GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Last edited:
(weeps) Rub it in why don't you??!! You will have a shock when you get back.

And don't I know it - will spend the first few days saying - HOW MUCH :eek: - I am not buying that. Good job we don't have to buy meat.

those shoes are ugly you can keep them :):) why do I open shoe links - I have (according to dh) more shoes than the average shoe shop -
as for the veggies at that price - you will have time to plant seeds when you get back so will be getting it all for a really low price :)

The crunch challenge looks interesting! Might actually give that a go :D Need to sort out my muffin top as it's the one area that REALLY gets me down. Can't do squats tho coz of my rubbish knees :(

It would be amazing to get that much veg/stuff for £2!!

I was the opposite on holiday coz everything is SO expensive in Sweden! x

Just been reading on the net all the crunches and squats have to done at the same time. S** that for a game of soldiers - 250 altogether, think I would peg out before that happened :eek: Going to do it my way - as many as I can at one time and will still be doing some kind of exercise. Leave the hard stuff to the younger ones.

And don't I know it - will spend the first few days saying - HOW MUCH :eek: - I am not buying that. Good job we don't have to buy meat.

Yeah, I look at the shops and see how much veggies are and then have to replan what I was going to make as will not pay what they charge for leeks and courgettes. I always seem to stick to the same veg which is a shame but greens (cabbage) is often cheap and I do love that. Very very occasionally I treat myself to a BNS and sweet potatoes aren't too bad. I did go to the market but noticed the tomatoes were not particualry good quality. However, it is a market under threat (thanks Boris and fellow Tories- anything that does not move out the way fast enough is changed into luxury flats - I did not know there was a housing shortage for oil sheiks and Oligarchs??? Who knew??) so must continue to buy stuff from there. There is a great button stall as well.

In UK I hate buying peppers, courgettes and aubergines because I stand there chuntering about the prices.
At home I go to Lidl on delivery days (better than the market because we are foreigners and get the stuff from the back) and buy what I want for a few days and put them in Lock and Lock box which initially are expensive but pay for themselves over and over again.
They have opened one near MIL's so wiill sort out their delivery days and have a look there. At the start of this diary there are lots of references to my going to Tesco at 7pm when they reduced the veg and then cooking from that the next day. I do like shopping but hate being ripped off.

The price of peppers is ridiculous. At the moment a single pepper is 80p at Sainsburys which always annoys me since I love peppers. The supermarket across from where I work sells them by weight so tried that but it ended up costing more! They do come in bags too but they're tiny then although saying that the single red peppers were tiny in Sainsburys last week so I didn't buy them.

SUNDAY 21ST APRIL

BREAKFAST
Porridge etc. HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Pea and Sweet Potato Soup and Toast - HEX B
Fruit and Yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Mushrooms, Chickpeas and Peppers with Purple Sweet Potato and Rice

TOTAL - HEX A AND 2 HEX B - SYNS - 4 Chocolate Drinks 10 - Yoghurt1 = 11

Steps 12,834 - Cals 350 - Kms 744 - LS 2 mile walk DVD

MONDAY 22ND APRIL

BREAKFAST
Porridge etc. HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Lentil and Veg Soup with Bread - HEX B
Fruit and Yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Bean Curry with Garlic Spinach and Rice - Mayflower sauce 3 SYNS

Still got plenty of beans left in the Freezer :)

TOTALS - HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 2 Chocolate Drinks - Mayflower sauce 3 - Yoghurt 1 = 9 SYNS

Steps - 17.679 -- Cals 477 -- Kms 10.25 - LS 2 MILE DVD

as for the crunches I wont be doing them in one go - I am sure that doing them in sets is better than not doing them - and my ex trainer said for me never do more than 30 at a time as I do them on the ball so you are using ALL yrou core to stabalise and do crunches - so I will do as I am told and the squats I am doing them as the physio told me -
as for veggies I go to the farmers market every two weeks and get a weeks worth there - but I went to a farm shop the other week and asked where their veg came from and they told me Bromham (just up the road - perfect) then when I looked some were in boxes clearly marked as produce from spain or portugal
when I queried that they said again that look at the sign all the veg is from bromham - so I walked out saying quite loudly about not buying from an untrusted soruce and being lied too - other customers were seen putting back the stuff they had collected from outside :) I dont mind but I wont be lied too

I do buy in season when I can as it is cheaper - and cant wait for my garden to begin producing :)

you are going to have such a shock when you get back - all the perfect veggies all the same size at inflated prices :):)

The price of peppers is ridiculous. At the moment a single pepper is 80p at Sainsburys which always annoys me since I love peppers. The supermarket across from where I work sells them by weight so tried that but it ended up costing more! They do come in bags too but they're tiny then although saying that the single red peppers were tiny in Sainsburys last week so I didn't buy them.

