Hayleys Weight Loss Diary!!

im sooooooo proud of myself! today we went out to club day at one of the villages nearby where we live (club day is basically when the fair comes to town, it happens every year and all the different villages around us have theirs week after week - the others i hadnt started slim fast yet!anyway at our age its basically a good old excuse to sit in the sun and have a goof knees up!) so i had a shake for my breaky then we had a big lunch because we would be out all day, i had 2 pizza baguettes and about 5 potato wedges!so off we toddled about 2pm and have just got in now, i didnt drink a drop of alcohol the whole time, just water and diet coke and didnt have a bite to eat, the boyf had 2 hot dogs off the fair, a magnum and a chocolate bar! the smell of the BBQ was wafting over but i resisted non the less!!! had a shake and a little bowl of strawberries when i got it - it just shows it can be done!!and i wont have a stinking unneccisary hangover in the morning and we saved money on taxis because i could drive!
positives all around!!
x

weigh in day - cue drumroll....
ive lost 2lbs:happy036:
im honestly so thrilled, I LOVE this diet, it seems to be the only one that is actually working consistantly and that im sticking too!! and seeing losses every monday morning absolutely motivates me for the week ahead!
hope everyone had a lovely weekend good luck for this week
x

start of week 3 and i have discovered meal bars!
i had a shake for my breakfast and took a banana for my snack - im back on placement for the next 6 weeks now - i couldnt be bothered mixing up a shake for lunch and had nothing to put it in so i decided to go out at lunch and get some meal bars. i previously thought that you got about 5/6 in a box and that they would be about the size of a cereal bar - imagine my surprise when i opened the box and they were the size of a small brick - GREAT STUFF!i got some of the chocolate ones and they are sooooo yummy!
they work out more expensive than the tubs, but i figure for 3.50 a box, thats only a small amount more than what i used to spend on getting a sandwich, crisps and drink each lunchtime!
so im very pleased with my new find!
i devoured one for my lunch today and had a packet of iced gems for a snack.
made chicken korma for tea with yesterdays leftover chicken, had it with 1/2 a naan, no rice or anything.
feeling sleepy today so gonna get a good nights sleep :D
hope everyone had a good start to the week
x

wow, well done on the will power front! that must have taken some doing and i bet you felt great afterwards and so you should, that's fab. great wi result too! and i love the bars, so nice to 'eat' :) the berries flavour bar is my fave atm

i would give them a try, they are probably double the size of a cereal bar and i dont know about the others but the choc one is quite chewy too so it lasts a while, also its museli and stuff so fills you up! theyre just a bit more convenient for me when im on busy days, if im at home i have 2 shakes!!
x

Well done on the loss,, and your willpower is fantastic dont think id be able to resist the alcohol never mind the BBQ lol

Hi all,
been MIA for a few days this week, been on antibiotics for a water infection and had a huge poop problem!in that i havent - all week, until today!! sorry if thats tooooo much information!! so anyway i havent been 100% myself this week!
i have managed to stick to it tho, i cant remember all the details back from tuesday to diarise it on here but Thu night brought my first eating out task since starting SF. my mum took me and my sis for a Nandos, i had a chicken wrap and a side of rice - last time we went, pre SF, i had a wrap, side of chips, side of garlic bread and a cheesecake!!! - i didnt have a pud this time, just had a nice cup of tea instead! last night me and the boyf had a DVD night, we went to blockbuster and rented a dvd, usually i would have got a bag of Haribo strawbs - my ultimate fave! i did pick them up, but realised i would have only been alowed a small handful for 100 cals :( so i put them back, instead we got a big bar of fruit and nut and i had 6 squares and let the boyf munch the rest - i know that was over my 100 cals but i hadnt had a morning snack so i let myself go!!
snuck onto the scales, i think it was either thu and fri, and it wasnt showing a loss, i hope this changes for my WI on monday, even if its only 1lb, given i havent been my usual self and i missed my kickboxing class too this week!
i think that brings me all up to date, hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!!
x

yesterday was my baby cousins first birthday party!i had a shake for breakfast and meal bar for late lunchtime then off we went, it was sooo hard because i looooove picky party food!anyway i filled my plate with roast chicken and salad but i will admit i did pick at a few mini sausage rolls and a couple of pieces of bread and breadsticks, however, i didnt have any pudding (even though there was proffiterols, trifle and cupcakes - hmph) and i was driving again so just had diet lemonade to drink!bit annoyed about the sausage rolls etc but its so hard when its just there!!
today i missed my breakfast shake, we only had enough milk in the house for 2 brews so i had that and got a packet of pombears from the petrol station on the way to Aldi to do the food shop, my tummy is rumbling as i type so gonna sort myself a lunch shake soon!
got some gammon and sweet potato ready for tea tonight!
note to self: MUST drink water!!
hope everyone had a good weekend :D
x

Huge congrats! 5 lbs in two weeks is fantastic, you must be really chuffed with that! :D

I've not bought any meal bars to try yet, will have to get some.

Thanks for the tip about the meal bars, will give them a try now, have stuck to the ready mixed drinks, but would be good to stick a couple of bars in the car for emergency lunches if I get stuck somewhere with out food, save me going into subay , ta

just had my WI and lost 1lb this week!! thought it was gonna be a STS to be honest, so given the week i had, i am pleasantly surprised, only 1 away from that half a stone!!yipppee
happy monday morning to all, good luck for the week ahead :D
x

note to self:must be more organised!
had a shake for my breaky this morning and took a banana for my snack (which i managed to devour at 1pm) i thought i would be home just after lunch so thought i would have another shake when i got back seen as i have run out of meal bars and havent been to get any more - i managed to get home at 5.30! so inbetween i ran to the shop and got a packet of roast chicken crisps, they were 180 cals, but all they had left so i figured i would get them too keep me going and not have a snack this evening. had a bowl of salmon pasta for my tea and a cadburys light choc mousse (only 60 cals and so yummy). also had only had half a cup of tea until i managed to get to morrisons after work, i had litterally nearly drunk the whole ltr bottle before i reached my car!
so anyway, i have bought meal bars and got a new water bottle so im all set for the week ahead!phew!
x

Congratulations on the lose... That's fab.... Esspecially if you've had a rough week!

I find being organised is the key to me dieting. If I don't have anything that I can eat with me I'll buy rubbish and then there's no stopping me....I'll eat and eat and eat! Same with the water, if I don't have a bottle of water with me I won't drink and then I get stonking headaches in the evening!

Heer's to the week ahead! x

Back