Total Solution Hazel's Diary - I think I can, I know I can!

Day 25 and still feeling annoyed with everything and everyone :( hope it stops soon it's really annoying! :p

Went to my keepfit class again yesterday and it was Total Toning, which is total torture :eek: an hour of weights, lunges, squats, press ups and planks. OMG I can hardly move today - so I'm not, I'm laying on the sofa with a hot water bottle :p I felt so weak yesterday I ended up eating 2 bars, I'm a little disappointed in myself but could have been worse :(

My second bumper pack arrived this morning so I'm all prepared for the next 4 weeks (with a few days off for good behaviour over xmas :p).

In preparation for my night out Friday I put some fake tan on my legs last night, the trouble is it's the one that develops and I woke up this morning with orange feet :eek: I've got some serious scrubbing to do by friday now! Are red feet better than orange I wonder? :p
Hazel
x

In preparation for my night out Friday I put some fake tan on my legs last night, the trouble is it's the one that develops and I woke up this morning with orange feet :eek: I've got some serious scrubbing to do by friday now! Are red feet better than orange I wonder? :p
Hazel
x

Hi Hazel,

Try soaking some cotton wool in milk and rubbing your feet with that - it's gentler than scrubbing them and it will take some of the colour off :) x

Hi Hazel,

Try soaking some cotton wool in milk and rubbing your feet with that - it's gentler than scrubbing them and it will take some of the colour off :) x

Thanks that's brilliant, I'll give that a go :)

Arghhhh! my resolve is starting to weaken:eek: so far all I've had is a mouthful of lemon drizzle cake and a bit of feta cheese but I'd been 100% so I'm really disappointed in myself. I know it's silly and in the scheme of things it was nothing, but I nearly ate some leftover lasagne because I'd 'ruined it'. I put it in my mouth but spat it out :eek: just in time! I think it's because I was justifying that I'm eating Friday night so it doesn't matter! What's that all about? The mind really is a complex thing where food is concerned. Never mind onwards and downwards and 100% (after Friday) until xmas :D
Hazel
x

Hi Hazel, been there, done that!!! Don't worry too much about it. This is he problem when you know you have a social do coming up, you think 'I'm breaking it anyway. so there's no point, I'll come off 100% until the night is over'. My advice is to give yourself a little push for the next 24hrs and try 100%, then you won't feel bloated and eat/drink more than you planned. This then leads to a weekend of 'I'll just enjoy the whole weekend and get back on plan on Monday" This results in 5 days off plan! I have had an awful flu virus this week and have been off plan as the first few days I could only stomach water but yesterday and today I have been eating (had to as I feel so weak) ao exante on hold until I feel better..who knows what the scales will say on weigh in! Hoping to STS :break_diet:

Hi Hazel, been there, done that!!! Don't worry too much about it. This is he problem when you know you have a social do coming up, you think 'I'm breaking it anyway. so there's no point, I'll come off 100% until the night is over'. My advice is to give yourself a little push for the next 24hrs and try 100%, then you won't feel bloated and eat/drink more than you planned. This then leads to a weekend of 'I'll just enjoy the whole weekend and get back on plan on Monday" This results in 5 days off plan! I have had an awful flu virus this week and have been off plan as the first few days I could only stomach water but yesterday and today I have been eating (had to as I feel so weak) ao exante on hold until I feel better..who knows what the scales will say on weigh in! Hoping to STS :break_diet:

Thanks for the advice Phoenix but I was naughty again yesterday :( only a little bit naughty (bite of chocolate cake, big spoonful of butter icing and a small bit of ham) but I am so cross with myself :mad:.

Sorry to hear you've been suffering with a nasty flu virus, hope you feel better soon :)

I weighed this morning (a day early because of my meal out tonight) and only lost 0.5lb :( so very disappointed. I wanted at least 2lbs to take me into the 13s. Think I'm out of ketosis already, due to my little nibbles, but had a ham roll for lunch so I can have some wine later :p. Going to be straight back on TS tomorrow though, promise :D

Hazel
x

HI Hazel, your week sounds a bit like mine! Because I was feeling so awful with this flu for the past few days I have been eating and snacking (comfort mode). Feeling a bit better now, just left with general joint aches which the doctor tells me is a temporary general arthritis that will go away over the next week. Haven't weighed myself as I don't want to depress and demotivate me. I have exactly 2 weeks until my next social event so am going to knuckle down 100% so here I go day one. I feel generally wrecked and tired at the minute anyway so I hopefully won't notice the 'getting into ketosis' difficulty and look forward to the added burst of energy and wellbeing when it kicks in (hopefully by Tuesday). Anyway, best of luck and we can keep each other on track :D

Wise words indeed on the above posts. I have been on so many diets in my time and am also an all or nothing kind of girl. Something has to change which is why I have gone with Exante and truly hope that this will be the last time I have to lose such a vast amount of weight.

I have a Christmas meal planned tonight which I'm still attending. It is at a place that carves meat at your table so I'm planning on sticking to meat and taking it easy on the salad bar options. I had a hot vanilla 'latte' this morning, going to have a shake for lunch and then meat tonight. Thinking of driving rather than drinking as the booze may impair my judgement and I might not be able to resist carbs if I get a couple of sherberts inside me lol!

Best of luck Saveloy and enjoy your evening! I think that moderation is the key but I have an all or nothing mentality too! December is such a difficult month to do this but am giving it my best shot for as long as I can in the hope that I average out by new years. Trying to get 7 pounds off before christmas week then hoping to STS with a fresh kick up the backside in new year! :)

Thanks Phoenix and Saveloy :) together we can stay on track until xmas.

