Halfway there - it's a long journey!

I think it worked....or coincidence - today was an easy day. Could it also be that I know I'm going to have some food this weekend ....mmmmmmm, will see cos I'm gonna ask for an easy day again tomorrow!

I was also thinking of some of the little lovely NSVs I've noticed lately:

- I can give myself a pedicure
- I don't ache after being at work - and my ankles aren't swollen by the end of the night
- My skin is fab
- I can get up my ladder without worrying about the weight restriction
- I don't wake up so many times at night to hoist myself into a new position cos something is hurting!
- The towel overlaps
- I fit my robe with no gaping

One of the things I'm not sure I will ever get past though - I've avoided mirrors and cameras for years! I hate, hate, hate what I see. I've realised I look in the mirror when necessary and see what I have to but don't really take it in (f that makes sense?).

I'm a work in progress ....and progress never ends!!

Yes, yes, yes! It worked again! The real test is a day off. without work to distract me I have too much time to start craving.

After all of the comments about coke zero, I have added it to my day. I'm really enjoying it (particularly now it's hot) but I find it 'fills me up' and I don't drink as much water? I could drink diet coke before and never noticed a full feeling - what's that about?

I''m having an 810 day today and tomorrow so feeling very relaxed and looking forward to a dinner! Hope the weigh in on Monday is ok with my new plan.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling even lighter and brighter in this weather!

Wow what a fantastic weekend - I am so glad summer has finally arrived! I had a good 810 weekend, though I eat way more veggies than I should but I'm not gonna worry about it. My weigh in was great so am thinking I'll keep this up - weekends on 810, weeks on SS+. It keeps me satisfied and also feeling like I'm making some changes i.e. eating food but still losing.

I have 12 weeks to my vacation and as I want to be able to eat normally, my plan is to start going up the steps about 4 weeks before. Unfortunately I won't be at my goal but as I'm sure that I will put on whilst I'm away I've decided to start straight back on it once I'm back. I really hope I'm not kidding myself ....well I have time to keep thinking of the right approach.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Woke up after dreaming of a chicken, bacon salad sandwich - boy did it look good!

Hi plum. I dreamt of food too. Pizza. With coleslaw. I was so relieved to wake up!

Why do we never crave what we should?!

Xx

I actually crave some good stuff occasionally (would kill for a crispy apple!) but the bad stuff definitely outweighs the good!

Cupcake I ordered exante to save money. The bumper box arrived today and although I'm a little nervous about rocking the boat it was £95 for 4 weeks! I'm going to do days of exante interspersed with Cambridge until I'm sure that I like enough of the exante foods. I had the choc this morning - didn't love it but I don't like the Cambridge one and this one was ok. How are you doing?

I've looked at exante, and slim and save, but I'm a scaredy cat of changing to something that might not be as effective as Cambridge. And what if I don't like it?! There's a few sellers on eBay which makes me wonder if people didn't like them and are selling them on for that reason.

I have found my fav flavours on Cambridge, and my CWPC will exchange anything that I don't like, so no waste. I'm actually thinking further ahead to maintaining and would like to always have mango, chilli and lemon in the cupboard on a sort of 5:2 basis. The plan is working for me, it's just the cost. I average about £48 per week, but I do sometimes have 4x sachets. I wish Cambridge offered some sort of incentive discount for long term users - loyalty discounts! Might help people continue?!

I'd love to hear what flavours you have enjoyed, and how your losses go - it might be that change shakes things up for you (no pun intended).

I'm still feeling v angry towards my boss for putting me in this situation. But I'm going to sell what I can to keep going. It's not going to be forever, and actually this focuses me more in terms of being 100%. I literally cannot afford to be messing around!

Let me know which flavours you like :) xx

The end of my first day on Exante

Breakfast - chocolate. Quite good
Lunch - Veggie soup. Delicious
Dinner - Strawberry. Pretty good.

