Halfway there - it's a long journey!

I love it when things live up to expectation! I had a gorgeous dinner of fish with veggies ...I had too much veggies but I'm not gonna worry about that. I don't know if anyone else is a fan but I recently discovered mashed cauli which satisfies my need for carbs in a meal. Last night I added a little veggie stock, black pepper and garlic and it was mighty fine!

Okay I don't understand myself sometimes. I've gone all of this time satisfied with the packs etc and then as soon as I eat, I can't seem to stop myself! I'm in my 810 weeks and I only had the foods on the list but had too much of it .... it's a sickness I swear!

I actually forgot to have my lunch today - I've never been one of those people. I'm on a training week and therefore working a different shift so I wasn't hungry when they called lunch and figured I'd just eat my bar in the afternoon session - not a big deal. I was on my way home and realised I just hadn't done it! So lasted all day on a Choc-mint shake and then had the rest of my day once I got home ... it was kind of like a binge!

OMG! Quorn! Who knew? The stuff is fab. Definitely adding that to the shopping list once I'm back to full time eating. It was tasty and amazingly filling - the 275gm allowed is a lot and that's coming from someone who's portion sizes were out of control.

So discovered something else delicious ....mix celeriac and cauli together for mashing - perfect replacement for mashed potatoes! I hope these things are all going to taste as good once up eating full time again. Another dull day - when is summer going to really arrive? I need the mood boosting sunshine!

Hey Plum, I'm liking your 810 meal ideas. I have no idea about cooking and am nervous about going to step 2! How did you make your quorn? Have you tried the celeriac chips?
Hope your day brightens up x

Hi Red! Well I don't know about ideas, but like you I was very nervous about doing it and being able to be in control and go straight back. So far so good. I was really anxious about the quorn, I had never had it before and wasn't sure what to do with it and what it would taste like. I cooked it with the low salt veggie stock (Marigold bouillon) and then added some portabellini mushrooms and broccoli and had it with the mash ... too many veggies (I couldn't stick to 80 gm) but I really enjoyed it! The rest of the time, I kept it simple. I had fish or chicken and kept to "one pot" cooking. Browning the meat and then throwing in a little stock and then the veggies. It was really tasty, or I was happy (and I wanted to enjoy whatever I was eating)!! If you find any other good ways to do it all I'd love to hear about it. Let me know how you go - good luck!

Hi, I guess half the battle is accepting that it isn't going to be easy: it's a challenge - just like physically climbing Everest would be. ...and we may not be climbers but we are strong determined people non the less who are achieving their life's dream. We are in it for the long haul: and by keeping our target in sight we just press on towards it. Keeping the focus solely on the target, not looking down to focus on the smaller milestones, but keeping our heads up and looking into the distance to the beautiful goal of our dreams ( in my case .....oh that lovely dress I want to be able to wear that pulls in tight around the waist and looks amazing from ALL angles......)
on a more practical note: my consultant is really good and has 15 yrs experience and she says that it's important to measure as well as weigh, cos when you don't lose lbs you probably will see loss that week in inches. Maybe you should seek out a new CD consultant?
Strange there's not more talk here about inch loss??

Hi Morag. I am actually seeing my third CD counsellor and I'm not sure I have ever been measured? The first time I did a VLCD I did it using Lighter Life and went through the meetings and now I am pretty much doing this on my own. I only see my consultant once a month. I measured myself about 5 weeks after starting but to be honest I don't have the big inch losses that other people have as I am not an apple shape (well, the last time I checked anyway!). I will measure again shortly and post them but am going mainly by how I feel and my clothing.

So for some reason I was really hungry today and battled mental hunger as well. I'm not sure which kicks of which but by it can be tough sometimes! I think I was longing for food as the taste of it was so recent. It can be really hard when you feel so much better and yet have so far to go ....

It's Monday. New week and am trying to get some excitement and oomph into my mood ....I think I'm suffering from diet fatigue. Just wanna get there

plum! I found your diary! I'm such a numpty - so sorry for not posting earlier. I'm going to have a read and will reply again in a minute xx

Ok, here goes.

You are an inspiration, to cope with slowing losses, and sts weeks, and manage the 810 with such innovation and variety. And all that whilst seeing your CWPC once a month! I hope your losses get a nice boost now, and the next 12 weeks fly by. To be under 200lbs - what an achievement :)

As for gall bladder on a vlcd - I lost mine whilst doing slimming world 3 years ago. No fast losses, but I guess the fat processing caused some nasty gallstones and I was quite ill with it. Had it removed via keyhole and haven't really noticed any difference without it. My gp said the risk factors are greater for women who are 'fat forty and fair' - not necessarily linked to a vlcd.

Again, sorry for not spotting your diary sooner - I'll keep up now!

Have a fabby day xx

Am on another train heading into London - I feel like a mouse on a wheel sometimes :)

Hiya cupcake! Thanks so much for popping by. I appreciate the info on the gall bladder. I've had what I think are a couple of attacks and someone told me that they can be a complication following a vlcd so was a bit nervous.

It's weird. I found the first couple of days back from the 810 week easy as pie ;-) but the next day was voraciously hungry and went through a real stamping my feet tantrum (in my head of course!). Why of why can't I just eat like everyone else - oh yeah!! I don't eat like everyone else! But I think it's settled down again and back into routine. I cling to routine on this diet like a drowning man to a life boat!. If I'm doing anything different in my day that will change it, I have to plan ahead and be prepared.

I forgot to mention how excited I was to see 13 on the scale! So freaking fantastic and when I think about it, it gets me excited again and I can recapture a bit of momentum.

Anyway blather over. I hope everyone is doing well! Another successful day ahead!

Great job Plum! I totally get your point about organisation - if anything unexpected occurs I'm a bit perplexed tbh. I can cop, as long as I'm organised. And yes, I think I am a control freak!! Just have never been able to control my weight (until hopefully now).

So glad you've got settled again after 810 - perhaps it was a mini re entry to Ketosis that caused the hunger? And for seeing the 13s - I'm dreaming of that day :). Enjoy the feeling - you deserve it!

Hope London goes ok, take care xx

Does anyone have those days on the diet where you feel like you've lost about 10lbs? Had one today ...was prancing around like I weighed 10 stone. Well maybe a bit of an exaggeration but you get the picture! Other days reality is heavy and not so good. But today ... Nice!

So... exciting discovery! I can almost cross my legs again!! It's in my list of reasons to stay on the diet. One of those things that slimmer people take for granted and I got too fat for. I needed motivation so I started a list and tried to write one for each of the days I was on the diet. I re-read every now and then and it's great for recapturing that initial drive and also for checking off some targets you weren't even aware you'd reached. Highly recommend it!

Hi Bubbly! Thanks for stopping by. Nothing exciting going on unfortunately. Well except for the fact that we are all on our way to healthier slimmer lives!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy. Twirling in a circle and doing a Frankie dance :)

*jealous* - leg crossing! How absolutely blooming awesome! Yes, I'm adding that to my goal list alongside touching my toes ( and seeing them too ;) )!

That's amazing - well done :) xx

Back