GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

now we know how they are so skinny
so smaller plates are the order of the day then
and I notice there is no thickening in the soup either

so did you enjoy your weetabix for breakfast :)

Your food looks amazing! All that bok choi <3

Hope you're enjoying the weetabix too! x

THURSDAY 7TH MARCH

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix - soya milk - fruit - HEX A - HEX B

LUNCH
Yellow Pepper and Greens Tortilla with Salad and Yoghurt and spices dressing - 1 SYN
Banana and Melon

5-PEPPERANDSPINACHTORTILLAampSALAD_zps34fa5ef5.jpg

DINNER
Chickpea and Veggies with Noodles and Beansprouts
Apple

NOODLESWITHCHICKPEAS_zps84a8a974.jpg

TOTAL
HEX A - HEX B - SYNS - Dressing 1 - 2 Chocolate Drinks - 5 = TOTAL 6 SYNS

STEPS 18,354 - 487 cals - 9.72km.

Last edited:
That tortilla looks lovely! You're straight back to the SW way of eating - fab to see :)

Hi, I thought I'd come and look at your diary ... your spiring rolls look very good indeed. Is that a standard sring roll pastry sheet around the outside? And it's worth 1 syn?

now we know how they are so skinny
so smaller plates are the order of the day then
and I notice there is no thickening in the soup either

so did you enjoy your weetabix for breakfast :)

Just tried to multi-quote here but not working :confused:

No, no thickener in the soup and it was very nice - I actually drank the last of it in a tea-cup. When I looked at the crockery in this apartment I wondered where the dinner plates were. My hubby bought himself a large plate when we went shopping but I am making do with what is here, looks alot when I put out my meal.
The Weetabix was ok, a bit sloppy but it will do for now - I do like my porridge :)

Last edited:
That tortilla looks lovely! You're straight back to the SW way of eating - fab to see :)

Thank you. I have had to do it before I go up a size, which I don't want to do.

Although the Weetabix cost an arm and a leg the bok choy costs 15p for 2 large portions and 4 spinach for the same money so it's swings and roundabouts. Bought some Laughing Cow triangles and baked beans today and didn't bother looking at the price (or I probably would not have bought them) but I really fancy cauliflower cheese and jackets.

Hope you are feeling more positive today :bighug:

Ihave to say I am a porridge girl too

your food is looking amazing you seem to be doing so well sw wise - must take some thinking about - which just shows your determination to do it
H xx

FRIDAY 8TH FEB

BREAKFAST
CEREAL - FRUIT - SOYA MILK --HEX A - HEX B

LUNCH
Bought these mushrooms for about £1.50 and they had a bag with 5 spice, fennel, coriander seeds and cinnamon sticks in it & chilli, onion and garlic.

10MIXEDMUSHROOMS_zps8b3fc2eb.jpg

Mushrooms and Yellow Pepper and 50 gms Toast - HEX B - 1SYN for a little thickener .
Strawberries, Mango, Pineapple and Papaya with Yoghurt - 1 SYN

7-MIXEDMUSHROOMSWITHPEPPERSANDTOAST_zps8d1e6b6c.jpg

8-STRAWBERRIES-MANGO-PINEAPPLE-PAPAYA_zps3f688025.jpg

DINNER
Cauliflower, Brocolli and Squash Risotto with Fennel and Garlic Greens - Spicy Tofu - 1 SYN for oil

9-SPICYTOFU-BROCOLLICAULIFLOWERANDSQUASHRISOTTOFENNELGARLICANDMUSTARDSEEDGREENS_zps099502b8.jpg

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 1 HEXB - OIL, YOGHURT & THICKENER 3 HOT CHOC DRINK 7.5 - TOTAL = 10.5

18.948 STEPS - 460 CALS - 9.51 KMS.

your food is looking amazing and all those steps you must be walking for most of the day

:D Think those last 2 were the exception - haven't done as many on Sat and Sun as we have some new freebies on our Kindles.

