Healthy savoury snacks

nic.xox

I'm currently following the Special K 2 week challenge and I am sick to death of all the sweet food. I don't have a sweet tooth, I'm more of a crisps and bread kind of girl. So does anyone have any ideas of healthy savoury snacks, 'coz at the moment I'm really craving chips! lol

Have you tried nuts? Watch the calorie content but they are savoury, I've got a bag of pine nuts at the moment and they are pretty good at taking away a savoury craving. Or maybe some oatcakes or ryvita with some philadelphia light on top? Or some chopped vegetables with houmous dip?

Thanks for the ideas guys :). I forgot all about melba toast I used to eat that all the time! I will definatly be buying some tomorrow, along with humous and low fat philly :)

Just don't forget that cereal diets work because they are essentially calorie counting. A bowl for breakfast, and a bowl for lunch (am assuming this is the kind of thing) just works out at less calories than a 'normal' diet, so if you want to swap out a bowl of cereal for something savoury (ie a tin of soup), as long as your equivelant calories are about the same it should make no difference whatsoever.

I was the same, was on the slimfast diet but i've not got a sweet tooth and realised i was consuming way more calories during the day than i ever have... i've started buying burgen bread (soya and linseed) its got a low gi and slow energy release and you can get it from any supermarket, 2 pieces with tomato or scrambled egg on keeps me full til nearly tea time and its sooooo tasty...

I bought a jar of gherkins the other day and they are really good for curbing the savoury cravings. om nom nom :)

Back