Goodbye CD <> hello 'Fat Smash Diet'

So glad that things are going so well for you babes :D

Am thinking of stepping up to 790 myself for the weekend .. see how it goes :rolleyes:

So glad that things are going so well for you babes :D

Am thinking of stepping up to 790 myself for the weekend .. see how it goes :rolleyes:

Hiya!!!
It's a great plan - I'm just soo full!!!!!! Not used to being bloated anymore and I really don't like it LOL!!! Plus I want as much of this weight off for Xmas as I can - but I'm inclined to change my mind being the indecisive female I am LOL!!
Soo glad chloe is ok :)

Much love, chelle xx

Hello Chelle

Just thought I'd have a peep at your diary :D

You're doing soo well and I'm very jealous of you being able to eat food :D

Kath xxx

It's fun trying on clothes - and the best thing is I haven't spent a penny on any new clothes as these are the ones I've had in my wardrobe that I bought for "when I lose weight" rather than buying my size at the time! (Does anyone else do that, or am I just weird???!!))

Yep, that's what I do!!! In the last couple of years I have not been able to bring myself to buy the right size. I've been squeezing into the few 18's I have bought (online) when really I must have been at least a 20!

Now I'm glad though cos I'm a loose 18 and I have a whole wardrobe of size 16's to shrink into. Bring it on:D

11/11/06; Mourning? or Embracing? weight loss

53/100

"U don't just wake up one morning and realise u're fat!!" - Wrong!

I'm in a strange place atm - not low... not high but not even in between, really can't explain it. I seem to float from being low to high and then back again all in the space of a minute.
I feel like I'm mourning the loss of a companion - my weight. I lay in the bath this morning looking at my 'new' figure and felt sad. I can see definate improvements - I know by the scales and my shrinking clothes sizes alone - but today I noticed dimples in my stomach and my feet are even looking slimmer. I still feel me, but I don't recognise the changes that are happening to me and I don't recognise my reflection. I walk past shop windows and think "fu£k me, how slim do I look!" - I know at 13st 7lbs (with 3st more to lose) I'm not skinny yet, but why do I still feel huge, the old 16st me??????
I've struggled with my weight all of my life, but my 'padding' has always been there for me and has never judged me or called me names.... it even protected me from those damn springs in the mattress that I now feel!!
At 13 I weighed 14st and went to slimming world and managed to get to 9st 13lbs - being so young and not realising I was actually slim, the weight went back on again. I then spent years yo-yoing and trying every new diet deemed the miracle the nation needs. At 16 a shy me left school weighing 14st 10 and went straight onto college - ironically doing a drama course. I've never appeared shy to people - always the life and soul of the party, but always thought I the one where the guys would talk to me about my mates that they fancied while I was dying inside - recently being told by several they wanted to talk to me and were too shy to ask me out!!! WTF!!!!
At college I gained more weight, but then found I could still eat and get away with it - here began the cycle of bulemia.I gained and lost the same several stones for years. Thankfully, my Mum found out one day after an overdose of laxatives & various other pills (not recommended) and took me straight to hospital for the help I needed.
After college I entered various relationships wanting.. needing.... to be loved for the person I am not the outer shell, but most guys of around 18-24 aren't interested in the person underneath, they're just after someone to bed... another notch on the bedpost. I found sex was a way to become close to someone, even if only for a brief few minutes that I engaged in a few 'one night stands' - really hoping and believing that it might turn into something other than sex. My self-esteem was at an all time low and again I entered the cycle of yo-yo dieting, not taking pills, but being on a string of endless diets. Always losing stones but never realising that I'm within a few pounds of goal - then getting upset with myself and putting the weight back on at an alarming rate. I look back and I wasn't even that big, I was 12st - hardly huge being 5ft 6.5"

