Has anyone had abuse for loosing weight??!!

Choccyfan72

Because I have lost weight (5 stone) people started saying Ooo you've lost enough weight don't loose anymore.... To one colleague asking was I anorexic or had cancer,!!!
Does anyone think people can be jealous if you loose weight and they can't? Hopefully I'm making sense lol. X

Because I have lost weight (5 stone) people started saying Ooo you've lost enough weight don't loose anymore.... To one colleague asking was I anorexic or had cancer,!!!
Does anyone think people can be jealous if you loose weight and they can't? Hopefully I'm making sense lol. X

Think people are totally jealous of ur success. Just ignore them. You don't need there approval :)

If they ask if u're anorexic say "i don't think so, anorexic's look in the mirror + see fat, I look in the mirror + see how fabulous I'm looking" followed by "I could give you a few diet tips if you want lol" x

Yes. One woman at my work tells me I shouldn't aspire to be a size 12 (what I have in mind) cos its too skinny for me. And she will 'stop me' if I go too far apparently. Ill seriously snap if she ever tells me I look too thin.

Ignore them all I say! It's our bodies and as long as we're not underweight then who cares x

Yes. One woman at my work tells me I shouldn't aspire to be a size 12 (what I have in mind) cos its too skinny for me. And she will 'stop me' if I go too far apparently. Ill seriously snap if she ever tells me I look too thin.

Ignore them all I say! It's our bodies and as long as we're not underweight then who cares x

Lol- have images of her pinning you down and shoving chocolate eclairs down your throat whilst phoning the police to report your outrageous weight loss. Seriously, what a daft thing for her to say!!

I've had people say I've gone too far and should stop (bearing in mind I stopped over a year ago as that's when I got to target) also had people tell other people I look too skinny... I really don't care... I'm happy with my weight, I looked in the mirror today and honestly for the first time ever saw that I really do not need to loose any weight anywhere... but I really don't look TOO skinny.
Just ignore it, its usually jealousy... or sometimes people worry that you may take it that step too far, but slimming world is a nice healthy eating plan, so they need not worry

People have us pegged. We fit a certain stereo-type they've given us. We're the over-weight but still fun people. We're the friend you call when you want to look better. We're the person they go out to lunch with when they want to scoff but not do it alone. We're the one they complain to about certain aspects of themselves because they know we know how it feels.

When you lose weight, you effectively move out of that pigeon-hole, and they then have to find somewhere else to fit you, in their mind. But everyone resists change, and they don't want to have to do that, so they encourage you to stay as you are, or even gain some weight back, so that they feel secure in their own selves again.

It's not us. It's them.

I am glad it's not just me, when my colleague asked if I had cancer, I could of cried, because my aunty just got diagnosed with cancer the same week,. Also if I hadn't lost weight I would not have broken my ribs (fell through the banister, I was SOBER) they would not of found my heart condition until it was much worse, I put the symptoms down to weigh before x

Lol- have images of her pinning you down and shoving chocolate eclairs down your throat whilst phoning the police to report your outrageous weight loss. Seriously, what a daft thing for her to say!!
Exactly! She's always like 'I won't let you go too far!' Feel like telling her to p***off! Lol

Even though I have only been doing slimming world THREE WEEKS, somebody said to me on week 2, Oh dont lose to much, as your so tall you will look ill. I just looked at her, What planet is she on ?? Ive lost 10lbs not 10stone YET !!!!!

I think people have just been used to me as the fat friend for so long they cant imagine me being any different lol. Also I think they are Jel !!

I Long for the day somebody will think I could possible look ill due to weight loss lol. :eating:

People are jealous because like anything else loosing weight is hard and people assume we're going to fail... When they realise that we are doing something positive, out come the green eyes and claws lol x

That made me laugh. X

Oh god it's awful how jealous people can be at those of us losing weight. Someone at my work started a calorie counting diet to lose weight after Christmas, after seeing how my weight loss had made me look slimmer! I raved about SW and and brilliant it is, yet she went on calorie counting. She eats a single piece of fruit for breakfast at work, a pot noodle or a sandwich from the shop for lunch and then has a chicken stir fry or a veggie dinner with a few bits of pasta for tea. She is massively unhappy, always hungry and whining about how crap dieting is, yet when I tell her about SW she says it's crap!

