good for cravings, or try the baked custards many like.

Back