Could I please have the recipe for your pasta spinach sauce. I looked through your pages but can't seem to find it. Thanks.

its ever so easy

mushooms (cut down through to look like trees) dry fry them
when they are done add in handfuls of spinach just to wilt
then stir through 0% greek yog (or ff from fraiche or quark or similar)
then stir through some low fat philly type cheese
add plenty of pepper and stir through pasta of your choice I like tagliatelli
add salt if you need to I never use it

you can add in any other veggies you like so strips of pepper etc but cook them in the order they need like doing a stirfry

for meat eaters have cooked some chicken pieces or crumbles crispy bacon - of both to sprinkle on top or stir through

sorry there are no weights but its one of those made up things that depends on how much of what is in the fridge at the time
add some parmesan (veggie) if you want it - I prefer it with that

That sounds good - onto my must have list. Thanks very much.
I am another that does not use salt, can't stand the taste of it, you can put it on but not take it out.

Shopping again!! Just found Laughing Cow triangles in Paprika, Mushroom and Mixed Herb flavours - new or have I missed something?

SATURDAY 9TH MARCH

BREAKFAST
CEREAL ETC - HEX A - HEX B

LUNCH
Last nights left over Risotto with baked beans
Fruit and Yoghurt - 1 SYN

13-LEFTOVERRISOTTOANDBEANS_zpsa2418307.jpg

Don't know what kind of beans they use here but they were BIG !!!

DINNER
Spicy Lentils and Spinach - Rice - 2 small Boiled Eggs - 1 SYN for oil
Banana and Apple

15-LENTILSANDGREENSWITHRICEANDBOILEDEGGS_zpsb9914330.jpg

TOTAL - HEX A - HEX B - SYNS - 1 each for Yoghurt and Oil - 7.5 for Chocolate Drinks. Total 9.5

10.004 STEPS - 267 CALS - 5.30KMS.

with eggs on that plate it does put their size into more of a perspective - small is the right word :):)

you are doing so well sticking with slimming world and appear to be finding good food choices :)

Hi, I thought I'd come and look at your diary ... your spiring rolls look very good indeed. Is that a standard sring roll pastry sheet around the outside? And it's worth 1 syn?

Went down to the shop today to make sure what they are made from - the lady was making them and they are rice that is ground with water then poured, with great expertise - onto a cloth, swirled round and steamed. The filling is greens, carrot, mint and lemon balm, a little shredded soya and scrambled tofu.
And they are very nice too.

with eggs on that plate it does put their size into more of a perspective - small is the right word :):)

you are doing so well sticking with slimming world and appear to be finding good food choices :)

Just measured the plate and it is 9" - they look so small when they are empty but have got used to them now and am going to buy one that size when I get home instead of using the dustbin lid I eat from now :eek:

The pink Ikea ones I like are not that big but think I was putting too much on them, hopefully will have learned to cut my portion size down. Last night did not want any rice with dinner and ate the salad in 2 sittings.
Unless we go to the big supermarket (that's where the walking comes in) there are no temptations as we are in an area full of restaurants (all meat) and one convenience shop which I would not set foot in again due to its greatly inflated prices and there is nothing indoors other that fruit for me to pick at.

Forgot to measure the soup plate - that is only 8" across the plate and 6" where the food fits :eek:

they are small but obviously looks like a lot of food in the photos and we eat with our sight and smell before we even get food to our mouth so they will work

I have a square plate with a lip and I do try to only use the inner section - I have never measured it but might do so later just to see
my ikea plates are just slightly curved so you can fill them to the edge and for some reason I tend too = that is why I got the smaller square on - now I must remember to not pile it all up - I dont but it might creep in

I have to go to the doctors today and am thinking I might walk there but its so cold here - its the wind chill that is making it seem so cold at -7 althought its actually 0 and it is snowing gently

I think I will give it an hour and see what the weather does shortly

you food does look lovely but today I need comfort food so will be cooking veggie lasagne and will have a jp and beans for lunch can make all that for no syns and have a healthy a of parmesan (veggie of course :) ) oh just need to syn the cornflour - nearly forgot that

I imagine its nice and warm where you are and you are in tee shirts while I am layering up :):) cant wait for teeshirt weather

Back