Well I survived my night out :D I ate my entire meal - all 3 courses, but they were actually very small portions (in my previous life I would have been extremely disappointed :p) I avoided the bread basket :D but did drink 3 glasses of wine and 3 vodkas :p I was gobsmacked that it had no effect on me whatsoever - usually I'm a lightweight especially on wine. The final vodka did suddenly have me running to the toilet to be sick (not easy in heels and a tight dress) but I managed to deep breathe my way through it :eek: then drank lots of water. Still didn't feel drunk though :confused:

I thought I would be starving today after eating and drinking, but I wasn't :) I've been 100% TS today and feel like I never went out of ketosis (I know I must have though :confused:) Anyway nothing else planned now until xmas itself so 3 weeks to get well into the 13s :D

Hazel
x

Hazel115 said:
Thanks Phoenix and Saveloy :) together we can stay on track until xmas.

Well I survived my night out :D I ate my entire meal - all 3 courses, but they were actually very small portions (in my previous life I would have been extremely disappointed :p) I avoided the bread basket :D but did drink 3 glasses of wine and 3 vodkas :p I was gobsmacked that it had no effect on me whatsoever - usually I'm a lightweight especially on wine. The final vodka did suddenly have me running to the toilet to be sick (not easy in heels and a tight dress) but I managed to deep breathe my way through it :eek: then drank lots of water. Still didn't feel drunk though :confused:

I thought I would be starving today after eating and drinking, but I wasn't :) I've been 100% TS today and feel like I never went out of ketosis (I know I must have though :confused:) Anyway nothing else planned now until xmas itself so 3 weeks to get well into the 13s :D

Hazel
x

Lol sounds like you had fun :) well done on getting straight back on it :) you are doing great :)

I enjoyed my night out and being off plan. I had a fair few pieces of different cuts of meats but stayed carb free. I ended up drinking rather than driving though and matched each glass of wine with water. Didn't feel overly drunk and feel remarkably well today so have resumed 100% TS (until the next Xmas doooooo). Wonder what the impact on the scales will be after my fun night out...

I enjoyed my night out and being off plan. I had a fair few pieces of different cuts of meats but stayed carb free. I ended up drinking rather than driving though and matched each glass of wine with water. Didn't feel overly drunk and feel remarkably well today so have resumed 100% TS (until the next Xmas doooooo). Wonder what the impact on the scales will be after my fun night out...

Well done on staying carb free Saveloy :) I was straight back on TS yesterday but struggled today and had a mini binge :( don't even know where it came from :confused: I'm losing my motivation now and just feel like eating more :( Will try my best not too though as I know I'll be so disappointed in myself. I think it's because I only lost half a pound last week and it's really depressed me. Why is this so hard? just when you think you've found the answer :( Hope the scales are kind to us both x

Stay strong Hazel - you CAN do it cherub! Fingers crossed that our scales are kind to us too x

I am back on the exante wagon. Feeling much better now following my bout of flu. Just jump back on the wagon ladies, we CAN do it. One last push before Christmas! :D

:argh: I FEEL LIKE EATING!!! I've quickly come on here to stop myself as I was coming so close! Why is this suddenly so hard? I was fine before I broke it for my meal out!! Feel like crying :cry:The urge to eat was so strong, it was like I wasn't in control again! I need to get back the feeling I had in the beginning - I was so focussed. I'm not hungry, just really stressed out with two of my brats. They were arguing over who was going to lick the bowl after we just made banana cake! I nearly grabbed it off of them and said 'mummy is!' :D Now the cake is in the oven and the smell is driving me mad. I WILL NOT EAT ANY! The trouble is it's not just whilst doing this diet that I need to control myself, it's afterwards as well otherwise I'm just going to put it all back on! Going to read some more of my 'Eating Less' book by Gillian Riley - she talks about addictive desires to eat and how to just accept them and not give in to them. Just because you want something, it doesn't mean you HAVE to have it! Sorry rant over :p

Hazel
x

Really struggling at the moment to be 100% :cry:ever since last friday and my xmas meal! Not sure what's happened to my motivation :( I nibbled on Sunday, had quite a big sugar binge yesterday afternoon :cry:and had 2 lattes when out shopping today. Convinced myself that I'm not going to lose any more weight, because I only lost 1/2 a pound last week! Obviously I'm not going to if I don't stick to it properly :eek: Really want to get back on track. My OH and my mum although trying to motivate me have told me I'm wasting the money if I don't stick to it, which I know is true but it's not really helping :cry:So annoyed with myself, plus I'm having the longest most horriblest totm :needhug:
Hazel
x

:bighug: just read this whole thread, you are doing so well so far, don't give up now and go back on all of your hard work. I have every faith that you can do it! Not long til christmas now!

My OH and my mum although trying to motivate me have told me I'm wasting the money if I don't stick to it, which I know is true but it's not really helping :cry:So annoyed with myself, plus I'm having the longest most horriblest totm :needhug:
Hazel
x

Massive ((((HUG)))) hun it's not just about wasting money, my hubby tells me all the time that it's a waste of money because I have managed to lose and put weight back on with VLCD.
It's about how you feel having lost the weight.
I have a xmas dinner tomorrow too and I'll be struggling to get back on Saturday.
I think the hardest part at the mo is how near we are to xmas and being bothered to stick to it knowing we will break it over the xmas period?
We know this works because of the losses already but getting back into K is hard :(
PM me if you want a chat. XxX

Back