Hair Loss....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by fattyfattybumtum, 6 May 2009 Social URL.

1. fattyfattybumtum

fattyfattybumtum soon 2 b skinnysexybumtum

Hey,
    Ive only been on cd for just over a wk and already my hair are falling out :sigh:...and I mean big time. Last night i had a shower and after drying my hair i noticed that Iv kinda got a fringe now....its that bad. Really concerned as thought you only experience hair loss if youv been on the diet for too long. Just thinking how much Iv lost in a wk already...what will happen in a months time? :confused: Im actually scared to brush my hair now!
    Has anyone else experienced the same?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fattyfattybumtum

helllllloooooo....... Anyone? Or is it just me alone with this problem??

4. hannahbanana

hannahbanana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sorry hun, I haven't had this problem, though I have a lot of hair and it's very curly.

You say you now have a fringe? Does that mean your hair has broken or has it fallen out? What condition is your hair?
    I find it weird that such hair loss could happen in a week of doing the diet, what had you been doing prior to it?

My CDC said hair loss is similar to what a pregnant woman will have when she gives birth, its the change in hormones. And you usually only lose what you hair has been holding onto for the last 3 months of the diet. Her only client that has noticeable hair loss is an elderly one, and that's probably more to do with the age of her hair.

5. fattyfattybumtum

Thanx for replying :)
    Im getting loads of hair just falling out in the shower and when Im brushing or simply through my fingers...proper long hair, and then ive got loads broken at the front(like a fringe). It is kinda just like what happened to me after I had given birth to my daughter. Maybe your right about what ur cdc said.

6. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    i have been losing loads of hair for the last couple of months but it's so thick and long that im not really concerned. i don't know if your loss would be due to the diet after only a week, i was on it for 3 months or so before i noticed it happening.

speak to your CDC and see what she says.

7. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi i had quite bad hair loss at the start, but it seems to have stopped now thank goodness, you hair will grow back and you wont be able to notice at all,

8. haggard_hannah

haggard_hannah Proud to be a Loser!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I had really bad hair loss to start with, my periods disappeared and I was getting downy fluff on my chin and neck - classic signs of a rapid reduction in food intake. I'm on SS+ now and the periods have returned, the fluff has gone and the hair loss is lessening! :D xx

9. fattyfattybumtum

Thanx guyz... feel a bit better knowing that hair will grow back :)

10. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    and i have heard that it grows back nicer than before!

11. fattyfattybumtum

ooooohhh! No worries then ;)

12. efk

efk Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    My hair has grown a lot during the diet but I have lost more hair than before. I don't have that much that I can afford for it to fall out though!

13. 911toc

911toc Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.89%)
    Diet:
    wieght watchers
    you should not loose hair if your diet is balanced you are lacking ssomething or could be your thyroid your hair dye has probably caused some brakeage but if your diet is balanced your hair and nails should be fine

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.