Has this happened to you?

Azar

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi all,

I Just wanted to find out if this has happened to any of you guys as well or not.

I had a client yesterday, and she said that before joining CD she had pain in her knee joints, specially when she was going up and down the stairs. (due to excess weight)

Now that she has lost some of her weight, she says that, that pain has dissapeared.

Have others here had similar stories?

Before i started losing weight i had problems walking to our local tesco's (about a 5 mins walk), i used to get bad pains in my back & hips. The pain was terrible so i usually took the car. Now i hardly ever use the car, i walk to the shops, i walk to the town & walk to & from work. Most days i walk 15,000 steps & love it.:) :) :)

losing this weight has made such a big difference not only in the the i look but how i feel about myself, my health & my fitness levels.....

LL was the start of my re-birth, CD will finished it.....xxx

Yes, I had awful bad pain in my right knee and since losing five stone the pain has gone completely, found it very painful going up stairs.

And I use to be very stiff first thing in the morning and I no longer suffer from that either.

Looking back I was a right crock:(

My psoriasis has also cleared up greatly which was torture for me before starting my weight loss journey.

Love Mini xxx

Yep this happened to me, I had pain in my knee joints and couldnt walk 100 yards as I got bad pains in my back because of all the excess weight. Now I am a stone away from goal and I have no pains at all :D Can walk anywhere no problem, havent been able to do that for 10 years heh!

Edit: Also about 3 weeks ago I got rid of my car as I dont need it anymore. When I was 20 stone I was virtually house bound if anything happened to my car, as I couldnt walk anywhere.

yes i too used to have terrible knee pain, but now its gone totally!!
another great thing about loosing weight!
nat

I have a lady who suffered from an unexplained swollen foot for years - the doctors had no idea what the problem was. It doesn't matter now, she says, as since she's been on CD, her foot is totally back to normal.

Marvellous, hey?

xxx

I wish to complain.
In January my legs were ok.
On tuesday last my upper thighs were sore & stiff.I also measured a loss of 4 1/2stone.

Oh forgot.....the previous dayI walked 8 miles up a muddy riverside path in the rain,carrying all my undrunk water,a small dog & towing a 7yr old.

Would have struggled to do this 4 months ago.
Also have had the energy to dig a new veg patch in heavy soil.
also find I go up to kids bedrooms more often(they are on the 2nd floor = attic=where they belong).

More bizarrely..I have a v creaky arthritic old neck.This has been pretty silent recently.Now how do you explain that.?
Has my brain lost weight?

ditto
all of the above
only lost 16lb so far but already my joints feel better :D

Before I started CD I used to have an aching pain in my right hip all the time. I have only been doing this diet for 5 weeks and about 2 weeks ago I suddenly realised that the pain has gone and has never come back! I also used to have the most awful headaches which went away within days of me starting sole source

The reason i started losing weight because i also had pains in my knees and calves were swollen! My legs felt sluggish when i got up!

Now i've lost the weight i'm fine...no signs at all...I aactually forgot about it till i saw this thread!

I climbed a rope climbing frame in the park yesterday!!!!:eek:

Hi Azar,
I had problems with my left knee. I would experience significant pain after walking less than 100 yards. I had a free chiropractic assessment done at a Nursing Convention an the results revealed that there was 1 and 1/2 stones more weight going through my left knee than there was through my right knee. It was also noticed that my hips sloped from right to left,my shoulders sloped from left to right to compensate and my head sloped to the left to compensate for the shoulders. I had a marked curvature of my spine(scoliosis) and all of this was due to my excess weight.Since losing weight my knee problems have all but disappeared.The back problems have improved significantly(I don't have to spend 1/2 an hour in the shower before I can walk upright.I now regularly walk as part of my exercise routine and have played a full round of golf for the first time in ten years.

Alex

I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and unfortunately losing 5 stone 5lb does not seem to have helped my condition at all. People say I am walking better and getting around better but I am still in terrible pain.

I am still 18stone 5lb so maybe when more weight goes my joints may improve

My psoriasis has all disapeared which is amazing and an added benefit to the weight loss.

I really hope my aching stiff knees and shoulder get better with more weight off ~ I will let you know

You should get better as time goes by Shaza.

Its like one of my clients who had to carry his 3 stone child, for a while, at the seaside.... my cllient had lost 5 stones by then, but struggled to pick up his child for a long period, although he used to carry 5 stone of his access weight daily....

Just goes to show how we all change!!

Hi Azar,
I had problems with my left knee. I would experience significant pain after walking less than 100 yards. I had a free chiropractic assessment done at a Nursing Convention an the results revealed that there was 1 and 1/2 stones more weight going through my left knee than there was through my right knee. It was also noticed that my hips sloped from right to left,my shoulders sloped from left to right to compensate and my head sloped to the left to compensate for the shoulders. I had a marked curvature of my spine(scoliosis) and all of this was due to my excess weight.Since losing weight my knee problems have all but disappeared.The back problems have improved significantly(I don't have to spend 1/2 an hour in the shower before I can walk upright.I now regularly walk as part of my exercise routine and have played a full round of golf for the first time in ten years.

Alex

Wow well done alex & amazing stats on your ticker.
how long has it taken you so far?
Thanks Azar

I am going for slimmer of the year and to be a councellor when I am at the right BMI

good for you Shazza.
Also I do hope that the weight loss does help your RA.
Even if it doesn't stop the rheumatoid process, logic dictates that the reduced burdon on the joints should mean fewer symptoms.

Go for it Shaza.....

All the best with the slimmer of the year nominations and its not too hard to achieve it either..... just remain focused and everythimg else lies in place for you

As for CDC, def go for it. Others could use your help and experience..... plus to be honest, minimins is like a training course as well, you get to learn and share so much.... Im sure you would do well

Good luck

Back