green/red peppers???

Theemand

Ok i'm really puzzled why green peppers are allowed but red ones aren't? After putting both into mfp and looking at the nutritional values there is next to no difference between them? If anyone knows why can you explain please? Thanks!

I assumed it was because they are sweeter so have natural sugars??? That said I had to buy a pack of mixed peppers as they didn't have any single green!! so as not waste I have been having little pieces of red pepper in my slads although I know you are not supposed too.

Only difference in sugars is 0.1g I had to buy a multipack due to having no single ones in the shop as well that's why I looked into it. Yellow pepper has a lot of difference from red & green so I won't be using that one. Might just do it like you are and little bits. Thanks for replying x

I had better bin the rest of the yellow one then (have had some of that too !!) I am hoping it won't make too much difference though?

I wouldn't have thought so if you just had little bits, I'm on day 3 though so only just learning as I go along

I have red, green and yellow peppers - but if you are concerned about sticking to the plan then only have green. You could always email Rob and ask him about the others - I think I read a post a while ago where someone said that Rob had said that a certain amount of red was ok.

Thanks Weasey, i'm not overly fussed about a few calories/carbs as long as I'm in the right limits. After all the calories I'm having now are far fewer than I was having before

Back