Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

heart rate?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by curlygirl, 14 August 2007 Social URL.

1. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    whats the best heart rate for burning fat?

i just been on my cross trainer (first exercise in about 3 years!) and did 20 minutes. burnt 115 calories and my heart rate got up to 154bpm. I am absolutley pooped! i think i best go and have a shower! Stinky poo:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. EllieG

EllieG Silver Member

Diet:
    Low Carb
    It depends on your age - there are charts up at my gym showing them.

What age are you and I can look up the range next time I'm there (planned for tomorrow night assuming I get away from work promptly !!) ?

4. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I am 29 and weigh 11 stone if you need to know my weight.

5. princess farkie

princess farkie Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hey curlygirl!

Recommended effort for best results (i.e. fat loss & cardio improvement) is 65-75% of maximum heart rate.

Max heart rate is 220-age so yours is 191.
    65% of 191 is 124 and 75% of 191 is 143. So you should be aiming for a heart rate of between 124 and 143 beats per minute. Ideally - keep going for 45 mins for best results.

Good luck
    xx

6. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for that. I have had a day off today only started again on tuesday so did 20 min tues and 20 mins wed. gonna try and build it up each week and then when i can do 45 mins i will start looking at doing intervals.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.