GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Your food always looks amazing, missed drooling over the pictures :D I'm quite lazy when just cooking for myself, I make lovely tasting food but just plonk it on the plate ha ha ha ha.
All the exercise you do makes me want to run around or do something energetic x x x

You have some amazing recipes on here. Hope you don't mind me subscribing :)

Hi - welcome - not so many photos at the moment as I did not bring my camera to Spain with me but will do when I get the hang of the IPad

Did 3/4 hour stretch class and 1 hours Pilates yesterday - just been to make breakfast and could hardly bend down to get the porridge out of the cupboard, will have to move it up to hand level. :D

Hahaha don't be daft! My family sat with me eating a home made Quorn bolognaise. Luckily no garlic bread or I might have killed someone :p

Besides, I watched an ep of Britain's Best Bakery before :rolleyes: xx

Been to Fuengirola shopping today and rushed back to watch this weeks final of the Best Bakery - like this better than Bake Off.
Going to russle up something to eat as I have just watch the others eating fish and chips so am starving so it looks like cheese and ryvita and salad etc quick quick quick

I hope you eased up a bit since this morning. It's awful when people sit there and eat naughty food in front of you especially when you're hungry :( The lads at work quite often get takeaways and chomp on chocolate, I go for a wonder when they do so I don't have to smell and see it ha ha ha ha x x

THURSDAY 6TH FEB

BREAKFAST - porridge - fruit and yogurt - hex b

LUNCH - 2 boiled eggs - salad - grated apple and carrot - tub cottage cheese

Jelly - fruit and yogurt

DINNER - lentil cottage pie with peppers and mushrooms plus cauliflower and broccoli - gravy
banana - rice - yogurt

SNACK - 2 Benefit bars - Hex B

TOTAL - 2 HEX B - SYNS - yogurt 1/2 - 2 chocolate drinks 4 - gravy 2 = 6.5

STEPS 11,064 STEPS PLUS 3/4 HOUR STRETCH CLASS - 1 HOUR PILATES

Last edited:
Been messing about for ages trying to get the bigger photos on like I did before but it does not want to play - will only accept the thumbnail ones now.

Was trying with this photo - the better class of Primark carrier bag here in Spain - still paper and still falls to bits in the rain but nicer writing. :D:D

PRIMARK FUENGIROLA.JPG

FRIDAY 7TH FEBRUARY

BREAKFAST - PORRIDGE - FRUIT - YOGURT - HEX B

LUNCH - BROCCOLI - SWEET POTATO AND POTATO SOUP AND ROLL - HEX B PLUS A BANANA

SOUP RECIPE
1 Carrot - 2 Sticks of Celery - 1 onion ---- I tend to start all my soup recipes off with these 3 veg.
Head of Broccoli including the peeled stalk - sweet potato and an ordinary potato (only because it was the only one in the box - usually not there)
Stock cube and salt and pepper.

Chop all the veg and put it in a pan with the stock cube and enough water to cook it then simmer until veg is cooked. Take the green bits only of the broccoli and put to one side whilst the rest of the veg goes in a blender or food processor (or use a stick blender) along with some of the stock and salt and pepper to taste. Blend then check on the thickness of the soup and add more of the stock to make it just a little thinner you like it. Now add the broccoli bits to the blender and give it a quick whiz so that the broccoli is just chopped and still has a bit of texture.
I cook mine in a pressure cooker and don't really measure anything because what is left goes in the freezer or we eat it the next day.
If there is any stock left over I usually drink it !!!

BROCCOLI - SWEET POTATO - POTATO SOUP AND ROLL.JPG

Easy and quick meal after shopping

DINNER - 2 BOILED EGGS - 3 RYVITA - CHEESE TRIANGLES HEX A - PICKLE - SALAD

JELLY - FRUIT - YOGURT

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 3 RYVITA 4.5 - PICKLE 1.5 - YOGURT 1/2 - 2 CHOCOLATE DRINKS 4 --- TOTAL 10.5 SYNS

STEPS - 17,284 PLUS 45 MINUTES AQUA - (10,000 of the steps whilst shopping in Fuengirola)

Last edited:
Looks like I have sorted the photo size out - used this one for the test.
Home made rolls with spinach, potato and pea tortilla with melted cheese, apple and carrot coleslaw and salad.

