Halfway there - it's a long journey!

You're right day 172 - over 6 months - whoa! It's gonna be a good one, I can tell!

So it's amazing how you mention something and boom! I got quizzed on the diet yesterday at work. Yes, yes, yes, that's right - I'm not eating anything! Luckily it was just curiosity and no negativity. It seems there are so many 'radical' diets out there that people are a little more accepting than when I did it before.

Funny thing. I'm really noticing that my feet have lost weight! I was vaguely aware when I put on weight that I couldn't wear the same shoes but I kind of blanked it out in all the horror of everything else but I put a pair of old faithfuls on and they swim .... Now don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for losses everywhere but please, please, please let me next notice it from my thighs :)

So I had a lovely realization today. I walked my fast walk to the station today and really noticed no strain or breathlessness! FAB!

Aww that's great Plum. Glad your getting fitter and feeling the benefits! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Hey plum

How are you doing? Winning I hope :)
X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Plum? You've disappeared. Hope all ok chick :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

So that's what it's been like in my head for the past few days. Sorry I haven't been here but I had another low weight loss (1.2lbs) and the mental gymnastics that followed have all been negative. I have always said that I have a talent for eating and for gaining weight - well my body just doesn't want to let it go! I think I lost 7lbs in the last month and when you are on this diet and denying yourself everything and you read how others are losing 3 and 4lbs and are gutted, its hard not to go face first into a bucket of KFC. I have been round and round in my head but even though I could lose at this speed eating .....you know what? I wouldn't because I would overeat cos that's what I do!!! The numbers would go up and the cycle would start again. Complete denial works for me (albeit slowly at the moment) so I just have to tough it out. Is there anyone else out there like this?

I had 1lb loss last week and have been having similar thoughts all week, my next weigh in is Saturday and according to my scales I'm the same and have been all week :-( I've been 100% all last week and this week and just know I'll be really disappointed if I don't get a loss on Saturday.

Aw plum *hug*. I know how you feel cos that was me on SW - I just sts most weeks and mentally I was a bit overwhelmed by it. I stopped SW, ate whatever, and then gained 3 stone back in a flash!

You've still lost, albeit not the bigger loss you deserved. But I guess our bodies at some point must second guess us and slow it all down. Is there anything you could change? Your pattern of shakes/bars? Your water intake? Exercise? Flavours? Try doing one thing different and see if it helps in anyway.

I'm expecting a rubbish week this week as I'm bloated beyond belief on anti-biotics and a stupid pickled cucumber lapse. It's hard to accept when you are trying so hard!

Keep going girl. You've come a long way xx

Thanks guys. It's not like I'm close to cracking (or at least I don't think so!) I'm just a bit fed up and frustrated. I appreciate the support! I really hope you have a decent loss this week Mandy and cupcake ... Isn't it amazing what suddenly becomes irresistible! I had to get rid of extra cans of tuna after my 810 week cos the little voice was telling me I could have it and it wouldn't be too bad. Yep it sure wouldn't but the little voice would have then said "you've done it now you might as well have ......." I played it all out in my mind and just had to get the tuna out of here! I hope you feel better soon!

Hey plum, glad you're back :)

Know EXACTLY what you mean about not going on another diet because I couldn't eat anything in the right amounts. I'm an all or nothing chick. Has to be no food for me. Couldn't do calorie counting or measuring. Wd struggle with 810...

I echo what cupcake says... Fast walk for 20 mins before you shower and go to work (get up half hour earlier, stick tunes on iPod?) make one little change. If you want to do bit of exercise Ill set you a challenge and do it with you daily if you like? I might do one cos I've got a wedding 4 weeks today.

How's about not weighing (shock, horror!!) I'm not weighing for another 4 weeks. Been 100%

Stick with it honey. You can do this and we will be here to help you :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Thanks again for the support and ideas. I don't think I would last if I wasn't weighing ....however the exercise sounds like a good idea. I started to add something today. I had a nice weekend and a couple of 810 days as a friend was over..... hmmm they liked the mashed celeriac and cauli as well!! I'm considering doing 810 or SS+ food days on the weekends to try and give myself a bit of a change and keep it going. It seemed to work this weekend so will think about it more this week. I had a 3lb loss today so am happy about that and hoping that it will be a while before I have the low losses. I hope everyone is doing ok - I've read the diaries and it seems you are all rocking on! It's another beautiful day and that sure helps! Got the 'I'm feeling good' song now stuck in my head, thank goodness it's perfect!

Yay! 3lbs is fab - well done you! Good plan for the weekends, I think that makes perfect sense. I've ss+ at weekends too, and it makes social events doable. You must do whatever keeps you moving forwards, and happy. Xx

Well done wee Plum!

You're doing great. It's good you're pre-empting the weekends :)

Glad you're adding in a little bit if exercise!

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

So last night I was fighting the 'urges' and I don't know why they came. I had that feeling in your mouth and you just have to shove food in there - of course I could only have water and ended up trying to sleep to bypass it. Why oh why?!? I just wanna be normal! Do normal slim people binge ...have cravings .... immediately think pizza when hearing a moped....put fave food stops on vacations ....order extra large+. I don't think so. I think I need a food addict lobotomy!

Btw thanks CC and bubbles .... I so wish I was "wee plum" - love it!

Plum, if I had a wish it would be to make food calorie free. So we could all enjoy what we wanted, when we wanted, how we wanted, without the fear of obesity, and related illnesses.

That is all :)

Cor.... what a great wish! That's up there with the lottery!! I'm siting on my balcony before work soaking up some glorious sun (before it goes into hiding again) and just wondering what makes an easy day easy... and could I just decide it was going to be that way (positive thinking and all that!)? I've decided. I'll let you know how it went later ;-)

Back