GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

hope all is going well
sorry for lack of visits but been in a bad place - back on form today though :):)

Back again - had an op on my wrist which meant I have had 10 weeks laid up with large cast on my arm. No exercise - drinking wine and eating cheese sandwiches is not a good thing to do.
So back to SW today as the cast is removed and I can go to Aqua today and start some walking - done some cooking for the first time in weeks which is good.
Back in Spain for a few weeks until next hospital appointment.

Welcome back :D

Hope your wrist is ok. It's weird getting a cast taken off, everything feels weird!!

Enjoy Spain :D x

Thank you very much - had to come back before things got worse :( You are still going well - will read through your diary later when OH is washing up - still getting out of that as I have a metal support which I can only take off when I go swimming and can't find a rubber glove large enough to go over it - that is my story and sticking too it.:D

Barbette - hi again - another one doing really well - all those stickers both of you. I should get them for going the other way - not.
Cheekychinchilla - read quite a bit of it last night that is why I know who Barbette is (was) blimey what a time of it you have had - hope you get things sorted soon.

Trying to sort out how this works with photos as I have forgotten although not going to put many on as I brought a new Samsung Galaxy pad with me and have not quite mastered the photo thing yet and our internet connection does not include wifi so too much faffing about. Much prefer the camera but did not bring it with us as we flew over - the first time in many years as we usually drive here - so was limited with luggage and thought I would use the pad instead. Spanish internet is really rubbish, very slow and very expensive - cost us £52 a month for dongle connection and no wi fi :sigh:

Anyway really in the right frame of mind to do this now so here goes. :)

Nothing to do with SW really but Rosemary Conley - she is based in Leicestershire near to where we lived and I still watch local news. They have just had a big item on about her going into Administration and she was talking about the business and how hard it was to maintain it these days. She spent loads of money starting her TV station which has not worked out. She is now looking for backing but can't see that happening any time soon but says the classes will continue (but for how long?)
When I lived over there Rosemary Conley classes were everywhere and now all I see is SW banners outside all the church halls etc.seem SW is the one taking over. Funnily enough was talking to a friend yesterday who said her daughter had switched to RC from SW as the classes were better as they do exercise afterwards and they have brilliant consultants.
I did RC at home when I lost my "big" weight and do like her cookery books and still read her online site which is very good even when you are not a member - loads of exercise vids and recipes which are all free. I do wish her well and hope she sorts it out.

1 - MONDAY PUD.JPG

This is my new favourite pud - 2 Aldi Benefit bars as a base - quark, a little sweetener and fruit layered in a mold. hex b for the bars.
The bars are back in stock now after not being there for weeks - Michelle2014 on Aldi thread in Syn Values forum.
You can add a 40 cals choc drink sachet for 2 syns but I would rather drink my chocolate.

Last edited:
MONDAY 3RD FEB

BREAKFAST - Porridge - Fruit - Yogurt -- HEX B

LUNCH - Mixed Vegetable Soup with added Kidney Beans
Benefit Bar Pud (as above) HEX B for bars

SNACK - Apple

DINNER - Butternut Squash and Spinach Cannelloni with Salad HEX A for Cheese
Cold Rice with Banana and Yogurt (flavoured 1/2 syn)

HEX A - 1 - HEX B 2 -- SYNS - chocolate drinks 4 -- yogurt 1/2 = 4 and half

Walk to Gym -- 2 kms
3/4 hour easy Aqua Class .... 2.5 kms on Treadmill --- absolutely cream crackered - first day back.

Last edited:
Hey!
Wow, well done for reading a lot of my diary. You deserve a reward for that lol!!

Where about in Spain are you? £52 a month for internet is insane!!!

We've got an Aldi being built less than 5mins walk from my house so will be looking for Aldi recommendations soon :D I did check one out just before Christmas, looking for their award winning mince pies that were sold out *sulk* I spent the whole time going to my Mum "Look how cheap this is!!" Lol. xx

Your pudding looks amazing :) And your food sounds so nice, and all that exercise I've not done much for ages.
I can't believe that the internet is so much over there :(
It's such a pity about Rosemary Conley, she's been doing it for years and I've heard her groups are good, I used to have loads of her cook books. It would be a real shame if she went under after all the work she's put in over the years.
I hope you've had a good day x x x

Aldi is brilliant - there is a thread in the syns section -- http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/324349-aldi-shopping-thread.html ---- you will have to have a read through it and note them down. Michelle2014 is a manager there so you can ask her questions. On Christmas Eve my OH and Son went to Aldi because they had forgotten the mushrooms and they were just reducing all the veg to daft prices so we ended up with loads of stuff and they had to cook and freeze lots of it as I had my cast on and could not do anything. :D
The Benefit Bars are like Alpen but £1.19 for 6 instead of £2 and are the same size and are nice.

We are on Costa del Sol near to Malaga - we have had a place in Spain for over 20 years but are usually only here in the Summer - this is the first time since the Millenium we have been here in the Winter - then we are usually in Asia but due to my arm we couldn't go. We were gob smacked when they told us how much the internet was - when we were here in August it was only half that price. We have also heard tonight that our UK TV is going off on Thursday, been expecting it but not so soon (due to satellite moving) so will get my monies worth out of internet until we leave.

TUESDAY 4TH FEB

BREAKFAST - PORRIDGE - FRUIT AND YOGURT --- HEX B

LUNCH - LEFT OVER VEG AND KIDNEY BEAN SOUP
S.F. JELLY - FRUIT - YOGURT --

SNACK - RYVITA - CHEESE - SALAD - MAYO ---- HEX A & B

DINNER - RED KIDNEY BEAN CURRY - EGG CURRY - SPICY CAULIFLOWER AND POTATOES (ALOO GHOBI)

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Chocolate Drinks - 4 - Oil for curry 6 - Jelly 1/2 - Mayo 1 - Total 11

STEPS --- ​WALK TO CARREFOUR - 8932 STEPS --- WALK TO LIDL 5011 -- TOTAL = 13, 943 STEPS

WEDNESDAY 5TH FEBRUARY - Rain all day today and it was only 8c when I got up - not the kind of weather I want :)

1-SPINACHANDPOTATOTORTILLA-HOMEMADEROLLS-30GMSCHEESEONEACH-APPLEANDCARROTCOLESLAW-SALAD.jpg

WEDNESDAY 5TH FEBRUARY

BREAKFAST - LARGE BOWL OF MIXED FRUIT AND YOGURT

LUNCH - VEG TORTILLA - ROLL - SALAD - APPLE AND CARROT COLESLAW - CHEESE --- 2 HEX A AND 2 HEX B

DINNER - AS ABOVE WITH GARLIC MUSHROOMS AND LEFT OVER ALOO GHOBI

COOKED RICE - BANANA - YOGURT.

Whilst I was at the gym my OH made a dozen 60gms wholemeal rolls so I made a potato, spinach and pea tortilla from which I cut 2 circles to fit the rolls and topped them with melted cheese. Made coleslaw from grated apple and carrot and put them on a plate with some salad to eat for lunch and afternoon snack. Did not eat the 2nd roll so had it for Dinner with some garlic mushrooms and left over spicy potatoes and spinach.

TOTALS - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - HOT CHOCOLATE 6 - MAYO 2 = 8 SYNS

STEPS - 7365 TO GYM - 5601 WALK. TOTAL - 12,966 STEPS PLUS AQUA CLASS

Last edited:
Sorry - didn't know it was your fasting day - let me know next time and I will put it up the next day. :D

Back