I met my Hubby 4 years ago, we'd only been together for a few weeks and I knew he was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We got engaged within a yr of being together and within 3 months of our engagement we were married. He's always called me 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous' and always tells me he loves me all the time - something which, up until recently, I've always shunned off. He met me I was 12st 7lbs (looking back at pictures I really wasn't big, but in my head back then, I was huge) and in the last few yrs my weight rocketed to 15st 11lbs. So that brings me to the quote at the start of this epic(!!!). Sure, I knew I was gaining weight, but somehow it was a defence mechanism and I didn't realise that I was gaining soo much. It really was a moment of clarity when I woke up and stood on the scales and they read nearly 16st. My life changed as I gained weight, I stopped going to social occasions - made up excuses all the time, so people stopped asking and that suited me. I didn't want anyone to see the blob I'd become.

I tried LL last yr, got to week 7 and for some reason never went back again - regained all the weight. Then found out about CD, again gave up after a few weeks & regained. So for the last yr I've been on/off on/off CD losing and regaining the weight I've lost. it's not the diet, the diets work if u work with them - I unfortunately didn't.

I worked out recently, that I've lost in excess of 20stones in my life - I'm 24yrs old, thats a whole lot of weight!
So whats my point to all of this??? I'm losing my loyal padding - it's made me so sad all these years not to be a normal weight, yet I now feel sad to lose it. I'm out of my comfort zone and I'm terrified, I don't want to be fat but I'm scared to be slim - people will start noticing me again, I may even get male attention, I'll be able to shop everywhere. I know for sure that I am going to do this this time - how??? because I'm seeing things with such clarity it's amazing. I didn't gain all of my weight because of my PCOS (hormonal disorder), it'll be the sitting on a couch eating takeaways & big bars of chocolate, stuffing everything in until I felt sick, promising myself that "i'll start tomorrow" - but tomorrow never came.... well it did, but the problem being - I didn't wake up slim. Ironically, it was all the **** I was eating that "made me feel better" which really made me feel awful & made my symptoms 1000x worse than they are now. Denial such a powefrul thing... I truly believe at the time that it was my 'illness' that made me feel like that and not what I was doing to myself.

Like I said, I'm in a strange place - no need to call the men in white coats just yet!!! - but I know I'm going to succeed, it feels different this time, there's no more excuses, there's no blaming other people for my actions. I'm doing this, this is my time to be slim and healthy and do all those things that I've only ever looked on.
I've approached dieting the wrong way all these years - hailed each one as the one that's going to 'fix me' - but they can't they only 'fix' the cosmetics.
I Am going to be a new me - but because of ME - because I'm doing this; I am going to have a new life, because I'm changing it - not because of a diet. And that is the difference this time!

Sorry for the rant, just needed to write things down so I can look back on this in the future! ((U can wake up now LOL!))

Much love, chelle xx

Wow, I've just come across your thread and this last post was so refreshingly honest... you have done incredibly well.

Like I said, I'm in a strange place - no need to call the men in white coats just yet!!! - but I know I'm going to succeed, it feels different this time, there's no more excuses, there's no blaming other people for my actions. I'm doing this, this is my time to be slim and healthy and do all those things that I've only ever looked on.
I've approached dieting the wrong way all these years - hailed each one as the one that's going to 'fix me' - but they can't they only 'fix' the cosmetics.
I Am going to be a new me - but because of ME - because I'm doing this; I am going to have a new life, because I'm changing it - not because of a diet. And that is the difference this time

You know what, I think you WILL do it this time too because you have reached an incredibly difficult point, the point of emotional revelation where you can now totally see what's been going on... am so impressed by you. You have come such a long way and (without being patronising) you are still so young too. Seriously - you are an inspiring influence! Thanks for sharing your feelings so frankly!

Wow, I've just come across your thread and this last post was so refreshingly honest... you have done incredibly well.

You know what, I think you WILL do it this time too because you have reached an incredibly difficult point, the point of emotional revelation where you can now totally see what's been going on... am so impressed by you. You have come such a long way and (without being patronising) you are still so young too. Seriously - you are an inspiring influence! Thanks for sharing your feelings so frankly!

