Green Day thread. ..

Coffee
Chewy bar
Pasta & passata

Tried blueberries. . Was sick. . Not fun.. More bland stuff for this week I think.. got mushy peas for later in week... Fancy chips with those!

Today's food

Lunch - homemade beetroot hummus (2 syns for the tahini), carrots, cucumber, celery, apple, grapes and toasted pitta (HEB + 1 syn)

Tea - cauli, olive and almond spaghetti (1/2 HEB + 1.5 syns) and salad
Supper - marmite on toast (HEB)
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), banana and french fries (4 syns)

Todays menu:
B - 35g Blueberry wheats and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk, unsweetend (HEB and part HEA)
S - 2 bananas
L - 2 slices wholemeal from 400g loaf with syn-free roasted pepper and chilli houmous, mixed baby leaves and rocket with 5g seed sprinkles (1.5 syns) and 1 tbsp balsamic dressing (1 syn), 100g Alpro Soya vanilla yogurt and chopped strawberries (1.5 syn)
S - Apple and grape snack bag
D - Tofu curry with onions, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, chilli, garlic and peas (3 syns) with bombay potatoes and 2 spicy pappadums (4 syns) with 1 tbsp mango chutney (2 syns)
200ml Koko coconut milk with chocolate
Todays syns: 13​

Todays eats:
B - 2 Weetabix with chopped banana and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk (HEB and part HEA)
S - 2 bananas
L - 2 slices wholemeal from 400g loaf with red roasted pepper and chilli houmous (HEB), baby leaf and rocket salad with 5g seed sprinkles (1.5 syns) and 1 tbsp balsamic dressing (1 syn), 100g Alpro Soya vanilla yogurt with chopped strawberries (1.5 syns)
S - Pineapple finger
D - Mock duck pitta with mixed peppers, onions and fajita spice (6 syns), sweet potato fries and spicy BBQ beans
200ml Koko coconut milk with chocolate
Total syns: 10

Ooh a green thread, cool! I'll be on green days too. What is this mock duck I've seen posted?

Granovita Mock Duck - H&B stock it, completely free on SW (it's basically seitan which is wheat gluten formed to look like meat) - haven't tried Mock Duck yet but the seitan I've had previously is really yummy so hoping it will be yummy!

Granovita Mock Duck - H&B stock it, completely free on SW (it's basically seitan which is wheat gluten formed to look like meat) - haven't tried Mock Duck yet but the seitan I've had previously is really yummy so hoping it will be yummy!

Ah okay thanks! Will have a look and see what its like.

Ooh a green thread, cool! I'll be on green days too. What is this mock duck I've seen posted?
You get it from Holland & Barrett in a tin, quite expensive £2 a tin but I get 2 meals out of it. It's gluten basically, it's syn free and is quite versatile. You can add it to stews, curries, stir fries or sometimes I drain it and crisp it under the grill and have it in a pitta with sweet chilli sauce.
HB062253_R_H200W000.jpg

You get it from Holland & Barrett in a tin, quite expensive £2 a tin but I get 2 meals out of it. It's gluten basically, it's syn free and is quite versatile. You can add it to stews, curries, stir fries or sometimes I drain it and crisp it under the grill and have it in a pitta with sweet chilli sauce.
View attachment 99890

Great, thanks. I'll definitely have a try, the pitta sounds nice.

I can report that the Mock Duck is really tasty - not too much of a meaty kind of taste but is closer than say Quorn is. Will be buying more in future and making my own once I get some seitan quick fix mix!

Ooo I keep meaning to buy some mock duck! Sounds DELISH :) xxx

My meals for today, splurged out on a nice pud, celebrating my loss :)

Breakfast - Banana once weighed
Lunch - LM sausage, grilled tomato, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, beans and either potato cake (1.5 syns) or SW chips
Tea - Roasted tomato, fennel and beans, haslett potatoes and veg followed by vegan bread & butter pudding (4 syns + 1/2 HEA + HEB), with homemade vegan choc ice cream (2.5 syns)
Supper - marmite on toast (HEB)
Snacks - protein shake (1 syn + HEA)

I can report that the Mock Duck is really tasty - not too much of a meaty kind of taste but is closer than say Quorn is. Will be buying more in future and making my own once I get some seitan quick fix mix!
Where do you get you seitan quick fix mix from please? Never thought of making my own

Where do you get you seitan quick fix mix from please? Never thought of making my own

VeganStore online sell it hun, apparently it doubles in weight, 1kg is only £4.89 :-D going to do another order soon, can also highly recommend the Soya Steaks that they sell, they're free on SW, tasty and absolutely huge once rehydrated (I just use stock and some marmite and herbs) - I split one for a main meal for the two of us :-D

You guys are full of wonderful ideas :)

Gonna try the soya steak thanks.

Today
Lemon water
Coffee & water
Tea : wholemeal roll , mushrooms & redwood rashers

todays food

Breakfast- quinoa & couscous porridge (1/2 HEA) with sultanas (1.5 syns) and frozen berries
Tea - veg & bean casserole, might have some mushy peas with it and will probably add some curry spices so it's a little different
Lunch for work- hummus and tomato sandwiches (2 HEB and 3 syns) mixed salad with pickles and olives (1 syn) and apple
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), french fries (4 syns)

Which protein shake do you use?

VeganStore online sell it hun, apparently it doubles in weight, 1kg is only £4.89 :-D going to do another order soon, can also highly recommend the Soya Steaks that they sell, they're free on SW, tasty and absolutely huge once rehydrated (I just use stock and some marmite and herbs) - I split one for a main meal for the two of us :-D
Thanks, I will have a look. There's only me who's vegan the OH and the kids are meat eaters so anything that's dried or has a long shelf life is a plus so I don't waste money

Which protein shake do you use?
I use Holland & Barrett's isolate soya protein, vegan friendly :)

Thanks, I will have a look. There's only me who's vegan the OH and the kids are meat eaters so anything that's dried or has a long shelf life is a plus so I don't waste money

I use Holland & Barrett's isolate soya protein, vegan friendly :)

The boxes of Soya Steaks have a good couple of years on the date, you get 4 in a box, I just rehydrate them and then whack them in the oven for a bit until they start to crisp up :-D The store also sell The Vegg - I got two packets but haven't tried it yet

The vegg is quite good for making things taste like egg, I make scrambled Vegg (tofu and the vegg), the french toast I had the other day was made with it as well and I put a bit in the bread & butter pudding I made last night, it is also good as a runny yolk with breakfast :). I find Orgran No Egg better for baking, I have used it to make cakes.

Back