175gms Mushrooms - sliced
1 small onion - finely chopped
1 small garlic clove - crushed
25gms brown bread crumbs
1 dsp soya sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
pinch grated nutmeg - pinch of paprika
50gms % fromage frais or use just a little soya milk -
veggie stock cube crumbled into a little water.

METHOD
Spray non stick pan and saute the onions until soft - add a little water if they stick - add the mushrooms and garlic and saute again for a minute then add the stock cube and continue to stir until the mushrooms are cooked and the pan is dry.
Transfer into a blender and add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

fatgotago - if you are going to use soya milk do not put too much in to start with infact sometimes I have blended it enough not to need it.

Last edited:
systema said:
MUSHROOM SPREAD - adapted from Judith Wills recipe

175gms Mushrooms
1 small onion - finely chopped
1 small garlic clove - crushed
25gms brown bread crumbs
1 dsp soya sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
pinch grated nutmeg - pinch of paprika
50gms % fromage frais or use just a little soya milk -
veggie stock cube crumbled into a little water.

METHOD
Spray non stick pan and saute the onions until soft - add a little water if they stick - add the mushrooms and garlic and saute again for a minute then add the stock cube and continue to stir until the mushrooms are cooked and the pan is dry.
Transfer into a blender and add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

fatgotago - if you are going to use soya milk do not put too much in to start with infact sometimes I have blended it enough not to need it.

Sounds good :D

You need the bread to make it "stick" together. Only half HEX B and I only ate half of it for lunch or you could syn it.

Food for Monday

MUSHROOMPATEWITHTOASTANDSALAD.jpg

Mushroom pate with toast and salad

VEGETABLEPASTABAKE.jpg

Cauliflower, broccoli and pinto beans with pasta and cheese sauce.

CAULIFLOWERBROCCOLIANDPEPPERPASTABAKEWITHASPARAGUS-1.jpg

Above pasta with asparagus.

Last edited:
that pasta bake looks amazing!!!!!:eatdrink012:although I think I may have to give up on cheese all together after trying vegan cheese *vomit*

yep sis its a weird taste although my hubby likes it melted, and I prefer the soya cream cheese but its fattenig still lol, you know I cant wait to be slim and say I am a vegan, no excuse for a fat vegan hahahaha, but really I want to look like I practice healthy eating and food ethics :) and I want to be able to have olive oil and nuts and not feel guilty for the (healthy) fats

Told you how awful it was :giggle: Son left some in the fridge and he won't be back for 2 weeks but it will still be there when he gets back - anything else would have disappeared. It is the Pepperjack one with chillies in but even OH who will eat anything (and still weighs just over 10st) says it tastes like putty with chillies.

systema said:
Told you how awful it was :giggle: Son left some in the fridge and he won't be back for 2 weeks but it will still be there when he gets back - anything else would have disappeared. It is the Pepperjack one with chillies in but even OH who will eat anything (and still weighs just over 10st) says it tastes like putty with chillies.

Yeah that's how I think
It tastes :/ looking on goodness direct lot of v good reviews on the red wood one. One that just tastes of nothing would be fine just for pizzas etc... Sigh lol

Yeah that's how I think
It tastes :/ looking on goodness direct lot of v good reviews on the red wood one. One that just tastes of nothing would be fine just for pizzas etc... Sigh lol

Son always buys that one - puts it on his pizza - veggie burgers and cottage pies etc.

systema said:
Son always buys that one - puts it on his pizza - veggie burgers and cottage pies etc.

Mmmmm might give it a go :)

Got the free SW coupon out of Womans Own today and the only one I can go to before the offer ends is tonight at 7.30 so going to go.
What is Body Magic - excercise or just chat?

body magic is exercise image therapy is the chat bit, hope you get a nice leader thats all that matters, I did not have one and hence never went back :)

TUESDAY 19TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge - yoghurt - fruit -- HEX B

LUNCH
Curried Butternut Squash soup - Cheese on toast - Salad - 1 HEX A

DINNER
Pasta left overs from yesterday - Pak Choy - 2 Poached Eggs.

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 4 - Juice 1 - Pickle and Dressing - 2.5 Total - 7.5

CURRIEDBUTTERNUTSQUASHSOUP-CHEESEONTOAST-SALAD.jpg

PASTA-PAKCHOY-2POACHEDEGGS.jpg

Last edited:
Hi - found a better timed class - put sons postcode in and found one which is as near for Thursday mornings at 9.30 so am going there.
Nearer to my Friday weigh day and think mornings are better than night classes. No excuses - getting sorted now. It is my "posh" pub lunch day today so will be fine - going to SW then out to lunch :D

Just got back from first SW class - when I got there I wondered if I was in the right place, thought I had gone into the local creche but within 10 mins it had all calmed down and the kids had gone - thank goodness.
The Consultant was brilliant - there were 3 newbies and she sat down at a table with us and explained the whole lot to us be it EE - when I told her I was veggie she took some time out to explain it to me but said next meet she will explain the red and green to the 3 of us. There were about 20 people who stayed for Body Magic and it was interesting - lots of chat and ideas from everyone, no favourites and everybody chatted to everyone else.
Don't know who provides the raffle as nothing was said about bringing anything - nice things in there - Slimmer of the week was a fresh (and it was fresh) fruit basket.
So all in all going back next week - wish I had put a weight in my pocket so I would have a good result first week.:giggle:

Back