Grr - am having so much trouble getting back on wagon

Teddy67

I slipped off completely on 24th November (planned as at an event set lunch included)... Since then am unable to get back into a PP/PV routine - so much so, although managing closer to a PV day, PP are non-existent ... Am going to trying to pull back to one PV meal a day - other two and any snacks PP - see if I can generally get my meal choices much cleaner..

Am bit worried as Christmas is looming and I already know I will slip again... I just have no inclination to diet over Christmas.

Am about half-way through my weightloss journey - having started September - in my head am not expecting to get to goal til April - but am just not sure I will actually stick to it long enough to get anywhere near my target. :-(

Anyways that's enough self-moping on my part... Off to eat some plain roast chicken!

Would it be worth it to consolidate for the time being so that by Christmas you are having gala meals but sustaining your weight loss and then be able to get back to it in January and finish to goal? Dr D does say in his book about doing that and I think around this time of year it is going to be hellish if your motivation has gone.

Going into consolidation for christmas was my plan - but I wasn't going to move until week before ie 22nd ish - and just stay on it for two weeks.

I think moving earlier would be a positive step - it would give me a chance to relax a little and as you say get back on the wagon properly 2nd January...

Thanks for such a great idea - I was just thinking of struggling on for as long as possible - but your right in this frame of mind I am more likely to have a bigger slip-up if I don't make the positive decision to move on.

I am glad it made you happy. Oooo consolidation here you come. Just think you can have a piece of fruit each day (he recommends an apple), some wholemeal bread and the cheese and each day vegetables. Just think being able to enjoy a gala without the guilt.

Try being really good on conso and I am sure it will pay off by Christmas by being so much more relaxed about it all. So many people will be on diets come January 2nd it will be so much easier to mentally deal with it.

Same here Teddy, but I finally made it through a PP day with only a slight slip up (1 spoonful of veg that was going down the bin - is there anyone else who can't be trusted to do the cleaning up after dinner). And I feel so much happier with myself, its like a weight lifted off my shoulders when I finally got through the day. I recommend finding yourself some strong new flavors and giving one last try to get back on.

Thanks - poppy I find that apples set of all kind of cravings - i think they are just too acidy for me - and I've never been that fussed about them. What about berries, I or maybe a clementine (or two if they are tiny?)...

I think he talks about apples because of the pectin? I believe he has a pecking order for fruit but I think the only no no is banana, cherries, melon (of course unless they are part of the gala). I love satsumas, I must get some. This is the perfect time of the year for them and my little one used to love them.

Perhaps someone else can advise you on conso as I wasn't very good on it as it freaked me out! Maybe a new thread?

Good plan Teddy defo damage limitation and stop giving yourself such a tough time - relax and allow yourself the extra food and hopefully you will feel more in control. I find myself losing control at the oddest moment which drives me crazy - thus far I have managed to avert disaster but get scared that one day I won't and for me that will signal a downward spiral ! Good luck. x

It's a really tough dilemma here Teddy, which is why we harp on about avoiding that first slip up. Once it's happened, getting back in the saddle, particularly with an event such as Christmas looming, becomes very tough!

Conso requires its research and preparation (and diligence) if not in the same quantity required at the outset, but in double portions...

So I'd veer towards Sander's advice if you can bear it for just one last try. Preplanning all meals and menus etc so that, if you're hungry, you know what you have to eat cos there's nothing else there, right?!

I'm in the same boat as you - out of ketosis (for several months now but not really consolidating - just flailing around and panicking!). All temptations are tough but each one "resisted" gives me a great feeling!

My CBT book talks of strengthening one's "resistance" muscle each time we use it... (I unfortunately re-strengthened my "cede to temptation" one too!!).

Good luck whichever way you go! Perhaps try new recipes. Liven things up somewhat. We all fall into routines.

For the fruit, he does say to favour apples - at least initially. I cut mine up small and fiddle for ages. Satsumas alas don't fill in the same way (but of course are ok!)

I'm having the same problem here too, I keep being good...losing then putting it back on... or being naughty and not wanting to weigh myself :\

I've been reading this thread because I'm gonna try & carry on and be so so good for the next two weeks, but I'm going to Germany the week before Christmas (20th-23rd..hoping for no snow for once!) and I was thinking about consolidating that week? As I want to enjoy my break and the Christmas surroundings but I don't want to end up coming back and putting on a lot of weight...

Would this be okay? Or to continue cruise on my holiday? Atm I just keep doing silly things like dipping my finger in the nutella jar :eek: and thinking "oh I'll BE EXTRA GOOD tomorrow.." and it just seems to be a recurring thing...

Fruit wise, I've developed a taste for pears, which I think the good Dr says are OK as well. Sliced up with some Total 0% yoghurt for breakfast with a bit of bran on top is simple and quick. But I do find that if I have one piece of fruit, it unleashes the desire to have more. I haven't managed to have fruit every day yet (its a job to remember all the extras I can have on conso!) and sometimes I just don't feel like it.

But I don't see any problem in you moving to a more PV routine if it will be easier to manage over Xmas, better to have that than feel guilty because you're not being good or going completely off the rails because you can't keep it up. I know I would probably do the latter and just give up, so its just as well I hit target before Christmas!

I think the festivities are going to be hard for all serious dieters, but at least I can now make slightly more sensible choices :)

Thanks for all the posts - lots to mull over. Today had protein breakfast (bran, ff & Gogi berries) and lunch (homemade burgers topped with a fried egg) - and then protein & veg tea (and a glass of wine ....:-(...)

Unfortunately tea choice was loaden with oil (pan-fried chicken breast with capers, green beans & side of spinach with garlic - so one to avoid in future - and not Dukan friendly at all.

Teddy that wasn't a terrible day - the wine and the oil were the two slips but at least no sugar or carbs which is what I think should be avoided at all costs!! I am going to try sticking to that principle over christmas and treat myself with cheese if I really feel I need to, as I said damage limitation. x

Had cake today - wasn't intended ?
Where has my willpower gone?
First one since 13th September - it was yummy, but even so, why!?

I frequently as myself the same question hun :confused: What is it with us women & self sabotage????? Beats me! Carry on though hun ( not with the cake though ;) ) as you're doing so well. I think of cake as a big slice of fat that'll clog up my arteries if I eat it! :eek: That's worked so far :D
Jackie xx

grrr blimmin cake - devil's food!!!!LOL

It's got worse - had Singapore noodles and sweet & sour pork balls for tea.

Promise to have a fresh new Dukan day tomorrow.

Second major slip-up day since 13th Sept - so could have been worse.

Somehow feel the better for it - am ready and invigorated to carry on tomorrow with no more straying off the path. Have had my treat - enjoyed it - now got to be good again.

Sounds a perfect plan and glad you got it out of your system! x

New low weight today - down 0.6lbs from previous lowest recorded weight.... ???
Bizarre - but I'll take the loss happily:)

Back