Healthy Extra sub-forum?!

Jennyonaplate

Gold Member
Does anyone else think this could be useful?

I notice Healthy Extra queries popping up all the time on the syns sub-forum, the main forum and the off-topic sub forum and I just thought it might reduce the number of repeated questions if they could be searched in one place.

And if anyone does think it's a good idea, how do we get one?! (Asides from flutter our eyelashes at Starlight!!)

i too agree it would be a great idea.

That's a very good idea! Especially for people just starting (like me) who think they know but aren't sure and just want to check lol.

Thats a great idea, would also be nice to have RED, GREEN & EXTRA EASY on there if possible, so recipes and syns etc for each plan would be separate

I think recipes would be better to stay within the recipe section and syns within the syn section, otherwise what we gained with one sub-forum, we'd confuse by splitting up the others!!

The problem is that people don't/won't use it - we already see it with the numerous posts that need to be moved on a daily basis from the main forum to existing sub-forums. I'm not sure that creating yet another sub-forum is the answer or whether there are enough threads to warrant it. We could change the name of the syns values forum to include healthy extras I suppose.

Thats a great idea, would also be nice to have RED, GREEN & EXTRA EASY on there if possible, so recipes and syns etc for each plan would be separate

I suspect Starlight will already be having palpitations at the thought of separate syns and recipe sections for each plan :D

I agree with Circes. We seem to have lots of sub forums and they're still not used much! Think it would be good to combine it with the syn section maybe?
Most of the questions asked today have been asked recently and have come up on the search function.........

I suspect Starlight will already be having palpitations at the thought of separate syns and recipe sections for each plan :D

I just thought it would be a good idea to keep them separate, so you know where to look for a recipe on a certain plan, but no worries x

There's already a sub forum for recipes, and you can add the pre-fix of which plan it is before posting, so I guess that idea has already been done!

I think a healthy extra sub forum is a great idea.
No one(hardly anyone) ever seems to search anything before posting new questions that 9 out of 10 times have already been answered!!

Perhaps they should though ;-)

My personal thoughts.... we have too many sub forums now! I'm guilty of only really looking in the main and off topic ones, I sometimes look at the eating out but that's about it.

I reckon a fair few others do this too!

yeah they definitely should, it gets quite annoying seeing the same question posted so many times when there already thousands upon thousands of posts on here!!!
rant over sorry!!!

Not sure if any one else is aware of this, but the search function on the MM iPhone app isn't great.. If this was Improved maybe people could find what they are searching for eliminating the need to duplicate other questions/posting in the wrong sections etc.. Just a thought :)

Fair comment, but what percentage of people are using the iphone?
People just tend not to use the search function at all!!

This is true. I agree that posting in wrong forums is an issue on the full site also. Maybe the search function could be redesigned or advertised more as it is kind of hidden away in the corner. (not trying to change the world by the way, just trying to help) :)

Does anyone else think this could be useful?

I notice Healthy Extra queries popping up all the time on the syns sub-forum, the main forum and the off-topic sub forum and I just thought it might reduce the number of repeated questions if they could be searched in one place.

And if anyone does think it's a good idea, how do we get one?! (Asides from flutter our eyelashes at Starlight!!)

Ive noticed a lot of HE queries lately too

Having red/green/EE forums for everything would make the SW section massive and really too un usable

I think recipes would be better to stay within the recipe section and syns within the syn section, otherwise what we gained with one sub-forum, we'd confuse by splitting up the others!!

And it gets confusing enough

:hide:

I just thought it would be a good idea to keep them separate, so you know where to look for a recipe on a certain plan, but no worries x

The prefix option is in the recipe/syn forum already but doesnt get used a lot

I think a healthy extra sub forum is a great idea.
No one(hardly anyone) ever seems to search anything before posting new questions that 9 out of 10 times have already been answered!!

Very true... most questions have already been answeed - 20 times :rolleyes:

Perhaps they should though ;-)

My personal thoughts.... we have too many sub forums now! I'm guilty of only really looking in the main and off topic ones, I sometimes look at the eating out but that's about it.

I reckon a fair few others do this too!

I thnk thats a real danger that we can have too many

yeah they definitely should, it gets quite annoying seeing the same question posted so many times when there already thousands upon thousands of posts on here!!!
rant over sorry!!!

Welcome to my world ;)

Not sure if any one else is aware of this, but the search function on the MM iPhone app isn't great.. If this was Improved maybe people could find what they are searching for eliminating the need to duplicate other questions/posting in the wrong sections etc.. Just a thought :)

To be fair though as Jaylou said not everyone uses the iphone app and its not meant to be a full version of the site

Ok leave it with me, Ill run it by Pierce

Back