I had pretty much got down to using Choc mint and Chic mush with a choc tetra and choc orange bar thrown in for interest and if I needed a 4th. I'll decide tomorrow morning whether I'll have an Exante day or Cambridge day. I quite like the idea of changing it up so I hope it doesn't play with my losses. Has anyone else done this mix or have you made the full-on change to Exante and its worked?

So, why does it always have "Edit my signature" at the bottom? Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Oh no, am I an idiot? Do I only see it as it's my profile and comments? Whoops!

You're not an idiot!

I get easily confused on my tablet - it doesn't show signatures which confuses me no end!

Hope all is well plum xx

Thanks cupcake! Things are going well. I finished my 2nd day of exante:

- vanilla (lovely!)
- toffee, nut, raisin bar (blech)
- Thai chicken soup (ok)
- banana (delish)

It's funny cos I know people have loved the bars but I really didn't. However you may be surprised to know I still finished it ?. I guess my issues with food are still alive and well. I think I felt I had to as it was an allowed bit of solid food!

So, as long as my weight losses continue as they have been I think I could make the move to exante. I would really miss the choc mint as its my fave but what I like about the exante shakes, is that are far less sweet - the vanilla kind of tastes like melted ice cream! I'm not sure how I would manage what I don't like but we'll see. It would be good to set up some kind of swap meet!

I hope all is ok with everyone and they are stepping off their scales and doing a happy dance!!

Hey plum

Just caught up! Ur doing well I see. I will move onto exante too think. Off the wagon at moment but getting back on imminently!

Ill update diary soon ;-)

Have a great day!

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hiya bubbly, glad to see you're back!

So quick catch up on the exante front:

Mushroom - disgusting!
Tomato and basil - quite palatable with a little of this and a little of that
Choc orange bar - ok

So! All in all (just like with Cambridge) the shakes are better than the soups. I love the veggie soup! If I were to do it full time, I'd have to figure out a way of getting the flavours I like without wasting money on the ones I don't. I can't see how I would do that and then it wouldn't work out any cheaper. I suppose I could sell the unwanted ones on eBay but what a hassle and for a less I'd guess. I have to sit down and really figure it all out. I have to say it has given me a little excitement to have something new to look forward to and I've liked the change. The real test will be weigh in. It may be all in my head but the exante shakes feel much richer and I almost feel like I'm cheating! Back to Cambridge for the weekend and I've missed the choc mint.

Hope all is well with everyone! I'm thinking the heat is helping everyone's water intake and it makes it easier to want to be healthy!

Hi plum - mixed views on the Exante then? Can I ask are the calorie contents similar to CWP shakes and soups? Or are they higher?

Glad you are doing to well though, and you are an inspiration for trying other things. I totally get the excitement of having something new to try too.

Hope you are having a good weekend xx

Yes mixed. I think part of it is not wanting to leave Cambridge, a weird sort of desertion and fear. But I woke up this morning wanting a vanilla ....so its an exante day. Had a step 2 weekend but really I had WAY too many veggies so pulled me out of ketosis although straight back in this morning. If I'm going to do the step 2 meal weekends then I have to be stricter - I think I may start pushing and pushing and pushing! What am I saying, I may?!?! Who am I kidding? I already am pushing. Back to basics for the week and we'll see next weekend.

Oh and the calories are higher - about 200 per item! A whopping 60? for a day!

Wow - 200?! Then 3 a day is the same as Cambridge 4 a day! Have you looked at slim and save? The calories there seem to compare favourably to CWP. Xx

No haven't heard great things about the flavours. I'm happy enough with this unless my losses are effected but people seem to lose the same. I think at this level of cals it's whether you go into ketosis that's the key. I say 'I think' but I'm really guessing. I have the months worth so will see how it goes.

Well I'm rooting for you. It's so interesting to see what's out there. I'm happy to stick with CWP as I've found what I like, but if you search on eBay for vlcd it's astonishing what is for sale! Plans I've never heard of!

Take care xx

Back