Hi fatfairnforty(ish)
Thanks for ur post. Don't worry, I don't find it patronising - u brought a tear to my eye when u said I'm an inspiring influence - such a beautiful thing to say. I nearly deleted the whole post but am now thankful I decided against deleting :)

I wish u lots of love & luck in ur weightloss journey.
Much love, chelle xx

That was an amazing post. You are going to do it this time, you do know that. I know I am going to do it this time too ;)

It's different from before, finally the mist has cleared :)

Chelle that was an amazingly honest post and you have finally come to the point that weight isn't the issue anymore.. You are HEALTHY and you deserve it!!! you have worked so hard for this. Don't look at yourself being thin look at yourself as being healthy and let others look at the slim you:), let them admire you and let them show an interest in you you have a wonderful husband who you love and enjoy yourself:) You will conquor this and be stronger for it :)

Hello my lovely!

What an amazing girl you are .. and what incredible self-awareness! I only wish I'd had a fraction of your insightfulness when I was your age (not trying to sound like an old granny here, but ... :rolleyes: ). I think if I had done I wouldn't have got to almost 19 stone :( .

I was only saying today to a client who's about your age that I was always known as the 'big girl with the pretty face' and never particularly lacked self-confidence even at my very heaviest. However, I realise now I was wearing my 'fat suit' as a defence mechanism .. almost like daring people to get to know the 'real me' under all that blubber. I felt that if people really took the time and trouble to get to know me despite my size that meant that they REALLY liked me and not just the way I looked. I know now that I was just being silly - and the 'real me' is exactly the same underneath as it's always been .. regardless of what size the outer shell was.

I also think it protected me from unwanted male attention too as I never wanted to be seen just as a 'body'. Again, I now realise that's daft - men were just as attracted to me when I was fat as they might be now (although maybe not so many these days as I'm no spring chicken any longer *lol*).

What I'm trying to say is: don't be frightened of enjoying your new body. It's really nothing to be scared of, and certainly nothing to mourn. Your health will certainly improve as well as your self-image and self-esteem.

I still marvel at my figure now when I catch a glimpse of myself in a shop window or mirror - and can't quite believe that it's me! :eek: But it is me ... exactly the same me I've always been, but just wearing different sized clothes - and loving every minute of it! :D

Fact is, there's nothing to 'fix'. You're not ill - you were just overweight (although that, in itself, can make you ill of course). Being overweight isn't a disease and dieting (whether CD or any other diet) isn't a 'cure'. It's a process to go through to get to the point where you are comfortable in your own skin and let the 'real you' shine through both from the outside as well as the inside :)

Much love darlin

That was an amazing post. You are going to do it this time, you do know that. I know I am going to do it this time too ;)

It's different from before, finally the mist has cleared :)

Hey Kath
Thanks :) Yeh, I was worried it was a bit too honest but it's been very carthartic getting all those thoughts & feelings out. I love what u said "finally the mist has cleared" - I feel maybe a tattoo coming on LOL...

Thanks again xx

Chelle that was an amazingly honest post and you have finally come to the point that weight isn't the issue anymore.. You are HEALTHY and you deserve it!!! you have worked so hard for this. Don't look at yourself being thin look at yourself as being healthy and let others look at the slim you:), let them admire you and let them show an interest in you you have a wonderful husband who you love and enjoy yourself:) You will conquor this and be stronger for it :)

Hiya sam,
Yeh u hit the nail on the head;
"you have finally come to the point that weight isn't the issue anymore"
It's beem staring me in the face all along but only now do I see it for what it is!! As painful a process this is, I never want to return to the land of denial!!

Lots of love for ur weightloss journey - u're doing fab!! xx

Hello my lovely!

