Group meetings how do group leaders react to slow losers!

slimmingmadhouse

I'm currently a SW online member but thinking of joining a group for more support. For those of you that have been to group, how do the leaders treat slow losses, do they have targets to meet and put pressure on you? I am taking the scenic route and much prefer it to the mad dash down the motorway as such, so not sure leaders would like me in their group

Hi. I've lost 11.5 lbs over the last 12 or so weeks. The consultant has never made any comment regarding it at all. Look at it this way....the longer you take to get to target the more weekly payments you'll make. I doubt the consultants will be bothered at all about it.

Every consultant is different, but the one in my group has no problem with people taking it slowly. If it is obvious that someone isn't happy, then he will address that, but otherwise his main focus is the idea that SW needs to become part of your life, and for that to happen you need to be able to live with it long term. For a lot of people, that means taking the "scenic route".

My consultant is great with people no matter how quickly or slowly they go, she always emphasises how far you've come rather than how far you've got to go and never makes people set targets they don't want to, although she'll throw the odd cheeky attempt in there (with a smile and a wink so you know she's joking).

In terms of money they probably prefer the slow losers as they pay for longer!

And if the group isnt,for you,just do it on here so much support and help here

I've followed SW on and off for years now both on my own and online, I'm curious about group and if it is something I'll get on with. I also want to try the hi-fi bars which for some reason you can't get anywhere else. But your right if it doesn't suit I don't have to stay as there is a lot of support here. :)

As other people have said, what consultants like is members who are consistent, turn up every week, lose something, and PAY! They are running a business, and what business people like is repeat customers. If you keep going, the consultant won't have to chase you up, won't have to worry about you, and you will be a reliable source of income. And remember that the more regular members a consultant has, the bigger percentage of the takings SW allow her to keep.

A consultant I used to know liked to say "so-and-so only loses 1 pound a week and you might not think that is much, but she sticks at it and now she has lost 2 stone, so if she can do it so can you".

The groups are great but not for everyone. I have been a SW member for a few years but find Image Therapy a chore. My preference would be for advice and information during this time instead of the weight loss/how do you feel about it chat. That's why I have decided to go 'freelance' here.

I've only been twice, but I love staying :D I hear a lot of usefull tips and my consultant is very supportive of everyone. For me it certainly has added value!

Hi. I've lost 11.5 lbs over the last 12 or so weeks. The consultant has never made any comment regarding it at all. Look at it this way....the longer you take to get to target the more weekly payments you'll make. I doubt the consultants will be bothered at all about it.

Sustained weightloss.... the people who lose three and four one week are often the ones who put two or three back on the following week . A pound a week, week in and week out soon comes flying off.

Sustained weightloss.... the people who lose three and four one week are often the ones who put two or three back on the following week . A pound a week, week in and week out soon comes flying off.

Thats just what i needed to hear im lucky if its half a lb now but as long as it keeps coming off im happy

Thats just what i needed to hear im lucky if its half a lb now but as long as it keeps coming off im happy

I think consultants probably find those who swing one way then the other to be the most frustrating. The vast bulk of people who come to these kinds of classes only need/want to lose a couple of stone. 28 pounds.

If you lose a pound a week, in six months you'll be there. Six months seem a long way away, but it isnt.

I just noticed in your profile as well. As you enter your healthy bmi range it becomes more and more difficult (and more and more unnecessary) to lose weight.

You might find that you are quickly approaching a level that Slimming World will no longer support you losing weight.

It took me two years to lose 2 stone yes 24 months to lose 28lbs but I have lots of health issues and I have been on a variety of medicines inc steroids in thatvtime.

And in all that time I have had nothing but support and understanding from my consultants. I have had 3 consultants even though I have been going to the same group for 3 years due to consultants leaving changing etc.

Without my consultants help and group support I never would have succeeded and I would have given up a long time ago. No one was more excited when I hit target then me my class and my consultant all combined.

I think consultants probably find those who swing one way then the other to be the most frustrating. The vast bulk of people who come to these kinds of classes only need/want to lose a couple of stone. 28 pounds.

If you lose a pound a week, in six months you'll be there. Six months seem a long way away, but it isnt.

I just noticed in your profile as well. As you enter your healthy bmi range it becomes more and more difficult (and more and more unnecessary) to lose weight.

You might find that you are quickly approaching a level that Slimming World will no longer support you losing weight.

Thank you i know what you mean i gained 3stone rapidly 2,years ago due to,health issues ..had an emergency op 18 mths ago and have struggled to lose any weight since apart from,half a stone while in hospital recovering. My GP told me at,10 and a half stone i was just about healthy weight but i was feeling awful...so turned to SW and its been great ...4lbs short of 2 stone more gone now.

Tbh if i stick at about 8 and a half i wont worry too much...its more a practical/financial issue as 99% of my clothes are a size 6 so i need to lose the extra half stone to fit back into them!!! Cant afford to buy new and have been living in the same cheap clothes bought from tescos for too long now. Have dropped from a 12 to a 10 now and hopefully will soon be in an 8 but would love to get back in my regular clothes!!!!

Last edited:
I'm a slow loser compared to my group, and the phrase is "it's going in the right direction" lol - my consultant is really supportive :D

Back