Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

I've been thinking about making the super speed soup,but i'm the same, thinking I won't like it, maybe I will give it a go!

I've got the first sports active but haven't used it for ages :eek: used it loads when I got it and it did make a difference... might ask hubby for the new one for christmas :D I like the idea of no controllers, that was the only thing I didn't like about the first one, always having to swap, unplug one, put one in the leg strap etc!

I've been thinking about making the super speed soup,but i'm the same, thinking I won't like it, maybe I will give it a go!

I really like it - had it for lunch every day this week. I added half a tablespoon of chilli flakes (I'll add chilli to anything if I can get away with it :p). I didn't bother blitzing it either, which is slightly amazing, because I've never been that keen on soup with lumps in it for some reason - but this is so delicious, I've almost decided that blitzing it smooth would spoil it lol

I've got the first sports active but haven't used it for ages :eek: used it loads when I got it and it did make a difference... might ask hubby for the new one for christmas :D I like the idea of no controllers, that was the only thing I didn't like about the first one, always having to swap, unplug one, put one in the leg strap etc!

Yep! You don't use the nunchuck at all with the new one, and the remote only v occasionally. Plus, you can use your own hand weights instead of the resistance band if you've got some (I haven't, but am probably going to get some now - that band drives me loopy lol) - you just tell it how heavy they are and it adjusts the routines to suit. The heart rate monitor is great too - tells you how hard you're working, and how knackered you deserve to be afterwards:8855:

Well done Hannah with you lose :)

Sounds like a nightmare Steve, we have now had loads of snow, which is unusual we normally get a couple of inches if we're lucky! I'm in Lincoln. Apparently we're due a load more tonight. Both kids schools were shut today and all roads were a nightmare! Mostly spent the day building snowmen and sledging, not sure I can cope with the kids at home again tomorrow but it's looking likely!

Was suppose to be out tonight but it's been cancelled due to the snow, were also supposed to away at the weekend but it looks like that is cancelled too! Booooo!

So as I'm feeling annoyed I will be cracking open a bottle of wine tonight!

Nay

Happy belated birthday Steve

Evening ladies:)

I lost 1lb! - am genuinely over the moon as I had braced myself for a gain (even had heavier trousers on because of the cold) I never done my long walk, and weather prevented my hiking etc. etc. - all the excuses or reasons were there and not needed.

Welcome back Hanna 2lb is great by the way - especially after the excesses;)

I feel top of the world now - such a great feeling that a lot of things conspired and I still lost.

I feel I will have a good week next week - good luck everyone, and I hope the snow "gives"

Steve

This Slimcast comes to you courtesy EA Sports. EA Sports - It's in the game:p

As team captain I think I should get to test software lol. God job I'm not a gamer lol.

PPS - I got my silver body magic too!

Hi folks, mind if I join in as I really do need to lose half of me? So far I've managed 18lb in 3 weeks and looking forward to trying the onion bhajis, anyone willing to post up a syn-free curry recipe so that we can have the full Indian meal?

Hi
this is a nice recipe that I've made twice already!
Chicken, Spinach & Potato Curry

Ingredients

• 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 794g (1lb 12oz) skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
• 170g (6oz) baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
• 2tbsp medium or hot curry powder
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• A large handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves

Method
1. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder, stir to mix well. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and 397ml (14fl oz) of water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 mins, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
3. Remove from the heat and season well with salt and black pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.

I get a curry mix of dried spices from the local asian grocery store and it really is tasty. If you can't get hold of something like that I'd suggest using the base spices that you would normally use rather than a generic 'curry powder' :) That said it might just be that they're not to my taste - I'm sure if you're a curry eater you'll tinker with the recipe anyway! :D

Hi folks, mind if I join in as I really do need to lose half of me? So far I've managed 18lb in 3 weeks and looking forward to trying the onion bhajis, anyone willing to post up a syn-free curry recipe so that we can have the full Indian meal?

Welcome aboard:) all welcome here.

Hi
this is a nice recipe that I've made twice already!
Chicken, Spinach & Potato Curry

Ingredients

• 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 794g (1lb 12oz) skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
• 170g (6oz) baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
• 2tbsp medium or hot curry powder
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• A large handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves

Method
1. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder, stir to mix well. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and 397ml (14fl oz) of water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 mins, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
3. Remove from the heat and season well with salt and black pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.

I get a curry mix of dried spices from the local asian grocery store and it really is tasty. If you can't get hold of something like that I'd suggest using the base spices that you would normally use rather than a generic 'curry powder' :) That said it might just be that they're not to my taste - I'm sure if you're a curry eater you'll tinker with the recipe anyway! :D

That sounds a treat too - I recently purchased the SW Curry book so will get around to trying some of them. I never bother with spinach as a rule, yet it is a super food and most people are deficient in iron - might just do the right thing and eat my greens lol.