What an amazing girl you are .. and what incredible self-awareness! I only wish I'd had a fraction of your insightfulness when I was your age

I realise now I was wearing my 'fat suit' as a defence mechanism .. almost like daring people to get to know the 'real me' under all that blubber. I felt that if people really took the time and trouble to get to know me despite my size that meant that they REALLY liked me and not just the way I looked. I know now that I was just being silly - and the 'real me' is exactly the same underneath as it's always been .. regardless of what size the outer shell was.

I also think it protected me from unwanted male attention too as I never wanted to be seen just as a 'body'. Again, I now realise that's daft - men were just as attracted to me when I was fat as they might be now (although maybe not so many these days as I'm no spring chicken any longer *lol*).

Fact is, there's nothing to 'fix'. You're not ill - you were just overweight (although that, in itself, can make you ill of course). Being overweight isn't a disease and dieting (whether CD or any other diet) isn't a 'cure'. It's a process to go through to get to the point where you are comfortable in your own skin and let the 'real you' shine through both from the outside as well as the inside :)

Much love darlin

Hi Sharon

Yep - u've encapsulated everything I've done in the past!!
Thankfully I've woken up to the possibilities that life doesn't have to be a constant struggle "life is what u make it" - I will presue my singing career; next yr I will be a CDC, will get out of debt and pay for guitar lessons and by 2008 I will be touring. I'm prepared for the hard work... afterall, the ground work has already been set!

Thanks again everyone xxxxxxx

Hi chell HUN how are you today Ive just read your post,it was fab so honest and exactly how I feel at the mo,1 minute really high the next very low???
God knows why?
No seotoen I expect(how do you spell that word lol)
Your doing fab this time and we have to get in our mind this is the LAST TIME we nned to lose alot of weight?

(((((((((big hugs))))))))))

xxc;)

Thankfully I've woken up to the possibilities that life doesn't have to be a constant struggle "life is what u make it" - I will presue my singing career; next yr I will be a CDC, will get out of debt and pay for guitar lessons and by 2008 I will be touring. I'm prepared for the hard work... afterall, the ground work has already been set!

Thanks again everyone xxxxxxx

AND You sing too!!!! Send me a demo cd and I'll see if I can get you a slot in our music festival in 2008!! ;) :D No promises mind, I am outnumbered by men who STILL (despite my best efforts) don't appreciate my taste in music! LOL

13/11/06; The adult in me is in control!!!

55/100

Plant the seed.. the thought grows.........

Weigh in today - and a 1lb gain... what did I really expect when I've been messing about all week???!!! TIME TO GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!
OK, so atm, with this new-found clarity(!!), I've realised that weighloss for me is only the start of things that I need to sort out in my life. Saturday evening was awful - I was beyond bored.. infact, there's not even a name to describe how bored I actually was!!!!! Hubby felt the same too, and he reached for the takeaway menu :eek: - yes, i see the pattern emerging and I stopped him in his tracks - he may well be a skinny mini but that doesn't mean he's healthy which he most certainly isn't! Last night however, was a different story. He wanted that takeaway, and unfortunately
I had one too.......... yes I know, stupid stupid stupid... BUT, I couldn't eat it all, didn't want it all AND gave some of it away :eek: - unheard of for me!!!!!!
No, it wasn't worth the 1lb gain and when I weighed this morning hubby looked sooo upset for me that he's apolgised for keep going on about them - I said no, Im responsible for my own actions I could have said no!!! But I am NOT having anymore!!!

So, just under 3st to provisional target of 10st 7lbs.
2 black coffees down and started on the water. I feel fine, not hungry not upset, I've accepted it and moved on.
I truly admire those people who can stay 100% inabstinence, thats truly amazing. I don't consider anything I've done as a 'blip' - they were all conscious choices that I made myself and they're helped me to realise that I can be satisfied without gorging and I can get straight back to this plan. BUT, when I'm at goal, I don't want to end up using SS as a way to maintain my weight after over indulging - that would begin another cycle of bingeing and purging, so have decided that it's now SS 100% for the remaining 45 days of my challenge, or one of the lesser CD low calorie programmes. It's as black and white as that and I'm very happy with my decision.

