Having a go at the Atkins from today..

Hi TFE,

Leeks are a bit carby for induction, what carb count did you have for them?

I only used half a leek..so worked out about 4.5 carbs. Put the other half away for another time.

Got plenty of carbs left to use for my salad later.

Last edited:
Morning Jim, Hope you are good to day? Today was my weigh in day, same weight as last week but I will be glad that a change of diet hasn't made me put anymore on.( I may go a bit easier on the cheese today see what happens) I actually feel and look thinner round the waist may have to get the tape measure out. I'm in ketosis, it showed pink on my sticks, I never felt ill at all either so thats one good thing!

Good morning TFE...How are you today? I bet you have lost inches rather than lb-age. I too have a rose pink colour on my stick and have had very little side effects. I have my first weigh in tomorrow morning and I feel like Ive put on weight arghhhhh!!!!! I would like to hit my easter target of -30lbs. When is good to start an exercise programme? xx

Hiya, I think anytime is good to start exercising Rachie. I have the 10 minute solutions workout bums, tums and thighs dvd and its good because you can just do 10 mins when you want. I also have one of those ab toner belts although its a bit of a weird sensation, you get used to it and it does seem to be working on my tummy ok. I weigh everyday on Tuesday I was 11.11st and then 2 days later I managed to get back to my original weight from last week 11.8 1/2 st, so I think this week I'm happy to stay the same. I do seem to be losing more on my waist though will check again in a min when I find my tape measure lol! Keep at the diet it's bound to come off soon.

I've lost about 2 and a half inches off the waist over the last month, but all these little losses keep you going!

I'm back...split up with my partner a few weeks ago and had a lot of stressful stuff going on in my life. Have put on a couple of pounds...(not too many) but decided to return. If at first you don't succeed try, try again as they say. It's nice to be back xx

Hey welcome back, sorry to hear about the split love

Good morning and thanks Jim. Got flu this week as well. Going to have to make sure I get me green veggies and vitamin tablets down :)

Not a good start then love :(

you need loads of cyber hugs .............. look after yourself and it may be that this isnt the best time ....... but only you will know xx

Never rains but it pours!!
You will get through it though
xxx

Back again....Well they do say third time lucky.Now my life is getting a little better, I want to try again. Strange day to start a Friday I suppose but anytime is good as any. Hope everyone is doing a lot better than my failed efforts.

For breakfast I had 2 eggs, 3 bacon and a tomato all I had Atkins wise to eat will visit the shops later.

Good luck to you :) xx

Still finding it hard to believe that you can lose weight by eating fats. Hope this works for me, Just got bored of calorie counting and I'm seeming to have stalled a bit on that at the moment. I've had a good read of the thinking of starting Atkins thread and some of the menus and what people are eating and had a look on the Atkins website. My downfall is going to be beer :(, I do love one in the evenings but I'll try to be strict.

Anyway so this is my menu for today

B- Bacon, Egg, Sausage
L - Lamb Chop and Broccoli
D - Chicken Salad with Mayo
W - 8 cups of Tava Tea (Herbal Tea)
S - Celery

Hope this looks ok. Nice to meet you all here anyway and good luck with your losses. x

HI. How is it going with the Tava tea? I've trawled the internet for too many hours to get an indepedent review. Is it worth the money?

Back