Has anyone tried this?

I'm a firm believer that carbs make you fat so yes I think this would work. Perhaps not easy, depending on what you crave. I'm a huge bread, pasta and tattie lover but not had any for 3 days now!

I tend to binge on rubbish & lets face it there's an awful lot of rubbish around which are all based on carbs.

Looks good, but I couldnt give up carbs... I love pasta and potatoes to much.

I was doing the weekly shop yesterday and looking at the information for all the food that I believed was healthy. Baked beans on toast, i thought this was a reasonably healthy meal. 40+ grams of carbs depending on the bread you use and the beans you use. 40g is about average for a small tin and 2 slices of toast.

I'm still very new to the whole low carbing but I'm being very careful now.

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the forum and did a low carb diet last year....no particular plan but just cut out starchy carbs. I did lose weight but fell off the wagon at Christmas (roast spuds and pudding etc ) then never really got back on it until recently. The diet described in the blog sounds like the sort of low carb diet I have been doing.

Some time ago, prior to trying a low carb diet, I had a problem where I would feel dizzy and shakey during the mid to late morning and have to have a chocolate bar or some biscuits to get back to normal. I found out that this was due to blood glucose spikes and insulin.

I visited my Doctor and was tested for T2 diabetes and was thanfully tested negative. My Dr. advised me to eat more carbs for breakfast i.e more toast or cerial.

This worked for a while but contributed to weight gain and after a while the dizzy spells came back and I found myself eating chocolate again to raise my blood glucose back to normal.

Since doing a low-carb plan I haven't had the dizzy spells apart from a brief spell having fallen off the wagon for a few months.

I gained 1 1/2 stone while off the wagon and am struggling to lose it again. Lass321 suggested a food and exercise diary so I'm going to try to use this to stay on plan.

Last edited:
I've been doing Dr Charles Clark high protein diet. It sounds similar to this... Not as strict as Atkins but low carb

Back