Healthy Eating vs Dieting

Have a great holiday Clarri,will try and have the diary section ready for when you get back.

I am sort of having a day off today as been all a bit stressed so am going with the flow as it were !!

B-srambled egg on wholemeal toast
s-apple
L-roast beef,roast potatoes,red cabbage,gravy, fruits of the forest sponge and custard.
s-later CHOCOLATE ( friday is choccie day for my kids and it would be rude not to join in LOL)
D-Pork chop served with ainsly harriots leek and asparagus rissoto.

I work in a school and had a school lunch today hence the lovely roast dinner and pud !! Perks of the job:)

Scales were slightly up today but oeverall still a downward trend. Not too concerned as i know i havent done anything different this week,plus been a bit hormonal so could be fluid. Clothes still feel ok.

Hope everyone else is having a good friday

Have a lovely holiday clarri ....

I'm having such a busy day at work. So far had:

2 x weetabix
SS Milk

Wholemeal bread roll
Lettuce, cucumber
small amount of cheddar cheese
Shape yoghurt

Not sure about tea as I'm doing my weekly shop and won't get home until after 7! Something with wine I suppose ;)

Have a great weekend all.

PS - mommyB, I've ordered that book so will look forward to reading that soon.

Have a lovely, relaxing break Clarri. Sooo envy you!

I must try and track a copy of that book down from the library. It sounds familiar so my sister might have mentioned it a while back.

How do the diaries work? I've still not really got my head around different areas of this site.

We can ask admin to set up a diary section within the healthy eating area of the forum,where we can each have our own diary to log our food,thoughts,moods whatever. We'll be able to read and comment on each others and we can keep this current bit as the general discussion area. hope that makes sense ?

Good luck with the book-it has helped me loads and I know Clarri got a lot out of it too

Welcome Survivor - I guess we are all that really aren't we x

We can ask admin to set up a diary section within the healthy eating area of the forum,where we can each have our own diary to log our food,thoughts,moods whatever. We'll be able to read and comment on each others and we can keep this current bit as the general discussion area. hope that makes sense ?

That makes perfect sense and seems like a really good idea. I'll look forward to that.

WSsurvivor - what an incredible loss! Glad you found your way here. :)

Well, after eating well this week I was still shocked to have a 10lbs loss this morning. :banana dancer: (apologises for the slightly vulgar smilie but that just about sums up the view when I leapt off the scales.)
I've never lost that much in a week before in my life. :eek:

Typically, no one else is awake in the house for me to tell so I've got to patiently wait before I start boring them to death by mentioning it every 5 mins.

The truth is that I look at some on here like Mini that have lost so much and ask myself 'could I really manage that much, I've so much to lose?' and then when the weight starts to come off I just start to hope that maybe, maybe this time I've learnt enough to finally do it. :eek:

If I can control the emotional eating once and for all (always the undoing of my weight loss previously)
then I'll be home and dry.

Anyway, food today will be:

Weetabix x 2
Egg salad sandwich
Hmade Fish pie with cheese mash topping

Will continue to work the extra fruit in and have a real fancy for watermelon so must go find some.

Have a happy, healthy weekend girls and enjoy the sun. I'm off to spend the morning sorting my veg garden. :D

Survivor - 7 st is an incredible weightloss - you are indeed a survivor with credentials x

Crumble - 10lb WOW! Enjoy the success - just don't expect it every week - oh and the smiley is justified x

Jane - I'm not too keen on the extra diary idea but it's OK for those who want it - I have enough trouble keeping up with the one I've got. I hope this isn't a downer but I WILL keep posting on here - it's a great little corner and set to grow from strength to strength. Oh and I'll try to get round to all those new diaries when I can x

Morning everyone,hello to the newbies and well done crumble,you have been a good girl!!!Took alfie for 30min walk, he ran.Came home had some scrambled egg on brown toast,tom ketchup.Went and did a big shop,put it all away,started washing the school uniform.decided to clean the fridge out.Just sat down to a nescafe cappuccino unsweetned then i add some sweetners my treat, and i had a packet with three in of go ahead orange and sultana biscuits.Made another orange sugar free jelly.The weather is nice here but windy may walk into town,if not i will be taking doggles for another walk later.I feel different not as bloated so hopefully the weigh-in monday should be good news fingers crossed,catch up later.

morning folks,did'nt feel too good yesterday.Could'nt shift this headache that i've had for ages pre healthy eating.Going for an eye test tomoz to rule needing glasses out.Did'nt want alot to eat last night so i had my bread allowance having a grilled chicken sandwich at about 9.20.I wont have any bread today,i'm going to put some milk on top of a bowful of sultana bran and have that soon,i'll check in later :)

Slimmermcs- hope the headache improves. I'm similarly suffering a far bit with them over the last couple of weeks. I'm wondering in my case if I'm not drinking enough as I'm a toad for only having a couple of drinks all day.

My meals today are:

Weetabix x 2
Cheese salad with homemade bread (must try to cut thinly :rolleyes:)
Toad in hole with loads of veg.

A sneaky little treat for me today of the less than healthy kind will be a slice of Manchester Tart from the Hairy Biker's Mums know best book. Can't wait!

What's everyone else having?

thanks crumble,had these headaches for a while now.I should drink more water than i should,maybe too much tea.We'll see what the eye test results are.My sis went for a routine eye test for work, and ended up wearing them permanately,old age hey!!!Did'nt have the sultana bran,had 3 weetabix and 1 sliced banana.

just went with the flow with my meals today.Had 4 wholemeal crackers with dairylea and onion relish,sugar free jelly.Tea i had a large grilled chicken salad.Had a 30min walk after the rain had stopped

That doesnt sound too bad.

i too have gone with the flow this weekend,we had a bbq yesterday cos its my birthday this week. naturally i drank too much too. This has gone in my favour a little bit as since i felt delicate today my appetite hasnt been all it could be. but then again this doesnt happen every week so i'm not going to worry about it.

I think the next few days could be like this-maybe i can hope for a sts this week

Girls - the weather has been hot and sticky of late (apart from a few days last week when it was decidedly chilly) and that makes for dehydration. this can happen quite quickly and water is your first port of call. Step up your water intake and see if it helps - it could be that simple - that said, if your headaches are a recurring theme or don't go away at all it's worth getting them checked out x

Shall be upping my water intake, Gem as I was shocked when I started checking what I was drinking. I should be a wrinkled prune. :eek:

Quick run down of todays food is -

2x weetabix
1 egg omelette with salad
Cottage pie with loads of steamed veg

Usual fruit for snacking.

Hoping to get masses of exercise in the garden today weeding the borders and planting out the veg. :D

Morning all,
Hope you all had a good weekend ....

Just caught up with everyone's postings ...
Crumble - what an amazing 1st week loss. So motivating!
Survivor - welcome. You must post some tips on your fab weight loss.

Today's menu:
30g porridge
ss milk

Wholemeal bread roll
Tuna and salad
Scraping of low fat mayo
Shape yogurt

Gammon Ham
Large salad
Small amount of coleslaw

Snacks: Go Ahead Fruit bake, Apple, Highlights Hot Choc

Good luck all for another successful week .... :)

morning all,1st weigh-in and i have lost 7lbs hooray!!All that walking has paid off.Here's to another good week.Had 3 slices of brown toast with chestnut mushrooms for breakfast.

Back