Gutted! :-(

debbie125

Gutted! cdc came today was all focused to start and she said because my Bmi's over 40 I need to get the medical form filled in! My docs not in till Friday and Cdc away till monday so I can't start till she gets back that's if the doctor signs the form! Has anyone else had to get this form stamped and signed? Do you gave to pay to get it signed? X

I had to get mine done, I didn't have to pay but I know others have. The important thing to remember is if you read the form you are not asking for there permission. Just to confirm the information on the form is correct. That being said I lost sleep over it but my doctor was lovely, even said he was thinking about suggesting it to me! Good luck it is frustrating but just think what's one more week for a lifetime of skinny!

Hi Caroline yeah your right it's just a few more days to wait but I'd got so focused! My doctors not a fan off vlcd so I'm worried she wont sign the form :-( x

hiya, the doctor who signed mine was a nightmare and charged my 20 quid for the pleasure, I handed it in on the Thursday, she wouldn't sign it to begin with and then took it home with her over the weekend and then finally decided Monday morning that she would sign it, and Caroline is right, they are ONLY signing to say that the information is correct, they are not signing to give you permission to do it. Whilst waiting for my doctor to sign it I started cutting everything out and tried to stick to the foods that were allowed on the higher plans and I ended up losing 4 lbs from the Wednesday to the Monday just by cutting down. Hope you get it signed soon xxx

Oooh Emma what a nightmare I don't think my gp will be that awkward she's been a real help lately she referred me for bariatric surgery but i got it refused coz the Blimmin pct changed the recommendations from a Bmi off 40 to 50 even though the nice guidelines say 40 apparently pcts can do what they like! My rant over! Lol i was just goin to take the form to tge surgery but cdc saud see your doc directly there more likely not to charge you then! Then hopefully I'll be able to start monday x

Hope she signs the form without problem xx

I saw my doctor directly and still got charged £20! Stupid surgery....oh well, just think, your BMI won't be over 40 for long! Make and appointment ASAP and get it done, it's only a brief moment of discomfort and the you can get on with Cambridge. Emma's right about cutting down - this could be a great opportunity to cut down on carbs so your body adjusts more easily to CD. Good luck :)

Am goin to go tmw I so hope I don't have to pay it's expensive enough to do the diet as it is! I know £20 is a small price to pay but it just p's you off that they're charging you when your doing them a favour in the first place by trying to get fitter x

Am goin to go tmw I so hope I don't have to pay it's expensive enough to do the diet as it is! I know £20 is a small price to pay but it just p's you off that they're charging you when your doing them a favour in the first place by trying to get fitter x

good luck and you wont find till your starting CD

Sasha63 u won't find what? Lol x

good luck with your doc signing your form. don't leave without it signed :):)

Good luck :) x

good luck with your Dr - but do remember they are not giving permission they are just signing to say the info on the form is correct - I made that very clear to mine up front because she didn't wanted me to do VLCD - she wanted me to have bariatric surgery instead.

This happened to me last year. I got myself psyched up to gi to cdc, and then I couldt start. I was so upset, I burst into tears! Brilliant first impression!
I then left it for 10months, before going back and getting a doctors appointment. I was almost a stone heavier at this point - so don't let this happen to you! Make sure you get everything signed, and starring ASAP.

My doctor wasn't very happy about signing it. However, I told her that I just needed her to sign to confirm the information was accurate.

Madness, as I know next time I go and get my pill, I'll be weighed and the nurses will congratulate me! Talk about doctors not helping everyone in need!

Been to the docs got my form stamped didn't cost anything either was in the room less than 2 mins! My CDC coming today as I'm soo desperate to start losing weight and get into ketosis ova the weekend while I'm not at work so I can just do nothing and go to bed! Lol so happy happy happy here's to a thinner happier me! :) x

So pleased for you :)

Thanks kells and Caroline x

Back