GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

systema

Calorie Counting

GREEN DAYS

Started in earnest Friday 18th May. Looking after MIL at the moment who has a very small fridge and freezer so meals will be repeated as I hate to waste food. Veggie not for ethical choice but have Crohns and feel better if I don't eat meat but am living with 2 meat eaters at the moment so have to cook for them.
So here goes.

FRIDAY 18TH MAY 2012

Breakfast - 35gms porridge (HEX B) fruit - yoghurt - seeds (3 1/2 syns)

LUNCH

Chickpea, potato and tomato soup and toast (HEX B)
Sugar free jelly mousse and fruit 1/2 syn

DINNER
Jacket potato with beans, cheese and salad (HEX A)
Garlic Mushrooms and greens.

SYNS - 2 Cadburys Highlists 4 1 in potato as it was shop bought plus seeds 3 1/2 Pudding 1/2 = 9

BREAKFASTPORRIDGE.jpg

CHICKPEAPOTATOANDTOMATOSOUP.jpg

MOUSSEANDFROZENBERRIES.jpg

Jacketpotatobeansandsalad.jpg

GARLICGREENSANDMUSHROOMS.jpg

Last edited:
SATURDAY 19TH MAY 2012

Porridge as usual 1 HEX B 3 1/2 syns

LUNCH

Veggie Pho - mushrooms, greens, chickpeas, rice noodles, bean sprouts, spring onions, mint and basil - in photo

Mousse and fruit 1/2 syn

DINNER

Home made veggie lasagne with salad - roast mixed veg with tomato sauce, a layer of whizzed up chickpeas, pasta and cheese sauce made with cornflour and soya milk and cheese. 2 HEX A

SYNS - 2 Highlights 4 --- seeds 3 1/2 --- cornflour 2 --- pudding 1 (portion too big!!!) 10 1/2

BLACKBERRYPORRIDGE.jpg

INGREDIENTSFORPHO.jpg

PHO-VEGGIESTYLE.jpg

FRUITANDSUGARFREEJELLYMOUSSE.jpg

VEGGIELASAGNEANDSALAD.jpg

Last edited:
SUNDAY 20th

BREAKFAST - porridge HEX B fruit - yoghurt - seeds syns 3 1/2

LUNCH
Pho - again - but it is one of my favourite lunches.
mousse and fruit 1/2 syn

Apple Ryvita (HEX B) Cheese (HEX A)

DINNER
Was Sunday lunch for others so I had a big bowl of veggies with cheese sauce and gravy - no photo - not very interesting!!! (HEX A)

SYNS - Highlights 4 --- seeds 3 1/2 ------ = 7 1/2

Pholunchandafternoonsnack.jpg

Just got the bargain of the month. Walked into town to get the 10,000 steps in and called in Oxfam book shop (can't walk past it actually :)) and there was a brand new Food Optomising book waving to me. It was 2.99 - never been opened.
As all my SW stuff is at home and we may be here for a few weeks so had to buy it!!!

MONDAY 20th May

Porridge - fruit, yoghurt and seeds HEX B and 3 1/2 syns

LUNCH

Pizza Soup and Toast ----- 1HEX A - cheese ---- HEX B for bread - photo ingredients serves 2
Mousse and fruit ----- 1/2 syn

DINNER
Cauliflower Curry ---- Black-eyed bean and pepper curry and rice ----- 4 syns for oil

3 Highlight drinks 6 -- 4 for oil --- 1/2 for pud --- and 3 1/2 for seeds. 14 syns

PIZZASOUPING.jpg

PIZZASOUPANDTOAST.jpg

CAULIFLOWERCURRYANDBLACKEYEBEANANDPEPPERCURRY.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow, your meals look amazing, thanks for posting all the pics up yum, I too am mainly green days but I am a pescatarian so eat fish too :)

Thank you - I post the pictures because I said to myself if I photograph everything I eat and put it in the diary it will stop me eating rubbish or will have to put it on here :eek:

Yes I eat toast dry - and bread - not bought any spread type stuff for years as I don't like the feel of it in my mouth but sometimes have Vegemite. If people come to stay with us they have to buy their own !!!
Had to get OH to show me how to do the photos and I still have to use the crib sheet.

TUESDAY 22ND MAY

BREAKFAST
Porridge with fruit and yoghurt - no seeds today as I may need the syns later - MIL birthday so there may be alcohol involved HEX B

LUNCH
Spit yellow pea soup with spinach and veg left from meat-eaters tea last night and toast HEX B
mousse and fruit - again - but it is nice. 1/2 syn

DINNER
Vegan son came for tea so had - Vegan Lentil loaf with home made ratatouille and jacket potato.
Never made it before but it turned out ok - lentils mixed with onions, mushrooms, spinach and Engiveta yeast - lined bottom of a loaf tin and put it up the sides then filled it with spicy mashed potato, coriander and breadcrumbs and put more lentil mix on top. Baked in oven.