1-SPINACHANDPOTATOTORTILLA-HOMEMADEROLLS-30GMSCHEESEONEACH-APPLEANDCARROTCOLESLAW-SALAD.jpg

Last edited:
The soup looks really yummy, have you got the recipe please?
I love the chocolates in your signature :D x x x

I will edit the pic and put the recipe underneath. I love those choccies too - reminder not to eat them or make me want to eat them - can't decide which yet :D

Oooh that looks nice :D The chocolate pics in your sig however :Na_Na_Na_Na:

I love your plates. Very posh ;) x

I buy my plates in Ikea -don't call them very posh :D The soup bowl and plate are from M & S everyday stuff - had them for about 2 years

SATURDAY 8TH FEB

BREAKFAST

Porridge - fruit - yogurt - hex b

LUNCH

Broccoli and cheese soup with roll - hex a and hex b

Cold rice with yogurt and fruit

1-BROCCOLIANDCHEESESOUP.jpg

DINNER

Spinach, potato and cheese pie - asparagus - cauliflower steak - hex a for cheese

1-SPINACHPOTATOANDCHEESEPIE-ASPARAGUSANDCAULIFLOWERSTEAK-1.jpg

Recipes later

TOTAL - 2 hex A - 2 hex B - syns - yogurt 1/2 - chocolate drinks 4 - oil 3 - total 7.5

STEPS - 10,211 - no gym today

BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - You can use Broccoli or Cauliflower - Serves 2 large portions - (if any left I freeze it or eat next day). HEX A each portion.

1 Medium Carrot
2 Sticks Celery
1 Onion
Head of Broccoli with the stalk peeled - or use Cauliflower
Stock Cube - Salt and Pepper

60gms Strong Grated Cheese - you can use any kind of cheese including Laughing Cow Blue Cheese triangles.

Cut up all the veg and put it in a pan along with stock cube and use enough liquid to cook it. Simmer until all veg is cooked. ( I use a pressure cooker )
Put in blender and blend until smooth, adding as much liquid as you need to make it as thick or thin as you like - check for salt and pepper. Don't throw away any of the stock that is left - drink it!!!
Add the grated cheese to the blender, leaving a little to sprinkle on the top.

SPINACH - POTATO AND CHEESE PIE Serves 2 ... HEX A per portion for cheese

4 Medium Potatoes
2 Hands full of frozen Spinach
1 Onion - 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 large Eggs
60gms grated Strong Cheese.
Stock cube and salt and pepper

I steamed the potatoes and the spinach (along with the cauliflower steak and asparagus) and left them to cool. Squeeze any water out of the cooked spinach when it is cool.
Cooked the sliced onion, stock cube and garlic in the microwave with water to cover until the onion was soft and the liquid was syrupy.

Mix the potatoes, spinach and onions together and put into a casserole dish. Whisk the eggs with the cheese and salt and pepper and pour over the veg.

Place in oven at 180 c until it is cooked and golden. Took about 30 mins.

CAULIFLOWER STEAK - 2 syns for oil
Large thick cauliflower steak cut from across middle of cauliflower - start the cut to the left of the middle making it about 2.5" thick
1 tsp oil or a good spray of real oil to cook the spices
mix of fennel powder, mango powder and pepper - or use any spices you like - probably tsp on each side of steak

Steam the cauliflower and leave to cool. Sprinkle with spices.
Put half the oil in a non-stick pan and heat then put the cauliflower steak, spices side down, into the pan and cook for a minute until the cauliflower has browned. Add the other half of the oil, sprinkle the top side of the cauliflower with more spices then turn over and cook the other side. You can put it in the oven to re-heat if you have anything else in the there or put it in the microwave to heat through.

Last edited:
They are really tasty - as was the cauliflower steak. It is quite a while since we had those steaks but cauliflowers (and broccoli) are cheap here at the moment, paid about 60p each for a couple of enormous ones yesterday so will figure on the menu quite a bit this week.:)

Never tried doing cauli steaks, may have to give it a whirl :) you start your soup the way I would start any sauce/soup with the onion, celery and carrot the holy trinity. I'm definitely going to make broccoli soup on Tuesday. Thank you for sharing your recipes x x.

Back