Halfway there - it's a long journey!

Had a pretty nice morning as had to quickly try on some clothes and they fit! What a nice feeling. I got to goal in 2007 using LL and then, well long story, put it all back on and more. Because of that I have buckets of clothes from size 22-10 - it all feels new as I unload the next size to wear. It is confusing with sizes, they're all over the place. I have to laugh at myself - when I was bigger and something fit I would be so excited I would buy it in every colour. A "thank God" moment for the fat girl! I wonder when I will stop doing that - I have 5 pairs of trousers the same!! Love them though.

Finding it hard to get going today and I know it's because I have stuff planned and am not quite sure how I'm going to manage my packs. I think ill be having a 4 day as its going to be a long one!

Hey Plum, hang in there and organise products as best you can! Having four is hardly the end of the world :) and it's better than letting yourself get hungry and having to resist.

Are you doing, with your clothes, that when they are too big you throw / charity / eBay them? I think I might with my 16's (when I'm out of them) as an extra incentive to not eat my way back into them. I've read a few other people do it? Just wondering other peoples opinion on the subject...

Keep going and well done on the diary :D xx

Wowser on the clothing front - I know that trying on my 20's were amazing :)

That's a good lint about 'old' big sizes - what to do? Psychologically I suppose they should be binned, but I'm wondering if I could have some things altered? I definitely want to keep a pair of hideous work trousers so I can put both legs in one side one day and laugh..... ;)

Hope your 4 pack day is going well plum. I've done a couple of 4 pack days and its made no difference to the losses. If you need it it's better than going off plan I think xx

Thanks guys. I had a good weekend and stuck to plan. I have 4 packs whenever I need to actually - I figure that its better than going nuts and keeps me satisfied. It is day 168 for me today .... How is that possible?!? I lost 2lbs this week so am happier. I think I've said before I tend to lose slower than others but have had a couple of really low losses that were f'ing with my head and joining forces with my evil voice to try and throw me off track. Don't I sound like a psycho! Anyway am still determined to keep going. I am in the 13s for the first time in 6 or so years and almost feel like a regular person. I hope everyone else had a good weekend and kept their eyes on the goal - it's getting closer all the time!!!

Oh, I forgot to answer your query about clothes Red. I'm in a really quandary actually. Because I've done this before, I'm nervous about getting rid of them (I can't really afford to keep buying a new wardrobe) but I also worry that it will effect me psychologically? I think I'm going to pack them for now, but get rid of any I was never really happy with but bought because (thank God!) they fit - I love pulling a few out occasionally to see how much I've changed because sometimes I don't really feel it and believe it and it helps it sink in and gives you motivation to keep going!

Hi plum, I'm like you, having 4 packs when needed rather than cooking a separate meal for me. Most days it's just 3, but there's spare if I need 4. It works and its a good safety net.

And again, like you, I'm not getting rid of clothes just yet. I did a little sort this weekend, and my absolute biggest size 22's have been consigned to a pile whilst I enjoy wearing the 20's. it feels like tempting fate otherwise!

Hope you've had a great Monday - I'm in awe of you and how far you've come on your journey. So incredible to think that could be me one day :)

Xx

Thank you all! I don't know about a strong will so much as once I've got past a certain point I'm not gonna break for any old thing, I've put so much time and effort into it (and the pressure if everyone knowing helps!). I've had a couple of close calls but have managed do far. I just keep thinking ...."are we there yet!?"

See ....good day and now I'm longing for pizza! WTF!

I'm having one of those days when I want to eat and just tired of it all (the diet I mean!). Trains cancelled, late for work, wanna go face first into ...pret wrap ... Leon superfood salad ...bucket of chicken ....something!

Awww plum. You're doing so, so, so well. Stay strong Mrs. Hope that feeling has passed ... X

Started 5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Day26: pending!

Bit better today. At least I'm on time. Just think you have some periods (once you start feeling better) when you've come so far and yet it seems like forever til you get to the end ....I'm feeling a bit like a stuck record. I'm sure I'll snap out of it, but until then it's great to have somewhere to moan. Hope everyone else is doing well and bearing up under all the pressures! I know we can do this but sometimes I wobble

Plum, you are doing so well. I can't even begin to wonder how I'll feel that far in - you are bound to get those fed up feelings. I watch people eat with real fascination. It still feels alien to be around food at times - yet compelling!
That's the weird side of this plan, on a good day its a doddle. On a bad day, it feels like mental and physical torture.

Hope today is a good day xx

It's day 171? I have a countdown app on my phone and besides giving me a number to my vacation it also gives me a day count for the diet. Everything helps. When I realize just how much I have sacrificed so far for this, it is crazy to give up when I'm 'so close'! I am doing an 810 day Saturday (for a special occasion) but will be handling the food so I think it will be fine. Lets see what they think of a 'diet' meal?! I am so relieved that the food thing is really not an issue at my new job. I work evenings and some places it can create quite a conversation when you only have soup every day - and of course we know people can put their oar in. But it is bliss. No one has said a thing and actually I love not having to prepare a meal for work. I'd love to be able to always have cuppa soup - no fuss or bother! Another day another bit closer to the ultimate goal!

Hey plum!

Well done chick. Just get ur head down n keep moving :)

No-one at my work has even noticed that I'm on a diet. Have my soup in a bowl!

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Hi plum - I like that. One day closer to the ultimate goal...... That's what it is all about!

I hate being at work and having to eat - I often 'nip out for a sandwich' and have a shake in the car, or in the park. I'm not planning to be open about Cambridge at work, ever. I'm just not confident enough to have the inevitable doubters and criticisers and doomsayers make their judgements. I agree - a cup of soup is the perfect solution to all the faff. Maybe if Cambridge did 'plain clothes' soup sachets and bars, then it would be easier?!

Hope your day closer to goal was a good one xx

Back