BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Courgette and pepper soup with bean sprouts

Jelly - fruit and yoghurt -- 1 SYN

Melon

DINNER
Veggie quiche with jacket potato and salad. Pickle and mayo - 2 SYNS

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 1 HEX B - SYNS - Pickle and mayo 2 - Highlights 4 - Jelly 1 - Total 7

COURGETTEANDPEPPERSOUPWITHBEANSPROUTS-HOMEMADEROLLANDGOATCHEESE1.jpg

(Didn't eat the roll)

QUICHE-JACKETPOTATO-SALAD.jpg

I'm robbing that quiche recipe for my lunch ideas - thank you! Your food looks amazing as ever :)

I'm robbing that quiche recipe for my lunch ideas - thank you! Your food looks amazing as ever :)

That's why I put it there :D

Will do the spread ones later - friends from UK here at the moment so going out more - still being good though!!!!

CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO SPREAD
Ingredients
1 400g tin of chick peas - drained
Large sweet potato - 2 cloves garlic – crushed - a few basil leaves
Juice of a lemon - salt and pepper to season
Method
Bake or microwave sweet potatoes in skins until cooked then remove the skin. (I put them in the oven when doing something else)
Put the chick peas, sweet potato, juice of a lemon, garlic and basil into a food processor and blend until smooth. When ready put into a bowl and taste for salt and pepper - add then give it a quick mix.
(You make make it smooth or a leave a little chunky if preferred)

Serve with vegetable sticks for a SYN FREE snack or use a HEX B of bread, Ryvita or Scan Bran etc.
Should keep for about a week in Lockand Lock box in fridge.

Aubergine Spread

1 Aubergine
juice of 1/2 lemon
1-2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
salt and black pepper to taste

Pierceaubergine in several places with a fork then wrap in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake until soft, about 45 minutes – again this is a waste of energy so I put it in the pressure cooker or in the oven when something else is in there.

Unwrap aubergine and let it cool then cut it lengthwiseand remove all the flesh, discarding the skin.

Chop the flesh then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add water a tablespoon at a time if the mixture seems too dry.

I few pages back I made some Aubergine "meatballs" - these are also good cold, spread on toast.

This is a very easy Rose Elliot one from a book called - "Low Fat - Low Sugar" - if you don't know her she has written some brilliant veggie books - this was 2000.

About this recipe she writes - This lovely brick read spread is delicious as a dip, spread on toast or crackers or as a topping for baked potatoes.
I used to make it for my son who could empty the bowl before it got to the table.

BUTTERBEAN, SWEET RED PEPPER AND BASIL SPREAD
425gm can of Butter or Lima beans
1tbps Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove - crushed
4 sprigs of Basil
1 small Sweet Red Pepper - finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground Pepper

Method
Rinse the beans under cold water and put them in a food processor or blender with lemon juice, garlic and basil and whiz to a puree.
Mix in the sweet pepper and season with salt and pepper.

And that's it. I don't eat raw pepper so use a ready cooked one and I add a few sprigs of chopped coriander when adding the pepper.

INDIVIDUAL QUICHE - 1/2 HEX A - EACH - Makes 6

QUICHE-INDIVIDUALONES.jpg

Made in a large Silicone Muffin Pan (6cm high)

200gms Cottage Cheese
6 Eggs
60gms grated Strong Cheese
30 grated Parmesan Cheese
Cooked mixed veg - I used handful of frozen peas, 10 chopped mushrooms - green pepper - chopped tomato - chopped onion and cooked them all together in microwave.
Salt and Pepper and any other seasononings you want to put in there.

Blend the cottage cheese and eggs - (I put them in a bowl and used an electric stick blender) so that the cheese is liquid.
Add the grated strong cheese - salt and pepper and any other seasonings and mix.
Half fill the muffin mould with cooked veg then fill to the top with the egg and cheese mix.
Sprinkle 5gms of grated Parmesan on top of each one.

Cook in oven 375 or 190C for about 30 mins - leave to cool for 5 mins before removing from the pan.

So far these are the recipes of yours that I have tried and loved ......Portobello Mushroom Pizzas, Cottage cheese scones, Chilli Bean Vegetable lasagne and Dahl and I am making these Mini Quiches tomorrow. I love how creative you are

INDIVIDUAL QUICHE - 1/2 HEX A - EACH - Makes 6

QUICHE-INDIVIDUALONES.jpg

Made in a large Silicone Muffin Pan (6cm high)

200gms Cottage Cheese
6 Eggs
60gms grated Strong Cheese
30 grated Parmesan Cheese
Cooked mixed veg - I used handful of frozen peas, 10 chopped mushrooms - green pepper - chopped tomato - chopped onion and cooked them all together in microwave.
Salt and Pepper and any other seasononings you want to put in there.

Blend the cottage cheese and eggs - (I put them in a bowl and used an electric stick blender) so that the cheese is liquid.
Add the grated strong cheese - salt and pepper and any other seasonings and mix.
Half fill the muffin mould with cooked veg then fill to the top with the egg and cheese mix.
Sprinkle 5gms of grated Parmesan on top of each one.

Cook in oven 375 or 190C for about 30 mins - leave to cool for 5 mins before removing from the pan.

seems I have everything needed except for the cottage cheese
I am off to sainsburys shortly this will make an excellent lunch or dinner
thanks for the recipe

hello - im subscribing here! I have tried EE and thenmoved onto red when i hit a plateau. I fancy trying green but i get very confused once i start swapping so going to have a look through to get some ideas.

[Is it 2 x hexa and 2 x hexb on green??]

Hi to both of you - welcome to my diary - thank you for having a look.

Note on the quiches.

Froze 3 of them and took one from the freezer a couple of hours ago and found they freeze beautifully - did an experiment and cut it in half and microwaved one of them and left one to defrost on its own. OH could not tell the difference and said he much preferred them cold to when they were warm from the oven.

Note on the quiches.

Froze 3 of them and took one from the freezer a couple of hours ago and found they freeze beautifully - did an experiment and cut it in half and microwaved one of them and left one to defrost on its own. OH could not tell the difference and said he much preferred them cold to when they were warm from the oven.

I had been wondering if they could be frozen. I went into town this morning and got lots of fresh veggies, fruit and cheese only to get home and discover that I'd forgotten to get the item that I had put AT THE TOP OF MY LIST......a silicone muffin tray...ahhh well.....so today I made your cottage cheese scones to go with the carrot and red pepper soup that I made and I also made your butterbean, sweet red pepper and basil spread (is it really only a tbsp of lemon juice?)

MONDAY 27TH AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

Melon

LUNCH
Dhal and Spinach with 2 beansprout wraps
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 SYN

60gm Roll - 30 gms Cheese -- HEX A = HEXB

DINNER
Aloo Gobi with added Mushrooms - Okra and Bean Curry - Rice

TOTAL - HEX A - 2 HEX B SYNS - Highlights 4 - Jelly 1 - Total Syns - 5

DALANDSPINACHWITHMUNGBEANWRAP.jpg

SPICYCAULIFLOWER-POTATO-MUSHROOM-RICE-OKRAANDBEANCURRY.jpg

Spicy Cauliflower, potatoes (aloo gobi) and mushrooms - rice - okra and bean curry

Seems to be an Indian theme today !!

Last edited:
Back