She is very skinny anyway and doesn;t need to lose weight AT ALL, you can see her bones through her skin, but because fatty-me is losing weight (albeit slowly) and ppl in the office are cheering me on (some of them anyway - don't get me started!) she feels like she wants to do better. She told a colleague this exact thing!

Jealousy is annoying and skinny minis can rub in our faces how skinny and slim and perfect they look. But from my experiences, we all have weight issues, no matter our size. I just wish even the skinny flat-tummy early-20-somethings could see that slimming world is about healthy eating and not starving yourself into depression and there is no need to compete. We should all just find a healthy medium and try to be happy!

My only thing at work is besides the odd Incredibly rude person is that, I am the manager of my Dept, I have worked here for 22 years, and whenever someone comes into the office, they will always want to speak to one of my assistants, it feels like because i'm obese i can't possibly be the manager, its just the way they will walk past me to go to one of them, I supose when i have lost a bit more we will see what happens then.

My old work colleague (she got sacked because of the comment) said in front of my boss and supervisor, well if I can't loose weight I hope you die of your gammy heart!! :-( needless to say that didn't go down well. X

My old work colleague (she got sacked because of the comment) said in front of my boss and supervisor, well if I can't loose weight I hope you die of your gammy heart!! :-( needless to say that didn't go down well. X

i am absolutley horrified by that comment!

people can be so bluddy vile sometimes.

I've been getting a bit of stick recently. I'm doing slim and save so people tend to have negative reactions because they seem to think I'm starving myself. I've always been overweight and was horrified when I weighed in at 15st2! I decided to do a VLCD as my first ever diet because for me a tfr diet seemed easier. I usually have 3 packs and a protein meal instead of 4 packs and always have my veg allowance but in work I just have shakes. I work mainly with females who always feel the need to comment. What's worse is that the one who is the worst has actually TRIED this exact same diet and failed! They keep telling me I'll end up ill or that I'll pile the weight back on and more and generally just try to bring me down. I've lost over 3 stone on this diet and am now a size 12 dropping from a 20 and don't ever intend on going there again. I'm planning on joining sw once I've lost my final stone and a bit to learn how to eat for the rest of my life. I refuse to get big again and have enough determination to know I won't. It is just jealousy, I've realised that now. I'm healthier and happier than I ever have been and me losing weight, getting to where I want to be while they are sat on their arses willing me to fail because they did is a massive two fingers up at them. I think that feeling is actually better than the feeling of losing the weight in the first place.

Wow... Massive rant haha xx

Even though I have only been doing slimming world THREE WEEKS, somebody said to me on week 2, Oh dont lose to much, as your so tall you will look ill. I just looked at her, What planet is she on ?? Ive lost 10lbs not 10stone YET !!!!!

I think people have just been used to me as the fat friend for so long they cant imagine me being any different lol. Also I think they are Jel !!

I Long for the day somebody will think I could possible look ill due to weight loss lol. :eating:

I am tall as well. 5' 10" and people said to me that I needed to be the weight I was because I was tall. I feel so much better now, proud to be in a size 10 and I really dont care what people say. I overheard someone in group say today "she doesnt need to be here, why does she come". I help out as am in the Social Team but at the end of the day its what you feel comfy with. S W will not let you go dangerously under and I have been at target 16 months now and feel fab! :)

Last edited:
I didn't realise that people are so mean, through jealousy, it really is a sad sad world ;/ x

What is wrong with sone people! They have no morals.
i have a freind who sais how am i ever gonna survive being constantly on a diet, i wont be able to be on it forever etc when i say i cant have certain foods (i obvi can have them but i choose not to)
i try explain its not a diet its just eating right she sais yeah okay then
i now know not to try explain myself anymore and just let them get on with it, its upto them if they want to eat crap all day everyday :p

What is wrong with sone people! They have no morals.
i have a freind who sais how am i ever gonna survive being constantly on a diet, i wont be able to be on it forever etc when i say i cant have certain foods (i obvi can have them but i choose not to)
i try explain its not a diet its just eating right she sais yeah okay then
i now know not to try explain myself anymore and just let them get on with it, its upto them if they want to eat crap all day everyday :p

I don't ever say the "D" word (diet) NO healthy eating plan, and if I want chocolate I will have it, just a smaller bar. And I've tried a few treats and because my taste buds have changed i didn't like it ( chip shop chips for 1) so I hope to never go back to the way I was, but as everything else its a everyday battle ;) x

Back