Total Solution Hazel's Diary - I think I can, I know I can!

Just been reading through your diary well done on your first week. 5lbs is fab especially with totm too !! Sometimes we also loose inches rather then lbs which is allways better as it means smaller clothes. You sound like your doing great and have a great support network around you. Good luck for next weigh in xxxx

Day 11 and still going strong :D I'm getting into a routine now and can't believe that cooking/preparing food for everyone doesn't bother me in the slightest! :D

Still feeling great - suddenly found myself clearing out my cupboards in the kitchen. I found lots of interesting things I didn't know I had. At one point I thought I'd found a mouse dropping but luckily on closer inspection it was a very shrivelled raisin :eek:

Been aiming for 4 litres of water a day but can't drink it cold so I've been having it lukewarm and I'm finding it goes down so much easier.

Off to see how everyone else is doing now.
x

At one point I thought I'd found a mouse dropping but luckily on closer inspection it was a very shrivelled raisin :eek:

Been aiming for 4 litres of water a day but can't drink it cold so I've been having it lukewarm and I'm finding it goes down so much easier.

I found droppings a few weeks ago and so far have caught 4 mice :eek: really need to get a cat :)

I can't drink the water too cold either, does something to my guts and gives me indigestion.

You're doing really fab, hope the boys are better. xx

Day 12 100% TS and I am feeling fantastic :wee: I've done some more cupboard clearing and ticked more things off my to-do list :D bearing in mind that this was a list I made over a year ago!

When I first considered doing this diet, I thought it was going to be torture - but it really isn't. I'm telling myself it's my choice to do this and I can stop at any time, but if I do I have to accept the consequences - disappointment in myself for giving up and upset at still being fat. This is keeping me going. I am really hoping that this is going to reset my relationship with food. Food is just food, it isn't my friend and it doesn't have any control over me!:)

Hazel
x

Hi Hazel, it's lovely to read you feeling so positive and doing so well - on days like today when i need a bit of a kick up the bum just reading your diary has made me feel much more positive! I really need to clean my kitchen cupboards out too, they're overflowing since i haven't been eating! Never the oven though, that's a job for the professionals or my mum!! :)

Yay! I've reached the end of Day 14 100 % TS :D. Today was a little difficult as I went Christmas shopping with my OH and couldn't drink as much water as I normally do. I was starving! I thought I should have my shake before we left, unfortunately this meant I needed my bar earlier and by tea time I could have chewed my arm off :eek:

I've been taking psyllium husk capsules all week, but unfortunately nothing is moving in that department! Bought some dulcoease but just realised that's the wrong thing - I should have got dulcolax! I've got my wi tomorrow so I'm a bit worried I won't have lost much. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Hazel
x

Hi Hazel,
I'm weighing in to-morrow too, any pound lost is a step in the right direction. Some people have spectacular weight losses, the rest of us will have to content ourselves with a pound or two a week. The way I look at it is it's taken me 47 years to put the weight on, it won't fall off overnight. Even if the scales STS, you know your body is healthier than if you had a week of junk food.

Best of luck to-morrow,

Conor

Day 15 - Weighed in today and I lost another 4lbs :) which I'm pretty pleased about :D. I can definitely tell I've lost weight now - my jeans keep falling down. Not quite enough to go down to my size 16s yet but hopefully soon :p I have a range of clothes in sizes 10-18 (don't we all? :p) so it'll be nice to go down through the sizes rather than up!

I've got a Christmas meal coming up on the 2nd December with the girls from keepfit. I have a dress I wore last christmas, but I was only 13 st 8 then so was worried it wouldn't fit me this year but.... I tried it on this morning and it fits :D a little snuggly but hopefully a couple more weeks 100% TS and I'll have room to breathe in it :p

Here's to another focussed week :)

:woohoo: another 4lbs gone for good :D

Haven't updated this for a few days but today is Day 18 and I'm still going strong :D I'm in the zone and long may it continue!