2 HEX B SYNS Pud 1/2 -- bread crumbs 2 --- oil 2 ----- Highlights 6 --- 10 1/2 --
no alcohol involved so syns saved.

YELLOWSPLITPEAANDVEGSOUP.jpg

ate the toast before I took the photo!!!

COOKEDLENTILLOAF.jpg

when it came out of the oven

LENTILLOAF-RATATOUILLE-JACKETPOTATO.jpg

I too dont bother with spread on bread although its rare I eat it. food looks AMAZING looking forward to following for some new ideas :)

Thank you.

Don't have many books with me here as they are at home but will do some internet reading. Curry tomorrow I think - my meat eaters will eat that.

Ooh a new green diary and even better - one with pictures!! Your food looks fantastic, you look like a pro. Will look forward to checking in and see how you're doing. Good luck x

Mmm subscribing! :) What is that pink stuiff in the breakfast? is it more yoghurt on top of some porridge, or something youve done with the porridge? Looks fab, Id like to try that! :)

Depending on what is in the freezer the lighter one is raspberries and the darker one is blackberries whizzed up. I have said before that I don't count whizzed up fruit as syns because I was having them anyway - will see how it goes. Don't usually mess about with SW plan but this is my "soapbox" thingy (there is also half an apple in there as well !!)
Thanks for looking at the dairy - enjoy reading all your posts and looking at your diary.

Ooh a new green diary and even better - one with pictures!! Your food looks fantastic, you look like a pro. Will look forward to checking in and see how you're doing. Good luck x

Thank you - you are welcome.
It probably helps that I don't go to work and have more time than other people to spend cooking.

Last edited:
Don't drink tea or coffee and have been drinking Morrison Sherbet Lemon sugar free drink all week without looking at the bottle label - not able to buy where we live so presumed as it was sugar free was SYN free - it's not. Good job I have not been having 15 syns a day as I have drunk 2 bottles of it - 8 syns since Saturday :eek: Will have to be more careful in future.

WEDNESDAY 23RD MAY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit, yoghurt and seeds. HEX B 3 1/2 syns

LUNCH
Left over Ratatouille and lentil loaf with rice - made Ratatouille into chilli !!

SNACK
Ryvita with cheese, tomato and celery with piccalilli HEX B HEX A 1 SYN

DINNER
Omelette filled with broccoli and butternut squash with pak choy and baked beans

1 HEX A 2 HEX B ......... SYNS seeds 3 1/2 .............oil 1 in rice (it was packet found in cupboard) pickle 1 2 Highlights 4 = 9 1/2

BLACKCURRANTPORRIDGE-1.jpg

RATATOUILLE-RICEANDLENTILLOAF.jpg

RYVITA-CHEESE-PICCALILLI-1.jpg

OMELETTEWITHSWEETPOTATOANDBROCOLLIWITHBEANSANDPAKCHOY.jpg

THURSDAY 24TH MAY

BREAKFAST
Porriddge - yoghurt - fruit - seeds HEX B 3 1/2 syns

1 Apple

LUNCH
Leek and potato soup with Asian beans
Mousse and fruit 1/2 syn

DINNER
Was going to make a cauliflower base pizza that I saw on the internet this morning then found some comments about it on here so changed my mind and went to Tesco to buy the bread mix to make a real one. Made it - 2 HEX A AND 2 HEX B but when it was on the plate looked far too big - 7" base with lots of baked veg topping with cheese - so had half of it with salad and Actifry chips. Will have the rest of it for lunch tomorrow. Must admit I worked out the calories of it to make sure I had calculated it right and yes half the pizza is 1 of each hex's working on 20 cals per syn and 6 to a hex. ( Was a bit worried I was eating too much). Pizza photo looks a bit dark but it was wholemeal flour
1 HEX A 1 HEX B

Total 1 HEX A 2 HEX B SYNS - 3 1/2 for seeds.......1/2 for pud...... 1 Actifry chips......1 mayo on salad.......4 Highlights.....1 Morrisons juice = 11

WEEKLY SYNS TOTAL - 72 PLUS THE 8 I MISSED FOR MORRISONS JUICE = 80.

LEEKANDPOTATOSOUPWITHASIANBEANS.jpg

PUDDAY7.jpg

5PIZZABASES-1.jpg

We had one each and put the other 2 bases in the freezer ready rolled out but only ate half for dinner.

PIZZA-ACITFRYCHIPSANDSALAD.jpg

Last edited:
First weigh in today - 1lb - onward and upwards (or downwards) hopefully.

I usually put on in my first week lol, so your doing alright ;) like you said it will def be from the week before, heres to a great loss next week :)

Back