GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

you must be dropping weight with all that walking and the food you eat
are your clothes getting loose yet :):)

Got measured this morning and dropped an inch on bust, waist and hips and yes I do feel lighter. I have an hospital appointment on Friday so going to ask if they have scales - would rather trust them than hotel ones.
Had the first mishap this evening - OH got a free packet of Oreo biscuits with his packet of coffee and I ate one before I even thought about it - just shows if they are in the house we will eat them, I don't even eat biscuits normally :eek: I would rather have something savory.
Bed time now - hope I don't speak to you in our morning - in the nicest possible way.

SATURDAY 6th

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Fruit - Yoghurt - HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Cheesy Bubble and Squeak - HEX A and Salad
Fruit

72-MOREBUBBLEANDSQUEAK_zps172c30d2.jpg

Chickpea and Mushroom Vindaloo - Bok Choy and Rice - HEX B for oil

73-MUSHROOMANDCHICKPEAVINDALOO_zps673d0fe9.jpg

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 10 for Chocolate drinks

Steps 18.833 - Cals 506 - Kms - 10.04

Got measured this morning and dropped an inch on bust, waist and hips and yes I do feel lighter. I have an hospital appointment on Friday so going to ask if they have scales - would rather trust them than hotel ones.
Had the first mishap this evening - OH got a free packet of Oreo biscuits with his packet of coffee and I ate one before I even thought about it - just shows if they are in the house we will eat them, I don't even eat biscuits normally :eek: I would rather have something savory.
Bed time now - hope I don't speak to you in our morning - in the nicest possible way.
YEAH for the inch loss - I too would much rather trust the doctors scales tha the hotel ones
now as for treats I wont have certain things in the house
BUT DH needs the calories they give so he CAN have any flavour of crips but NOT salt and vinegar or ready salted or black pepper ones(I will leave you to guess why)
in the way of chocolate he is allowed snickers and marsbars wagon wheels and twix :):) he knows this and they are the ones he likes anyway

SATURDAY 6th

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Fruit - Yoghurt - HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Cheesy Bubble and Squeak - HEX A and Salad
Fruit

72-MOREBUBBLEANDSQUEAK_zps172c30d2.jpg

Chickpea and Mushroom Vindaloo - Bok Choy and Rice - HEX B for oil

73-MUSHROOMANDCHICKPEAVINDALOO_zps673d0fe9.jpg

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 10 for Chocolate drinks

Steps 18.833 - Cals 506 - Kms - 10.04

I am having bubble and squeak tonight :):) will try to remember the cheese this time

Baked bean recipe looks very nice but I will probably rely on Mr Heiz or Mr Sainsbury. Mind you - the tins of beans you get from Greece are very nice. I bet the lady living in Kephalonia has then. The sauce is gorgeous. I hope they aren't sinned. The beans are called Gigantes or something- bigger than our baked beans. and a nice tomatoey herby sauce.

How about these with the oil reduced - looks good.

Gigantes plaki recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

YEAH for the inch loss - I too would much rather trust the doctors scales than the hotel ones
now as for treats I wont have certain things in the house
BUT DH needs the calories they give so he CAN have any flavour of crips but NOT salt and vinegar or ready salted or black pepper ones(I will leave you to guess why)
in the way of chocolate he is allowed snickers and marsbars wagon wheels and twix :):) he knows this and they are the ones he likes anyway

I am having bubble and squeak tonight :):) will try to remember the cheese this time

I hate salt and can't stand salted crisps - only problem is Lidl near us at home does fantastic unsalted ones which my OH buys when he is watching football on TV and I just have a couple ;)
Chocolate we don't have in the house only in drinks and dark chocolate because I don't like that either and Lidl Magnum type lollies as I don't eat ice-cream. Here he eats mini wagon wheel type things but keeps them in the freezer and eats them when I am not in the kitchen.

Yes DO NOT forget the cheese tonight. We are going out to eat because our son is leaving here tomorrow and we are taking our Vietnamese friends with us so think there might be just one glass of wine involved - and only one.

SUNDAY 7TH APRIL

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Fruit - Soya Milk - HEX A and B

LUNCH
Home made Beans on Toast with Cheese Triangle - HEX A & B
Fruit and Yoghurt - 1 SYN

74-HOME-MADEBEANSANDTOAST_zpsb995c8c5.jpg

DINNER
Chickpeas, Peppers and Mushrooms with Cauliflower, Spinach and Carrots and Rice

75-CHICKPEASANDMUSHROOMSWITHVEG_zps2caa1ea2.jpg

TOTAL - 2 HEX A and 2 HEX B - SYNS - Chocolate Drink 10 - Yoghurt 1 = 11

Steps - 23.058 - Cals 601 - Kms - 13.37

Well done Missus (no not for eating the Oreo - how could you? They look dreadful.

Hello - and welcome to my diary.

Just to let you know I am going away for a few days tomorrow but depending on internet connection will be back asap.

I like to read the diaries here so if I get a good internet connection will read yours and get back to you. Bye just for now.

Well done Missus (no not for eating the Oreo - how could you? They look dreadful.

Son said that in Asia they are vegan and yes they are so ate one - my excuse - but did not have any more but the other 2 finished the packet.
Actually they look fine as they are the same colour-ish as chocolate. :D but actually after I ate it said they tasted of nowt except sugar and flour and didn't really like it.

You're beans on toast looks amazing! I'm going to try making some :)

They were made out of necessity as the beans I bought were not not good - our son was here and he loves his baked beans but said the tin I gave him was awful - they were very watery and runny and had to add loads of tomato puree and bits to make them eatable so thought it can't be hard to make them. Like I said earlier when you can get good beans at home you don't think about making them but will in future.

Last edited:
Weekly totals.

Day..............................steps.........cals.........kms.........syns
monday........................20.287..........525..........10.75........6
tuesday.......................14.418..........354...........7.8..........10
wednesday...................16.753..........447...........8.86.........11
thursday.....................19.154..........528...........10.56........11
friday..........................25.250.........691............14.65........9.5
saturday.....................18.833..........506...........10.04.......10
sunday.........................23.058.........601............13.37........11

totals........................137.753.........3653..........76.03.........68.5...................kms = 47.2 miles

well your steps put mine to shame
this week my target is 4400 per day and I want to hit that even on the low walking days - so far the most I have done was Monday at just over 7000 but I am getting there I will be putting my target steps up by 100 or 200 a week - I dont want to put it up so much its not attainable - I would rather be able to meet/or go past my targets

safe journey = dont forget to get weighed while with the surgeon :)

H xx

I honestly could not see me doing anything like this number of steps in the UK in fact I would have problems going outside the door in the cold. It is easier to walk in a pair of shorts and t shirt instead of jeans, jumper and a big coat.
Did you remember the cheese? :)

Those homemade baked beans look fantastic - tempted to give it a go myself :) Food looks amazing as ever (I still had to flick back to look at the fake meat though, I'm oddly fascinated by it!)

Very well done on the inch loss too :D xxx

I took some photos at the veggie shop yesterday so will put them on later - you can't see exactly what it all is but you can see how much variety there is.
We are going down to Saigon in half an hour and son stocked up for the journey. We will be away until next Monday but hopefully will have a good internet connection then I can post them.
Thank you for your nice comments - will get weighed on Friday so have got my fingers crossed.

Back