SO here's to a good week with a good loss and NO food!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Hi chell
Forget the take away its done and dusted and todays a new week :) You know you can do this and its so hard I fight with my willpower every weekend not to eat,I havent SO FAR but I know its only a matter of time :eek: I am so miserable and bored like you it just is hard.Your not on your own and look at your success so far its amazing ;)
Good luck for your NEW week ahead
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

XXC

Hi chell
Forget the take away its done and dusted and todays a new week :) You know you can do this and its so hard I fight with my willpower every weekend not to eat,I havent SO FAR but I know its only a matter of time :eek: I am so miserable and bored like you it just is hard.Your not on your own and look at your success so far its amazing ;)
Good luck for your NEW week ahead
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

XXC

Hi Hun,

Yeh it's totally forgotten and I've moved on. I've now gotten out of that 'memory like a fish' mentality of how things taste LOL!!
I love ur quote under ur name "needs a life" - oh hun, me too!!!! I thought that when I lose wight, all this will magically change - HELLO???!! Earth to Chelle!!!!!!! Of course it's not going too!!!!!!! I'm still going to be bored UNLESS I make an effort and get a hobby or get off my butt and DO SOMETHING!!!!!!
Thanks for being soo encouraging hun, I'm really fine honestly :)

U're doing great - 100% abstinent, wow!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Chelle, just wanted to say congratulations to your adult for regaining control ;)

You've seen where you went awry, you've assessed it and you've moved on. Gone are the days when that would've totally upturned the apple cart ;)

Look how far you've come - fantastic.

I shall raise a litre of water to you and your next 45 days of success at ss'ing :)

Kath xxxx

AND You sing too!!!! Send me a demo cd and I'll see if I can get you a slot in our music festival in 2008!! ;) :D No promises mind, I am outnumbered by men who STILL (despite my best efforts) don't appreciate my taste in music! LOL

Hiya!!

Yup I sing, write songs and play guitar (in a fashion!) - never had the guts to do it infront of anyone other than my Mum & Hubby. BUT, all that is going to change, oh yes!!! Definately getting my voice and playing tweeked next yr and sure I'll send a demo - but I suspect it'll be mid next yr as I've got alot of work & tweeking to do!!!

Hope u're ok!
Much love, chelle xx

thanks for taking the time to post on my thread chelle.. I decided to come have a nose at yours and found out truely how great you are! The post you made about losing your weight and your comfort feels all too familiar with many of us. Looking back I too always felt so big when infact I was a size 12 most of my teen years, size 12! I'd die for that now.

I like the ay you think and express your self, it's all about control and not looking around to blame others/circumstances. I beleive how you talk is powerful and will either help you along this road or stop you dead in your tracks.. so I am going to do this, I will carry on losing this weight until I am happy.

Thanks again Chelle for giving me the added inspiration I needed.
Gemma x

thanks for taking the time to post on my thread chelle.. I decided to come have a nose at yours and found out truely how great you are! The post you made about losing your weight and your comfort feels all too familiar with many of us. Looking back I too always felt so big when infact I was a size 12 most of my teen years, size 12! I'd die for that now.

I like the way you think and express your self, it's all about control and not looking around to blame others/circumstances. I beleive how you talk is powerful and will either help you along this road or stop you dead in your tracks.. so I am going to do this, I will carry on losing this weight until I am happy.

Thanks again Chelle for giving me the added inspiration I needed.
Gemma x

Oh hun, thanks soo much for that - such a sweet message, thankyou!
We always put too much pressure on ourselves; if we have break/binge/whatever we feel like we've failed - wrong!! I was always the "i'll start tomorrow" girl but never actually started. I've realised small steps make all the difference, and to recognise that behaviour ingrained doesn't reprogramme over-night... it's a long process BUT it's achievable.
Keep intouch hun

Much love, chelle xx

Back