As far as peppers are concerned will be looking at frozen ones for curries and loaves etc.- last year I was going in Tesco at closing time and buying the bags of reduced ones and chopping and freezing them, seem to remember I got a great bargain one day and had to use my sons freezer I bought so many :)

Don't know where my signature has gone to.:eek:

Your sig has vanished!!!

I've started buying bags of frozen peppers for cooking with. The price of peppers is ridiculous!! I'm forever ranting about packs of Mars bars or frozen pizza's being £1 yet you can't buy a bag of apples or a bunch of grapes for that :soapbox: :rant2:

Your sig has vanished!!!

I've started buying bags of frozen peppers for cooking with. The price of peppers is ridiculous!! I'm forever ranting about packs of Mars bars or frozen pizza's being £1 yet you can't buy a bag of apples or a bunch of grapes for that :soapbox: :rant2:
I agree you can buy junk food dirt cheap but when it comes to fresh healthy food you pay through the nose. And then they have a cheek to preach to us about healthy eating, maybe they should look at the prices on the shelves!!

as for the crunches I wont be doing them in one go - I am sure that doing them in sets is better than not doing them - and my ex trainer said for me never do more than 30 at a time as I do them on the ball so you are using ALL yrou core to stabalise and do crunches - so I will do as I am told and the squats I am doing them as the physio told me -
as for veggies I go to the farmers market every two weeks and get a weeks worth there - but I went to a farm shop the other week and asked where their veg came from and they told me Bromham (just up the road - perfect) then when I looked some were in boxes clearly marked as produce from spain or portugal
when I queried that they said again that look at the sign all the veg is from bromham - so I walked out saying quite loudly about not buying from an untrusted soruce and being lied too - other customers were seen putting back the stuff they had collected from outside :) I dont mind but I wont be lied too

I do buy in season when I can as it is cheaper - and cant wait for my garden to begin producing :)

you are going to have such a shock when you get back - all the perfect veggies all the same size at inflated prices :):)

That was a bit naughty ---------------

We have a garden in Spain but it is a shared one, mostly lawn with trees but the trees are Avocado, Lemon, Fig, Grapes and Nispero (a fruit which is not really worth peeling) and a friend has loads of Almond trees and only us seem to use the produce off them. My OH planted Rhubarb in his mothers garden so looking forward to that after reading reports of lots of Rhubarb in UK at the moment

Tesco no taste tomatoes are something to look forward to :cry:

oh all those fruit trees - how lovely to have really fresh fruit
and yes the rhubarb is doing well at the moment
but other veggies are being started late just due to the cold and damp

as for tesco tomatoes - I wont by them for cooking I always use tinned and for salads I use baby plum - but my garden ones still taste better :)

Been to Hairdressers today - had to get another one in before we are back in UK and Chan is going to save me a fortune in electricity charges as I will not have to use my hairdryer for ages. :D He said let me give you a nice haircut for UK as you pay so much there for a cut so I said OK - so he cut it - OFF.
He really is a great bloke and have been to him maybe 6 times before so just let him get on with it as I do trust him and am happy with him. He cut it and spent ages doing it - then highlights - next for wash with a great head massage - back to the chair for a look and another cut then style what is left of it :)
Yes I do like it - will take a couple of days to get used to it but it takes me that long to get use to my new shoes.

But - and I am not gloating as I will have to pay UK prices soon - it was £11 for everything including the tip for the head massage girl and a big handful of Tamarind sweeties that are in dishes all over the salon.

Just click on here and have a look ------
Salon Tóc Hair Design PoLo Nha Trang Khánh Hòa- Salon Tóc Hair Design PoLo Nha Trang | googleviet

that is his wife to be in the leather jacket ---

Last edited:
do we get a pic of your hair
when my hairdresser made a total mess of my hair (actually it was not her she was away ill it was the owner of the salon) I went to my girl to have it put right and asked for it to be cut short all over - I did like it but its growing now and I wonder if to have it really short and easy to manage again for the summer - oh decisions :)

I hope you are getting everything in ordere as it wont be many days now :)

Today is Massage day - Saturday packing and Sunday we are off to Saigon - Thailand on Monday and Tuesday home.

Emirates have now started a Manchester - Saigon flight which will be brilliant for next year.

Back