Headaches??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Jemmalb, 26 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Has any one else found them selves with a constant head ache? I started on wed n seem to have had a head ache I can't get rid of!!! I usually drink a lot if full fat coke n haven't had any since Wednesday as have just been drinking water am thinking maybe this has something to do with the head aches the lack of caffeine maybe??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. deborahclaire31

deborahclaire31 Full Member

Heya again

I do get headaches if I give up caffeine completely so I think it may be related to that, I sometimes also get them when I give up junk food after eating a lot of rubbish and I can imagine you've done both :) (lol, just opinion, not medical fact :))

4. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    yeah you're probably going through detox, I get covered in spots and coldsores when I start a diet properly. Just hang on in there, maybe point yourself some coke into your diet, or have a coffee with a bit of sugar in it! x

5. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Thanks for re help guys!!!

6. Katesands8

Katesands8 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    It's probably the coke! I gave up diet coke (I was a 4/6 cans a day addict!) and I thought I was going to die or at the very least had flu! My head hurt I ached all over, I was sweating, my whole body was trembling!
    I didn't even think of it being the coke til my friend said I must be detoxing!
    It took a good week until I was back to normal!
    Now I have a diet coke on the odd occassion but never will I let myself get drawn back to it like that!
    I never thought of myself as an caffeine addict as I only drink 1 cup of coffee a day at breakfast!
    Now it's sparkly water all the way if I want the "fizz".
    You'll feel much better for giving up the coke honestly!

7. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Thanks I think ur right..... In a complete caffine addict lol!!! U think coffees ok to drink??

8. Katesands8

Katesands8 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    I still only have the 1 a day! I suppose my advice would be to be moderate in your coffee intake. What's right for me may be too little for you, just be sensible, you could always alternate between regular and decaf or switch completely to decaf. It depends if you're just after the taste or the "hit" if it's the "hit" and you drink a lot I would try and drink a cup or 2 less a day, so you're not so addicted to it!.

9. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Thanks for the help. I'm gonna find it hard to give up my beloved coke lol but hopefully itl get easier!!

10. Katesands8

Katesands8 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Well if it helps I think I'm addicted to sparkly water now! I have decided that what I really liked about coke was the way the ice cold bubbles hit the back of my throat! I get the same "zing" from the water, and it's a lot healthier! It's lovely with ice and a "slice"! lol

11. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    I think it's more the caffeine I'm addicted to lol but il give the fizzy water a try thanks

12. sillykitten

sillykitten Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watcher pro points
    Hi Jemma, just thought I would add to this, I was addicted to coke! I still have the odd can here and there but it used to be about 2 liters a day. I've started brewing up green tea with lime and a bit of sweetener and throwing it in the fridge in the evening for the next day, its yummy and healthy and its got a bit of caffeine and its full of anti oxidants. Might be worth a try? If you are going for it, what I do is I use a few tea bags and brew like a concentrate and then just mix in the lime and cold water, I used to leave the bags in but it was really bitter.

13. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Sounds quite nice....not quite as nice as my beloved coke lol but il giv it a whirl thanx!

14. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Saves your teeth not having coke as well! :) Its more than likely that giving you the headaches! I went caffeine free about a month ago and lasted nearly 3 weeks! It was great, i slept better and felt really good. Its a really addictive drug!

15. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    I no not good for ur teeth at all.....that's why I Sri k it with a straw lol!! Well day 5 of my coke detox n the headache seems to have finally disappeared!!!

16. azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Ack I couldn't give up my caffeine fix completely and usually still have 2 cups coffee a day hehe.
    But yeah since I started dieting again I've had a lovely breakout on my face... Grrreat...
    Hope your headaches are gone for good lol xx

17. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Im the same with the spots!! It's like being a teenager again lol

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Glad I'm not the only one breaking out :p I'm eating healthy, my skin should be better lol!! X

20. sillykitten

sillykitten Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watcher pro points
    Thank god I'm not the only one! Woke up the other morning and the spot that had grown out of my chin over night, i thought I was growing a new head! And I've been really good with my water and exfoliating and I use a face mask once a week and still this thing could wave at you from space! Evil hormones I say!

21. Jemmalb

Jemmalb Gold Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Glad its not just me!! hopefully its a temporary thing n if we keep drinking water we'l soon ahve glowing skin : )

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.