Day 21 100% :party0049: and wi tomorrow. I've got a feeling it will be the curse of the third week and I won't have lost much. Could really tell in wk 1 & 2 that I was losing but this week I feel bloated :( Been having 3 litres of water a day, not including tea/coffee and had to use some dulcolax :eek: earlier in the week. Nothing seems to be happening in that department, even though I'm taking psyllium capsules (apart from being a little bit windy :p)

Got my xmas meal next friday and I'm just trying to decide how to play it :confused: Do I have my shake, bar and soup during the day and try to limit carbs at the meal? but what will I drink all evening? ooorrrrr do I eat normally during the day, inc carbs then eat all the meal and have some alcohol??:p ooh decisions, decisions. I don't really want to eat at all if I'm honest but I've paid £25 for the meal already (booked in Sept!) so probably best to low carb it so it doesn't knock me out of K.

Went to my keepfit class this morning - haven't been for ages (one excuse or another) but I really enjoyed it :D Saw my good friends, had plenty of energy, no 'funny turns' and the instructor played all the latest tunes :D I need to remember this on Monday, when I've booked to go again!

Look at me - I write nothing for days and then you can't shut me up! :p
Hazel
x

Morning hope you're ok and you have a good loss this week x

I have the same problem in the toilet department....tmi !!

Good luck x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks for popping by Shellyn :) I'm just going to pop across to yours and see how you've been doing.

Woohoo! another 4lbs this week - I'm gobsmacked :D I'm not quite in the next stone bracket but hopefully next week I will be :D
Hazel
x

:wow: Hazel well done 4 amazing pounds, just imagine if you had been to the toilet!?;)

I too have paid £25 for Christmas dinner which is on the 9th. I doubt if I could eat a huge amount but I intend to have a sandwich or jacket potato for lunch to safely bring me out of K so I can have a few G&T's that evening.

Hazel115 said:
Thanks for popping by Shellyn :) I'm just going to pop across to yours and see how you've been doing.

Woohoo! another 4lbs this week - I'm gobsmacked :D I'm not quite in the next stone bracket but hopefully next week I will be :D
Hazel
x

Wow hazel, that's great x well done x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I too have paid £25 for Christmas dinner which is on the 9th. I doubt if I could eat a huge amount but I intend to have a sandwich or jacket potato for lunch to safely bring me out of K so I can have a few G&T's that evening.

Thanks Ali, think I'll do the same. My OH is worried that I'll pass out, I haven't got a very good track record unfortunately :( One minute I'm fine and the next I'm on the floor :eek: after just a couple of drinks! Everyone thinks I'm completely plastered but when I come back round I'm normal. Think I'll have a jacket potato at lunch and just one glass of wine :D then diet coke the rest of the evening and get straight back on TS the next day.

The trouble is I'm a very all or nothing person, I like to stick to rules and I'm a perfectionist :p so I'm worried that if I think I've broken the rules ie. eaten food, I'll think I've not done it perfectly and will stuff my face to make the most of the 'error' before I get back on track! This is what I normally do and I so want to stay in control - so Friday will be the test :(

Today is Day 23 and to be honest I'm a right moody cow :eek: I'm snapping at everyone and when I caught sight of myself in the mirror I had a real scrunched up face on me :(. I gather that this can be normal on a VLCD but I hope it passes.

Still coping foodwise and after 2 dulcolax I finally had a visit :p not a nice one, but a visit non the less :p (I'll just take 1 next time and try and be patient - impatience is another of my 'qualities' :p).

Hazel
x

The trouble is I'm a very all or nothing person, I like to stick to rules and I'm a perfectionist :p so I'm worried that if I think I've broken the rules ie. eaten food, I'll think I've not done it perfectly and will stuff my face to make the most of the 'error' before I get back on track!

I can relate to that too ;).

Ewwww Hazel 2 dulcolax :eek: Well at least it's moved now ;)

Hazel, you know what - I truly relate to your perfectionist tendencies :)

I have been on more diets than I care to mention. I have clothes in my wardrobe from size 8 to 22 . Been there, done that......

If I 'broke' a diet I would do as you have said - in style!

You know what though? Exante is different.

Yes, I ate while I was away. The big difference? I was in control, not the food. I made choices, and ate what I wanted - not just plate loads of whatever was in front of me. I was just so pleased at the change in my psyche.

Yes, I did put on weight - but, boy it could have been a lot more - and I was back on Exante the next morning.

Go out for your meal, and enjoy it. Food is fuel - not our friend, or indeed our enemy. You will have a great time :D

Back