Right no sneaking in today, STS this week, which Is better than expected as I've had no self control with wine this week :) what with the kids being off school since tues, unbelievable weather and trying to work with kids around! (I'm self employed so if I don't work no pay) I've needed a glass or two in the evening :)

That recipe looks good Lesley I love spinach in curry's

And welcome aboard ridecar2 :)
Nay

Thanks Mrsnb, I have now tried the bhajis and they really are good, this time around I didn't add nearly enough spices (next time I will though.) I'm really looking forward to trying the curry.

Aha - so you are human after all Nay;)

No, staying the same in this weather - especially after your little mishaps is still a good achievement.

I tried to walk out today but only managed 2.1 miles anywhere off road is unpassable, and even on the roads is dangerous as well as treacherous. So no fun or enjoyment, but at least I tried.

I even found a discarded steps machine in the loft, new battteries added (it has a built in counter/computer counting time, steps and calories. Ok not ideal but a workout without getting run over or frostbite lol.

I'm doing 5 minutes every hour with the tension set very tight! - funny how my legs/thighs are killing after 5 minutes, yet 5 miles walking doesn't hurt - go figure!

Sick of being stuck indoors - a definite case of cabin fever!!!

Well done for the 1lb loss Steve, and a STS is not to be sneezed at either Nay! (especially as you have been er... 'enjoying'? (lol) the company of your children whilst trying to work!)

:welcome: Ridecar2, and well done on your losses so far - 18lb in 3 weeks is amazing!

Lesley - that curry sounds great, thanks for posting it :)

Random update!

21 weeks until I go to Florida
32lb to lose

1.5lb a week sounds very easy. Please keep me focussed gang - ass-kicking is allowed lol.

The curry is gorgeous :D don't forget to post when you've had it and give your feedback! Other bonus is that it's so quick to make!
Until I first made this I had never eaten spinach in my life :eek: now I'm panicking because I forgot to get some at Asda today! How things change eh?
Pogle - i also add chilli to my 12 speed soup or a dash of hot pepper sauce and a dash of worcestershire - makes it much yummier! :p

Hey gang, what exactly is this speed soup I keep hearing about? - I love soup and enjoy making it from scratch.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Recipe is here...

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/135012-super-speed-soup.html

I've had it for lunch every day for a week, and am making another batch tomorrow :D We shall have to wait and see if it has made any difference to my losses though! (Although, to be honest, it is so yummy provided it doesn't make me gain I will forgive it if it doesn't actually speed anything up!)

Well, I lost 2.5lbs this week, which I am happy with :D

Well done Pogle 2.5 is great result :)

And Steve don't be daft of course I'm human! That's why I haven't made my target yet, I find wine hard to resist :)

Well I'm going to try the soup and the chicken curry recipe this week and hope it redeems my bad behaviour of last week, which continued into the weekend :)

We have done a lot of sledging though, I discovered yesterday that walking in deep snow is hard work!

Have quite enjoyed this impromptu little holiday with the kids :)

Nay

Well, I lost 2.5lbs this week, which I am happy with :D
Excellent loss - 2.5lb wow I'm hoping I can get similar. Oh and thanks for the recipe - will investigate further!
Well done Pogle 2.5 is great result :)

And Steve don't be daft of course I'm human! That's why I haven't made my target yet, I find wine hard to resist :)

Well I'm going to try the soup and the chicken curry recipe this week and hope it redeems my bad behaviour of last week, which continued into the weekend :)

We have done a lot of sledging though, I discovered yesterday that walking in deep snow is hard work!

Have quite enjoyed this impromptu little holiday with the kids :)

Nay

Nay I can concur! like walking in sand, certainly tests the hamstring/calves etc.

I lost a pound without trying as forgot to take last Wednedsy's 1lb off my profile thingy:)

Oh and I managed to get out Sunday but had to walk the roads as pavement/paths/sidewalks (Florida-talk lol) are iceblocks. Managed 5.7 mile in exactly two hours including a nice incline to finish. Glad to finally get out properly, but road-walking takes it out of the joints for sure!!

Dread to think how much I will whinge if and when I take up running!!!

Two more nights before weigh-in - assuming group is on as lots of cancellations recently. Roads are clear, but the church car park where we go isn't.

I spoke too soon about no snow! We didn't get as much as some places, but enough to cause chaos and shut schools... So fed up with the weather now, it was -9 here early this morning!!
WI tonight, really hoping I get my club 10! I've been 100% this week, but totm so not expecting too much :sigh:
Hope everyone is keeping warm!!

Back